caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for your information! I ordered it through an agent, and I will check them to see any updates from their side.
This is what the confirmation email from CBSA looks like that your agent would have received upon submission. See the note below about processing times

Hello [ name of the person who submitted the request to CBSA],

You have successfully submitted your request under the Access to Information Act to Canada Border Services Agency.

Your payment receipt number is #R123456789.

COVID 19 – Delays in Processing your Request
The Government of Canada’s Access to Information and Privacy Offices currently have a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures put in place to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be delays in responding to requests submitted under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act during this period. Departments will continue to make every reasonable effort to respond to requests, in accordance with the current operational realities. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this period.

Processing Times
  • If you submitted your request outside of regular business hours, Eastern Time, the processing of your request will begin the following business day.
  • If the deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the due date becomes the next business day.
Tracking Number
Your temporary request tracking number is 1234567. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.

Extensions
Extensions may be taken for limited and specific reasons, which are listed in the following sections of the Acts:

Section 9 of the Access to Information Act
Section 15 of the Privacy Act

Questions?
When you receive an answer to your request, review the information to determine whether you wish to make a further request under the Act. You also have the right to file a complaint to the Information Commissioner should you believe that you have been denied any of your rights under the Act.

Should additional information or documents be required, you will be notified by the Access to Information and Privacy Division of Canada Border Services Agency. If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to CBSA's ATIP Division.

Thank you for using the Access to Information and Privacy online application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I ordered CBSA notes on December 22nd, 2020, and got an e-mail requesting a 30 days extension on January 30th, 2021. However, I haven't get my notes yet. Is it normal for CBSA to exceed the promised time? Thanks!
YEs, very normal. The GCMS notes have to be released within 30 days, however, when an agency is unable to meet this deadline, and needs additional time, due to consultations or volume of documents, it can seek an extension in accordance with section 9.

Unlike IRCC, where extensions are usually for 60 or 90 days, CBSA extensions are limited to 30 or 60 days.

Extension of time limits

• 9 (1) The head of a government institution may extend the time limit set out in section 7 or subsection 8(1) in respect of a request under this Part for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the circumstances, if
    • (a) the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution,
    • (b) consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit, or
    • (c) notice of the request is given pursuant to subsection 27(1)
  • by giving notice of the extension and, in the circumstances set out in paragraph (a) or (b), the length of the extension, to the person who made the request within thirty days after the request is received, which notice shall contain a statement that the person has a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about the extension.

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
Hi All - Need some Genuine Advice - On 9 months processing timelines I've realized that PPR would probably arrive for FSW-O in the month of July 2021 (For November AOR) at the best. However, I've observed posts from May AOR that have still not received their PPR.

Therefore, how realistic is the July (9 month) timeline? I am considering switching jobs and the information on a realistic PPR date is critical as I make this decision.

Lastly, for FSW-O when is the best time to land in Canada searching for a Job? A lot of people have advice me against landing in the months November to Jan and June to Aug.

I'll be grateful for any assistance provided.

Reactions: RajKannan

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Therefore, how realistic is the July (9 month) timeline?
At this point, I don't think that anybody knows, not even the IRCC.

There are 2 factors at play here : the choice to focus on candidates already in Canada (and thus, a reduced capacity for handling outland applications) and the closed borders (unless you belong to the candidates exempt of travel restrictions), meaning that even if your application is approved, IRCC could very well decide to wait to release the required documents for the actual landing.

Last edited:
Reactions: proudfrog

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
YEs, very normal. The GCMS notes have to be released within 30 days, however, when an agency is unable to meet this deadline, and needs additional time, due to consultations or volume of documents, it can seek an extension in accordance with section 9.

Unlike IRCC, where extensions are usually for 60 or 90 days, CBSA extensions are limited to 30 or 60 days.

Extension of time limits

• 9(1) The head of a government institution may extend the time limit set out in section 7 or subsection 8(1) in respect of a request under this Part for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the circumstances, if
    • (a) the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution,
    • (b) consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit, or
    • (c) notice of the request is given pursuant to subsection 27(1)
  • by giving notice of the extension and, in the circumstances set out in paragraph (a) or (b), the length of the extension, to the person who made the request within thirty days after the request is received, which notice shall contain a statement that the person has a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about the extension.
Thanks for your info! I just got my CBSA notes hours before XD

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
I just talked to an IRCC agent, and I was informed that today's update was eligibility PASSED. The criminality and background check haven't started. And the agent told me that my application is at Central Intake Office (CIO). Not sure whether it is a good sign for a normal processing time as I heard many applications were transferred to the Local Visa Office after the eligibility passs.
I got CBSA notes which I ordered on Dec 22nd, 2020. The date of notes generated is Jan 19th, 2021.

