+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Thanks for your response. Yes, he arrived by plane, and he got an exit stamp from our home country (it can be seen in the pages I copied and sent to IRCC, and since that was his new passport, that's the only stamp in it, so button don't think they missed it), but no entry stamp at the airport in Canada.
I would submit a web form CSE enquiry.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

qwerty86

Oct 15, 2019
Has there been any movement for other November applicants? We applied Nov 14th and are still waiting for medical exam requests.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
But it also doesnt make sense why this happened to just my application while others get their work permit without an issue.

Thats why I was wondering if you provided proof of status..
Hi, we haven't gotten my husband's OWP yet either (applied Nov. 8th) and when I rang they said they haven't started looking at it yet because I have to wait for AIP first. When I looked on this forum people were saying this happens when they are unsure of the applicants status when applying. I'm in the same boat as you, he had valid visitors status when we applied, coming from England my husband didn't need a visitor visa and you're right they rarely stamp your passport when coming into Canada now so he has no passport stamp either. I wonder if our application is being held up because of the same reason as yours? Although, they haven't formally requested any additional documents from us yet. We applied Nov. 8th and haven't heard a peep since....no AOR....no OWP...nothing.

I'd appreciate it if you could keep us updated on here as to your situation as it unfolds.

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
I sent inquiry to IRCC about my husband's OWP (we applied on Nov 25), and they said they're experiencing delays due to covid-19:
"Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible."

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi, we haven't gotten my husband's OWP yet either (applied Nov. 8th) and when I rang they said they haven't started looking at it yet because I have to wait for AIP first. When I looked on this forum people were saying this happens when they are unsure of the applicants status when applying. I'm in the same boat as you, he had valid visitors status when we applied, coming from England my husband didn't need a visitor visa and you're right they rarely stamp your passport when coming into Canada now so he has no passport stamp either. I wonder if our application is being held up because of the same reason as yours? Although, they haven't formally requested any additional documents from us yet. We applied Nov. 8th and haven't heard a peep since....no AOR....no OWP...nothing.

I'd appreciate it if you could keep us updated on here as to your situation as it unfolds.
yep thats the same situation as me. Without a visitor stamp on entry they don't seem to be approving the OWP.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
what answers do they give you when you call?
Call #1: They said they must have temporarily lost my application Call #2: They have given priority to my PR application ahead of OWP Call #3: The agent responsible for my case must have been on vacation Call #4: They will not review the OWP application until eligibility is assessed first on PR oh and I forgot one other answer they gave #5: That OWPs are only granted within the 4-5month window IF you had a current work visa upon applying or if you were a student. Visitors do not qualify for the fast-tracked OWP (which I already know is false because a member already posted that they received their OWP and they were on visitors status)

I have been told by two of the most experienced forum members here that the call centre agents are not fully trained and do not have the ability to give these kind of answers, they can only tell you what the status is currently written on your file (which is the exact same status that YOU can see online when you've linked your application) so to take everything else they say with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessButtercup

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Anyone know what to do about the SIN#? Just got the OWP but can’t do anything without a Sin.
You need to appyl via mail.

Could you help us though with your OWP info? Did you apply as a visitor and did you fly into the country?