+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

mala2810

Dec 2, 2019
Hello, some of you have updated the excel sheet with a date on Background Check. Did you get this information by email or the website? Just curious as my application was received on 4 nov 19, owp approved, but still do not have this information yet. Thanks for your response.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
My husband's OWP was just approved! He didn't get the email, he just logged in to the IRCC account and saw that it is approved as of today. We applied on Nov 25
Hi,

Could you let us know your Status when he applied?

Visitor?
And land or airport entry?
Stamp or no stamp in the passport?

Thanks

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
Yes, he had visitor status when we applied; he came by plane but no stamp in his passport. I sent them an inquiry about this a week ago and they said that delays are expected because of the covid-19, and that they'll let us know when they finish processing the application.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Hi November applicants! I'm a late October Inland PR & OWP applicant and have been poking around your message board after conversing with @BB802. Just wanted to let you know I'm in the same OWP boat as all of you. I don't know when they started the "No stamp, no approval" rule, or whatever it is IRCC is up to, but I feel your pain. Seemingly, a lot of my fellow October applicants received their OWP approvals in late-January or early-February, save for a few of us that I'm aware of, so this may be a new procedure that was instituted around that time?

I mailed my PR & OWP applications one week after re-entering Canada, so I was definitely in status, but everything was automated and I while I did speak very briefly to a Border Agent, my passport was not stamped upon entry.

Does anyone know how to prove to IRCC that we were in status, or has anyone tried disputing the OWP rejection? Thanks!
Unfortunately, I don't think that the visitor/stamp/status thing has anything to do with our OWP application woes as there are a few members of this thread that HAVE already received their approvals and they applied with visitor status with NO stamp. This proves that it doesn't matter that our passports weren't stamped. So back to the guessing game. I see though BrincessButtercup that you were able to at least link your OWP, I haven't even been able to do that! In fact, I do not even have an application number for the OWP yet as when I rang IRCC they said that there won't be an application number assigned because they haven't even started looking at the application yet (no file even created yet for it)!!

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
Terryberry25 I've submitted inland spousal sponsorship application to Mississauga, so I guess they processed everything there

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Unfortunately, I don't think that the visitor/stamp/status thing has anything to do with our OWP application woes as there are a few members of this thread that HAVE already received their approvals and they applied with visitor status with NO stamp. This proves that it doesn't matter that our passports weren't stamped. So back to the guessing game. I see though BrincessButtercup that you were able to at least link your OWP, I haven't even been able to do that! In fact, I do not even have an application number for the OWP yet as when I rang IRCC they said that there won't be an application number assigned because they haven't even started looking at the application yet (no file even created yet for it)!!
So frustrating, right? I did write IRCC via Webform today asking for the reason that I was "not eligible" for an OWP. I had photos of my flight boarding passes from my last entry into Canada, showing that I was in status then and now, which I realize are in no way legal poof, but hopefully a catalyst for them to reconsider and look into my OWP application again. I'll let you know what they say!

Reactions: CanUK333

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
So frustrating, right? I did write IRCC via Webform today asking for the reason that I was "not eligible" for an OWP. I had photos of my flight boarding passes from my last entry into Canada, showing that I was in status then and now, which I realize are in no way legal poof, but hopefully a catalyst for them to reconsider and look into my OWP application again. I'll let you know what they say!
Hi, same here. I wrote IRCC via form 2 days ago and yesterday they responded "We verified the information on file. However, it has been determined that you do not meet the eligibility criteria." With a link to the list of criteria. I meet everything: I had valid visitor status when I applied, I had the stamp in my passport and everything! I wrote again via form an let's just see if they want to give me a different reason now. Please keep us posted if they reply to you.

Application received: Dec 9/2019
AOR: Feb 6/2019

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi, same here. I wrote IRCC via form 2 days ago and yesterday they responded "We verified the information on file. However, it has been determined that you do not meet the eligibility criteria." With a link to the list of criteria. I meet everything: I had valid visitor status when I applied, I had the stamp in my passport and everything! I wrote again via form an let's just see if they want to give me a different reason now. Please keep us posted if they reply to you.

Application received: Dec 9/2019
AOR: Feb 6/2019
I received the exact same email (from my first Webform inquiry) with the same wording and criteria link. I was expecting a generic "We are processing or reviewing your application" reponse, so I was quite stunned by a rejection as you may have been too!

I'm an October 30 applicant with a December 24 AOR.

Just a thought here: I wonder if they're not approving/or paring back on OWP approvals due to the COVID-19 situation? Reason being that if so many of their own citizens and PRs are now applying for EI (Employment Insurance), they don't want to add more workers into the already overwhelmed pool? The OWP with Inland PR application is in a test phase, which the government can change or rescind at any time. Would just be nice to have a reason explaining the rejection.

Thanks for reading and will keep you updated on any additional correspondence from IRCC. Stay safe!