Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
You need to check your junk mail or call the call Center, they might have sent you a correspondence asking for more information (might be proof of relationship). All the best.
@Ryleyyyy Agree with this. If you or your sponsor cannot find the September 27th communication, call the Call Center to have them resend. It may be a time-sensitive document, so you'll have to see it right away.

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Nov 12, 2019 applicant, still no update on SA and AIP yet..... kinda get frustrated......

Yoshii

Jul 10, 2019
Nov 12, 2019 applicant, still no update on SA and AIP yet..... kinda get frustrated......
Was the last update for you the medical passed?
Could it be possible that you have a complex application and that's why it's taking longer?

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Was the last update for you the medical passed?
Could it be possible that you have a complex application and that's why it's taking longer?
Yes, last update was about me passing my medical exam on Sept 1, 2020.
I'm not sure if my application was complex or not.
It was just my husband and I (applicant), and I believe I've submitted everything I could to support our relationship.

Yoshii

Jul 10, 2019
Yes, last update was about me passing my medical exam on Sept 1, 2020.
I'm not sure if my application was complex or not.
It was just my husband and I (applicant), and I believe I've submitted everything I could to support our relationship.
Okay. I assume that the officer who works on your file could have a lot of applications on their table and that's why it just takes longer.
And there was no correspondence at all in between? Maybe you'll receive a letter asking you to submit more evidence (saw this happen a couple of times after IRCC hadn't been in contact for a while at the final stages of the application).

Ryleyyyy

Oct 5, 2020
Hi! I’m in the same boat. My partner got his SA yesterday Oct 5, but I’m still waiting for AIP. How long have you been staying in canada? I’m living in canada for about 8 years so far so I’m guessing that’s why my background check takes a little longer than others..
I’ve been Canada 2 years and 4 months,maybe need more time to background check,did u know how many time they check background usually?

Ryleyyyy

Oct 5, 2020
@Ryleyyyy Agree with this. If you or your sponsor cannot find the September 27th communication, call the Call Center to have them resend. It may be a time-sensitive document, so you'll have to see it right away.
I apply through lawyer,he told me ECAS system always get wrong we don’t need too nervous what the system says,just need wait, I have no idea right or wrong that he said.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I apply through lawyer,he told me ECAS system always get wrong we don’t need too nervous what the system says,just need wait, I have no idea right or wrong that he said.
In my personal experience, if IRCC said they sent you something, they sent you something.

I know a lot of the times we give the IRCC reps on the phone or those that answer the Webforms a bad rap because sometimes information is sent to us that is untrue or misleading, due to human error, but I just don't want you to be missing out on a request for information that may delay or impede your application.

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
What I have learnt is that every application is different. Eventually if you are "normal" with no issues with your background, the PR will come.

Unfortunately, the speed at which your application gets processed highly depends on your country of origin, the religious group of your home town, etc.....

Im in the same boat, stuck at background check, mainly because Im from lebanon. They tend to scrutinize applications from there much more harshly, as we have a bunch of criminals/terrorists running the lebanese government. I wouldn't recommend comparing processing times to other people, each application is different. Is it fair? probably not. Can you do anything about it? Also probably not. All we can do is wait.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero