+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Laxis

Nov 27, 2019
Sure thing. I called (+1-888-242-2100) and then just followed the instructions basically. Interestingly enough, when I chose English and got to the agent part, I wasn't put through because of their high volume of calls. I hung up, called again, went for French and I was put in line to speak to an agent in 35 mins so they called back. Maybe try that or call super early in the morning, around 7:45 eastern time.
Thank you very much for the number.One other question i will like to ask because you had your application returned so u might help out.regarding the OWP did you include a checklist for that and also did you include suppprting documents for that apart from what you included for the spousal sponsorship?.

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Thank you very much for the number.One other question i will like to ask because you had your application returned so u might help out.regarding the OWP did you include a checklist for that and also did you include suppprting documents for that apart from what you included for the spousal sponsorship?.
You should know that although you are submitting everything in one package, the OWP application will be separated from the spousal sponsorship application and processed on its own, so yes; include the supporting documents again like photocopies of passport, marriage certificate...etc. As for the checklist, you should include it as well and make sure that when you pay for the app, you pay $255 and NOT just $155. Also, your proof of payment should be separate as well, meaning that you should pay for each app separately and not in just one receipt.

Laxis

Nov 27, 2019
You should know that although you are submitting everything in one package, the OWP application will be separated from the spousal sponsorship application and processed on its own, so yes; include the supporting documents again like photocopies of passport, marriage certificate...etc. As for the checklist, you should include it as well and make sure that when you pay for the app, you pay $255 and NOT just $155. Also, your proof of payment should be separate as well, meaning that you should pay for each app separately and not in just one receipt.
Thank you for the information.I have already sent my application and i am sure it will be returned cos i did not add documents for the OWP. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
November 18
Personally, I don't think your app will be returned if everything else is good to go. Anyway, many posts through other threads recommend you do this when contacting IRCC by phone: ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ and select 3-4-1-0 to speak to an agent.

Good luck!

Reactions: CanUK333

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
So unfortunately, our application was sent back to us for missing documents (received today on the 27th of Nov, and sent by IRCC on 21st of Nov). IRCC included an explanation that we need to submit the sponsor's notice of assessment or proof of income statement, which we did (we included his most recent pay stubs from the military). So I called IRCC, and apparently they need the NOA to have an overall view of revenue, not just most recent payments. The agent also told us to include whatever documents the agent sent with our app. We sent the app today, so I guess that sets our time back to: App sent on November 27th.

An AOR would have definitely been much better than this, but at least I guess now I know everything else is good to go with our app.
FYI, all paper clips were removed and the documents were NOT in order when our app was sent back to us.
To clarify, when they say proof of income statement, they don't mean pay stubs or just any type of proof of income, they mean an actual document that CRA supplies called the Option C: Proof of Income Statement. It's a very detailed document about a taxpayer's income and assets. Your sponsor can get a copy of it through their CRA online account.

I know you already dealt with this but I wanted to provide this information for anybody else who is still working on their application and might also be confused.

Reactions: Jodilibra

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
Hi guys, hoping to join this thread and share our experience as we go.

I sent out my Sponsorship Application today (Common-Law Inland with OWP). Did everything all by myself without a lawyer. Very stressful putting the documents together but hoping for a smooth process from here on :)

Apr 17, 2018
@eunisgreen also sent our documents yesterday (hopefully reach them today) (Common-law Inland with OWP).

Think we made a mistake though. We applied online as well for the OWP, but placed all documents required for the OWP in the package sent.
Hope it doesnt cause confusion.

I also place the Statutory of Declaration of Common Law doc with OWP and didnt include it with the sponsorship part. Hope they make a copy of it for that part if they seperate the two, or contact us to upload.

Good luck to you, we may have the same timeline :)

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
@eunisgreen also sent our documents yesterday (hopefully reach them today) (Common-law Inland with OWP).

Think we made a mistake though. We applied online as well for the OWP, but placed all documents required for the OWP in the package sent.
Hope it doesnt cause confusion.

I also place the Statutory of Declaration of Common Law doc with OWP and didnt include it with the sponsorship part. Hope they make a copy of it for that part if they seperate the two, or contact us to upload.

Good luck to you, we may have the same timeline :)
I sent it through Canada Post express and it arrived and was signed by S. WONG earlier this afternoon!

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Thank you for the information.I have already sent my application and i am sure it will be returned cos i did not add documents for the OWP. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I too did not submit duplicate supporting docs for the OWP. I'm hoping my app is not returned :confused:

Another forum member posted in this thread that their app was returned for missing an NOA doc only a few weeks after it was received so I'm hoping that because it's been over 21 days now since they received mine that I should be ok?

Can anyone comment on how quickly they return applications for missing docs? If they received my application over 21 days ago, can I assume it's all ok?

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hi all.
Our application was received on Nov 18th. I’m an principal applicant and my husband is PR. I already took my medicals few months ago this year for my pgwp. In the checklist, I wrote the name of the doctor, address and phone number of the hospital where I took my medicals.

For my case, do they assess my background check right after they send me AOR skipping the medical part? Or do they ask me to do another medicals?