According to CBSA notes, the assessments of my application are as follows:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

I will try to order another copy of the notes after several weeks. Because there are only a 3-day gap between note generation and my call to IRCC, I think my eligibility is recommended pass instead of a conclusive pass. From notes, I also found that my primary office is the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) and the secondary office is CPC-Ottawa. The primary office is consistent with what the IRCC agent told me on the phone.

My AOR date is Nov 7th, 2020, and my application is FSW-O. Look forward to more progress in the next few months, and hope the assessment information of my application is helpful to others on this forum :)

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi All - Need some Genuine Advice - On 9 months processing timelines I've realized that PPR would probably arrive for FSW-O in the month of July 2021 (For November AOR) at the best. However, I've observed posts from May AOR that have still not received their PPR.

Therefore, how realistic is the July (9 month) timeline? I am considering switching jobs and the information on a realistic PPR date is critical as I make this decision.

Lastly, for FSW-O when is the best time to land in Canada searching for a Job? A lot of people have advice me against landing in the months November to Jan and June to Aug.

I'll be grateful for any assistance provided.
I would say unless you're from Africa, you're out of luck with the 9 month timeline because only the Accra office is processing FSW-O applications. For all other offices, its out of luck. Going to be delayed. Do you happen to know your VO? These days, time taken is more dependent on your VO rather than AOR sadly.

Reactions: proudfrog

baryonix

May 21, 2019
There is one key information that many forget. Between March 18, 2020, and Aug 20, 2020, only two "No Program Specific" draws happened. The % of FSW candidates getting COPR with May 2020 AOR are very less. Between Aug 20, 2020, and Dec 23, 2020, 9 FSW draws (Close TO 45,000 candidates) happened. In my opinion, once we start getting approvals for people with Aug 2020 AOR is when we will actually know what our (Nov 2020) timeline would be. We should revisit the trends in a month to know better. I am highly doubtful if Feb 2021 CEC applicants will get priority or faster approvals than AUG 2020 FSW candidates or even us Nov FSW candidates for that matter. Looking forward to the thoughts from fellow candidates.
yeah hopefully they wont prioritize the new CEC applicants over the current FSW ones. Imagine having 27000 people jump queue in front of you... o_O:eek:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Do VO's outside Canada process CEC applications? If not then maybe we can hope for some progress as I have seen a few people here whose applications were moved to LVO's, maybe that is good sign.

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
There is one key information that many forget. Between March 18, 2020, and Aug 20, 2020, only two "No Program Specific" draws happened. The % of FSW candidates getting COPR with May 2020 AOR are very less. Between Aug 20, 2020, and Dec 23, 2020, 9 FSW draws (Close TO 45,000 candidates) happened. In my opinion, once we start getting approvals for people with Aug 2020 AOR is when we will actually know what our (Nov 2020) timeline would be. We should revisit the trends in a month to know better. I am highly doubtful if Feb 2021 CEC applicants will get priority or faster approvals than AUG 2020 FSW candidates or even us Nov FSW candidates for that matter. Looking forward to the thoughts from fellow candidates.
great insight.

Reactions: RajKannan

N95

Feb 3, 2021
My application ended up at Ottawa VO with only medical and criminality passed. Any idea about how fast this VO is processing applications for FSW-O?

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
I would say unless you're from Africa, you're out of luck with the 9 month timeline because only the Accra office is processing FSW-O applications. For all other offices, its out of luck. Going to be delayed. Do you happen to know your VO? These days, time taken is more dependent on your VO rather than AOR sadly.
No clue about the Visa Office. How do we find that out? I guess my country has more than 1.

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
Thanks for pointing this out. Yes - I agree Aug/Sep AOR are key. A lot of blogs have stated CEC to get higher priority compared to FSW - So I am not too sure why would they not give priority to CEC compared to Aug/Nov AOR.