+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
Please advise @legalfalcon
I am FSW-Inland applicant residing in Toronto. I lost my job and would like to know how it might impact my application. I came to Canada in Feb 2020 with a company sponsored closed work permit. [expires Feb 2022]

Category: FSW Inland
AOR : November 4th 2020
Medical : Passed - December 18th 2020
Visa Office: Montreal

Bio-metrics updated from my Work Permit record. And nothing more.

The only other information I got was:
Criminality: started
Eligibility: started
Security: not started

When I last spoke to IRCC agent in the first week of May they told me there has been no update in the file since January and told me to wait till end of June, 2021.

Also, as I am looking for a new job at the moment - Is it advised to look inside Ontario or I could consider other opportunities [in Montreal, Vancouver] which might expect me to relocate once the pandemic eases.

FYI - I have applied for the GCMS notes and expecting it by end of this month

Thanks in advance
someone correct me if I'm wrong but you can look for everything except Quebec.. they have their own program..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please advise @legalfalcon
I am FSW-Inland applicant residing in Toronto. I lost my job and would like to know how it might impact my application. I came to Canada in Feb 2020 with a company sponsored closed work permit. [expires Feb 2022]

Category: FSW Inland
AOR : November 4th 2020
Medical : Passed - December 18th 2020
Visa Office: Montreal

Bio-metrics updated from my Work Permit record. And nothing more.

The only other information I got was:
Criminality: started
Eligibility: started
Security: not started

When I last spoke to IRCC agent in the first week of May they told me there has been no update in the file since January and told me to wait till end of June, 2021.

Also, as I am looking for a new job at the moment - Is it advised to look inside Ontario or I could consider other opportunities [in Montreal, Vancouver] which might expect me to relocate once the pandemic eases.

FYI - I have applied for the GCMS notes and expecting it by end of this month

Thanks in advance
Did you claim points for arranged employment?

If you did not, it will not matter at all as the application is locked on the day it is submitted. Any changes post submission do not matter.

IF you applied as a CEC or FSW, you can find a job anywhere in Canada, except Quebec. See https://bit.ly/3fkn8pP

NewHope2021

May 13, 2021
Hi all,

FSW-Inland applicant AOR Nov 26, 2020 - on the portal there's only medicals and biometrics info as passed.
Just talked to an IRCC agent on the phone about my application:
They said my application is currently open (I guess it means someone is working on it?). My eligibility is passed. Security background is being processed. I didn't ask for my VO info.
I also asked if I needed to update my application because I have recently extended my PGWP and they said it is not necessary, just in case anyone else is wondering that.
I know it might take a while to get my COPR, but at least now I know they have worked on my application.

Reactions: baryonix

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi all,

FSW-Inland applicant AOR Nov 26, 2020 - on the portal there's only medicals and biometrics info as passed.
Just talked to an IRCC agent on the phone about my application:
They said my application is currently open (I guess it means someone is working on it?). My eligibility is passed. Security background is being processed. I didn't ask for my VO info.
I also asked if I needed to update my application because I have recently extended my PGWP and they said it is not necessary, just in case anyone else is wondering that.
I know it might take a while to get my COPR, but at least now I know they have worked on my application.
Is your criminality check passed? what is your VO?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - My bad luck, I did claim 50 points for arranged employment. Does IRCC render my profile as ineligible now ? If I get a job in the same NOC within a couple of weeks : does that still count ?

Thanks for providing clarity about the job related question.
Its not about it will be ineligible. The issue you will run into is that when you claim points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then the "year after clause will also go away" as the employer who gave you that undertaking will withdraw the offer, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.

For now, just find another job as soon as possible, and then inform IRCC.

Ashu23202

Jan 3, 2018
What is your timeline?
Did you answer “yes” to any statutory question?
My VO is Montreal as well
Not sure of the second question.

on first: AOR, nov 20
Medical Passed Jan first week; eligibility stuck, background check stuck. No Updates to the application since then.

Yourself?

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon, I'm an FSW-O applicant with AOR - Nov 14, 2020. Before I could order GCMS notes, I thought of getting your suggestion on this.

I received my last GCMS notes on April 11, 2021. The status is as follows:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

My application is process in NDVO. The last three months has been very hectic in India considering the rise in COVID cases. I have the following questions:
  • Considering this scenario, do you think NDVO would have stopped processing?
  • Do you think ordering the GCMS notes now will again get me the same status?
It would be great if you could reply. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I'm an FSW-O applicant with AOR - Nov 14, 2020. Before I could order GCMS notes, I thought of getting your suggestion on this.

My application is process in NDVO. The last three months has been very hectic in India considering the rise in COVID cases. I have the following questions:
The processing usually continues as all lines of business at IRCC are working remotely.

Before you request GCMS, send a webform and see what the response is. Only if your eligibility has started, then the GCMS notes will be of any use.

See https://bit.ly/2SRynyk

Reactions: Sharanm7

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021

You are FSW-O, yes, you will get same status. I just received my notes from 28 April -
no changes since January. I received notes every month.

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
Hi All,

The agent updated me today that my eligibility is passed( I confirmed if it was recommended passed or passed, she mentioned that it’s passed), also she confirmed that everything else completed except ‘security’, does any one has any idea how far my CoPR is?

Below are my details-
AoR-18th Nov
CEC inland
Medical and bio were passed in Dec 2020
VO- Ottawa

Thanks in advance!