App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Did they already ask for the Police Certificate from Mexico? It seems like getting that is taking a long time.
How do we know if they've request a background check from our home country or not? My application is still showing "we are processing your background check" and the eligbility checking has not yet started....

I submitted the notarized criminal check from my home country when I initially submitted my application. I wonder if that document counts....

so upset...

ozzyg333

Feb 24, 2020
How do we know if they've request a background check from our home country or not? My application is still showing "we are processing your background check" and the eligbility checking has not yet started....

I submitted the notarized criminal check from my home country when I initially submitted my application. I wonder if that document counts....

so upset...

They asked for it and I gave it to them with my application. They also asked for a Canadian one and provided that too. They're still processing my background check and nothing has changed on my application. It's just really concerning when people are on here posting that they've been approved and got their sin already when they submitted 3 weeks after I did. I don't know what's going on, I submitted Nov 7 and it's coming up on a year now.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018

so upset...
In some countries (Mexico included) you are not supposed to give the Police Cert with the initial application because they apparently won't give it to you without having a request form the embassy. Some countries (I believe the majority) ask that you send the police cert upfront.

It is all in the instructions particular to each country, so we wouldn't be able to tell you if the one you sent counts.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
They asked for it and I gave it to them with my application. They also asked for a Canadian one and provided that too. They're still processing my background check and nothing has changed on my application. It's just really concerning when people are on here posting that they've been approved and got their sin already when they submitted 3 weeks after I did. I don't know what's going on, I submitted Nov 7 and it's coming up on a year now.
So you sent the "Constancia de datos registrales" with your application? or did you send a "Carta de no antecedentes penales"?

And you are not the only one, our application is from October 2019 and we don't expect it to be completed until probably February-March 2021, due to delays with the Police Cert from Mexico.

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Today our Gckey update for review of eligibility changed to: we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility.
Can someone expand on what this means? Is it standard update or can we expect AIP soon? Thanks in advance
I heard that people usually got their DM once their status changed to 'reviewing your eligibility'. Did you received any good news?:)

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi guys, I just received SA and AIP on 8:41 am this morning! I checked mygckey website this morning around 8am and found that the status changed to 'we started reviewing your eligibility' and received email on getting updates on my application less than one hour later. I'm so grateful that the waiting is almost over.
Want to thank you all for you supports during this tourturing process. For those who are still waiting, hang in there and you will get your PR soon!

MaggieJP

Aug 20, 2020
Hi guys, I just received SA and AIP on 8:41 am this morning! I checked mygckey website this morning around 8am and found that the status changed to 'we started reviewing your eligibility' and received email on getting updates on my application less than one hour later. I'm so grateful that the waiting is almost over.
Want to thank you all for you supports during this tourturing process. For those who are still waiting, hang in there and you will get your PR soon!
Congratulations!!! :D
I am sooooo happy for you!

Reactions: huiqixie

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I heard that people usually got their DM once their status changed to 'reviewing your eligibility'. Did you received any good news?:)
Not yet. On ECAS, the sponsor application changed to DM but the PA's application still says in process. Neither of us have received emails yet. I see you received AIP and SA today, congratulations!!! Must be such a relief!

Reactions: huiqixie

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Congratulaions . . .
I also got an update in email that "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor." which is SA . . and GIC changed to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
How I will know about the AIP ?
Thank you.

Reactions: hiwilley

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Congratulaions . . .
I also got an update in email that "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor." which is SA . . and GIC changed to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
How I will know about the AIP ?
Thank you.
When I login my gckey (CIC/IRCC) website, I have two new message (2 pdfs) that I can download. One is SA and the other is AIP.

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi Everyone

I received a letter from new Delhi office, Anyone with the similar situation?

We did a small ceremony because our family don't approve of our marriage due to different culture. I have sent all the pictures of the ceremony and honeymoon . All the hotel booking and call records, We have joint bank account.

Can you please suggest what should I do?

 -Please advise whether you and your sponsor plan to have a traditional marriage as per custom and an elaborate wedding reception. If you have already undertaken, please provide photographs of your marriage depicting all rituals as per tradition; and pictures of marriage ceremony and wedding reception showing the presence of guests from both the sides. 
 -Also provide post-marriage family and outing photographs.

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi Everyone

I received a letter from new Delhi office, Anyone with the similar situation?

We did a small ceremony because our family don't approve of our marriage due to different culture. I have sent all the pictures of the ceremony and honeymoon . All the hotel booking and call records, We have joint bank account.

Can you please suggest what should I do?

 -Please advise whether you and your sponsor plan to have a traditional marriage as per custom and an elaborate wedding reception. If you have already undertaken, please provide photographs of your marriage depicting all rituals as per tradition; and pictures of marriage ceremony and wedding reception showing the presence of guests from both the sides. 
 -Also provide post-marriage family and outing photographs.
I'm not an expert on this, but could you send them a letter explaining your situation?
I wrote a 8-page letter explaining the story between my husband and I when I initially submitted my application because we only dated lesser than one year before we got married.
Hope this help

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hi everyone, ECAS changed both the sponsor and principal's status to DM today! I was not able to login to IRCC because their website was down.
I saw some people were asked to send pictures to them.
Could anyone tell me that when do I need to send pictures? Also, do we need to send passports to them as well?

For those who are still waiting, I remember I sent a webform question to IRCC asking them where my application status is because it has been almost pass the one year benchmark last Friday. Then I received updates the next business day. Not sure if it's because of the webform I sent. Maybe you guys can try it out.

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I'm not an expert on this, but could you send them a letter explaining your situation?
I wrote a 8-page letter explaining the story between my husband and I when I initially submitted my application because we only dated lesser than one year before we got married.
Hope this help
Thank you