+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

halexhowellosuna

Mar 24, 2019
LOL right not me hunnie i signed up foto be rep real quick plus huzzy got these graveyard work hours i can't deal with missing anything . But i guess she has her reasons right ‍♀
I debated for a while about this before sending in the application - but ultimately decided that I trusted him to be on top of all of it. And he has been really good so far. But yeah, individual circumstances will dictate whether or not you do for your application. :)

Vanessav19

Nov 18, 2019
Hey,

Hoping someone can help me.

My children applied for proof of citizenship when I applied for my husband's spousal sponsorship (I am a Canadian citizen by birth).

My husband received the medical request today as did my 3 children. Being that they are Canadian through birth and that I am waiting for their proof of citizenship to be mailed to me do they still have to do the medical? I sent their birth certificate and the receipt for the proof of citizenship application with my husband's application so I'm not sure if that was overlooked.

Also since submitting the application I've delivered our 4th child who was not listed as a dependent since I was pregnant at the time application was submitted. Will she be required a medical examination as well? The physician is located on the other side of the state and is like to get it all done at once if that's possible.

I know it says dependents are required to submit a medical even if not accompanying so they can possible immigrate at a further point but being citizens my children will not need to apply for PR and have already taken the steps to get their proof of citizenship so I'm confused and don't want to pay an extra $1200 if not necessary.

If anyone has any info on this I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
@Belarusian i received bio metric first from Missisuaga and then Medical furtherance from Delhi,
Can we know from this as to where the file has been moved ? Or will the file be moved only after medical clearance ?
If I understood correctly, then you passed the medicine in Delhi. medicine and file transfer are not particularly related (people get a request before and after moving to VO). If you received a request for a bio from Missisuaga , apparently this is your VO. Although on this forum I met that from Missisuaga the file is sometimes transferred to NDVO. Just hope your file stays in Missisuaga ;)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@Belarusian So is medical furtherance fall into red flag category ?
I'm going to risk disagreeing with Belarusian: as noted, we do not know all the reasons why files transferred to field offices rather than handled from eg. Mississauga.

My own view (informed guess) is that it's NOT just related to red flags, but likely any matter that either requires field office to follow-up or check or handle, or for which field office is better equipped to handle. (Likely other reasons as well that could be as mundane as 'which offices have spare capacity')

Medical furtherance MAY be a factor that a field office is better equipped to handle - but maybe not - including such factors as local medical system, presence of a regional medical office, or a bunch of other factors.

Also note: it's not just 'luck' whether field office gets the file, so there's no point getting stressed about it. Medical furtherance will at any rate likely take longer for processing (although likely depends on nature of the medical issues, whether treatment or follow-up or whatever else is required).

Nov 27, 2019
I'm going to risk disagreeing with Belarusian: as noted, we do not know all the reasons why files transferred to field offices rather than handled from eg. Mississauga.

My own view (informed guess) is that it's NOT just related to red flags, but likely any matter that either requires field office to follow-up or check or handle, or for which field office is better equipped to handle. (Likely other reasons as well that could be as mundane as 'which offices have spare capacity')

Medical furtherance MAY be a factor that a field office is better equipped to handle - but maybe not - including such factors as local medical system, presence of a regional medical office, or a bunch of other factors.

Also note: it's not just 'luck' whether field office gets the file, so there's no point getting stressed about it. Medical furtherance will at any rate likely take longer for processing (although likely depends on nature of the medical issues, whether treatment or follow-up or whatever else is required).

So @armoured , only for medical furtherance processing will it be sent to NDVO and then the rest of the processing will take place in another VO ?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019

because i wrote "if file is simple" and about flags i wrote TOO not ONLY ;)
just suggested and expressed my opinion, the more opinions the better

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So @armoured , only for medical furtherance processing will it be sent to NDVO and then the rest of the processing will take place in another VO ?
I do not know.

My guess is that if a file is transferred to NDVO that office would 'retain' the file for further processing there. Note that we do not know the specifics of how things are handled internally.

Also note, a file being handled in one office e.g. as 'primary' office does not mean that other offices such as headquarters are not involved. They seem to have regional medical officers (or offices) in only some locations, ie a medical officer in London for example may cover other regional visa offices; how they organise the internal routing and approvals likely not clear to anyone outside IRCC (and at any rate subject to internal changes from time to time). This is normal administrative organisational stuff, likely not worth spending too much time contemplating.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Guys,

After the file transfer to Mississauga, will it go to another VO? What are the chances?
My medicals passed on January 10th and file moved to Mississauga on 7th

i_sanjana

Sep 14, 2016
Is our file transferred to the vo after we pass the medical and biometrics or it can be done also after we receive the medical and biometric requests?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is our file transferred to the vo after we pass the medical and biometrics or it can be done also after we receive the medical and biometric requests?
Mine was received before the bio and medical passed but it does not seem consistent from reports of others.