+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
hi
did you hear back regarding your application?

The PR application is "in process" and is currently at 25% completion! The OWP app was sent back to us because we accidently missed one of the fees. We paid it and sent it back, was recieved on January 24th. We haven't been able to to link it yet though.

Reactions: sai123456789

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I havent been able to link the application online. I dont have the application number. I have been trying to get in touch with IRCC but i just get the automated machines all the time. What did you press to talk to a live agent? thank you.
Yes you’ll have to listen to the automated message and then you’ll get options, can’t remember which I chose I think “status of application”, then you’ll hear another automated message and then it’ll say stay in the line to speak to an agent. Ask them for your application number and this is what you’ll use to link.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Anyone NOT been able to link OWP? We can't link it (says no application exists). Tried ringing and they said it could take months for them to start processing it in order to link the OWP...but it seems like lots of people on here have been able to do that already!
Did u use représentative? Did you put ur spouse as your rep, if so you must use his or her login and link with it.

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I called IRCC regarding my OWP, and while I was not able to get to talk to an agent ("unable to connect to an agent due to large volume of calls"), the automated system stated that review and process for any OWP application (as temporary permit while awaiting PR) submitted after Oct 3rd has not started. Current avg wait time for review is 107 days.
That is interesting because once your application is received and listed as "submitted" in full, then it is considered as an online application. When linked to your account, your OWP app will come up as an online app even though you submitted a paper app. Currently on IRCC website, processing time for online OWP apps (Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension) is 90 days; it states "Working on applications received on October 19, 2019". It even states "Working on applications received on October 10, 2019" for paper applications with 107 days of processing.

I also checked out the excel sheet for October inland applicants. Some have already received their OWP approval and in the mail, and they sent their app after October 20th. I could be wrong obviously, but I think their processing times truly depend on the agents and how they go through their share of apps let's say.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
No did not use a rep. We have tried linking using principle applicant information. (Tried linking via all different options) Keeps saying no application found.
I can just tell this must be very stessful for u guys. But dont worry everything will be OK.
I would give IRCC call. If they say its in process then ask for application number. Its ur right to get application number.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
That is interesting because once your application is received and listed as "submitted" in full, then it is considered as an online application. When linked to your account, your OWP app will come up as an online app even though you submitted a paper app. Currently on IRCC website, processing time for online OWP apps (Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension) is 90 days; it states "Working on applications received on October 19, 2019". It even states "Working on applications received on October 10, 2019" for paper applications with 107 days of processing.

I also checked out the excel sheet for October inland applicants. Some have already received their OWP approval and in the mail, and they sent their app after October 20th. I could be wrong obviously, but I think their processing times truly depend on the agents and how they go through their share of apps let's say.
They could start approving Nov OWP aaaaannny time now jeez

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018

The whole OWP process is seemingly very complicated lol. What if we're not able to link it but they require more information or something? Would they send us something in the mail?

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
The whole OWP process is seemingly very complicated lol. What if we're not able to link it but they require more information or something? Would they send us something in the mail?
Haha yeah, I mean what isn't with IRCC? lol.

I would say keep trying to link or calling them to get a hold of an agent. I haven't had too many issues getting transferred to one because I would try calling so many times during the day lol.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Haha yeah, I mean what isn't with IRCC? lol.

I would say keep trying to link or calling them to get a hold of an agent. I haven't had too many issues getting transferred to one because I would try calling so many times during the day lol.
I think its just ridicules that they can finish an entire outland PR app in avg of 4 months but they cnt even finish inland OWP app that get attach with inland PR app. Its stressful and now most of us have to extend visitor visa that create more paper work for them.

I always call in the morning and request call back.

Has any1 seen this?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2390

Monsteramamma

Dec 11, 2019
Yeah the 107 day wait time seems consistent, and is interesting that the automated phone system has a different date of what apps they're working on (the phone message may just not be updated as often as website).

I also checked the October spreadsheet, and looks like a bunch of people have gotten their approval, and the wait time between recieved and approved is tilting towards 100+ days. Hopefully we start seeing some November approvals soon.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I think its just ridicules that they can finish an entire outland PR app in avg of 4 months but they cnt even finish inland OWP app that get attach with inland PR app. Its stressful and now most of us have to extend visitor visa that create more paper work for them.

I always call in the morning and request call back.

Has any1 seen this?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2390
why will you need to extend visitors stay?, is OWP application not given you implied status? I just need clarification on this matter, I am confused on it