+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks.
Its a joke that ircc can spend time on responding on twitter but not actually processing applications and that too for generic questions. They cant serve the clients and cant answer their clients on their application specific queries for which they are obligated to but they wanted to perform some drama online on twitter. The Low level IRCC.
That's correct. They are allocating resources to falsely promote their reputation and hide their incompetency in the public than actually doing the job.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who participated in the ceremony, how will they send you the citizenship certificate?
Im planning to visit family and need passport asap...

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Those who participated in the ceremony, how will they send you the citizenship certificate?
Im planning to visit family and need passport asap...
Most receive it by mail 2-4 weeks after ceremony, some pick it up from office (if open). Do you need a Canadian passport to travel? If you have your country of origin's passport, and a PR then it's not urgent processing.

Reactions: djshshajtm

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Most receive it by mail 2-4 weeks after ceremony, some pick it up from office (if open). Do you need a Canadian passport to travel? If you have your country of origin's passport, and a PR then it's not urgent processing.
Cannot enter Canada without a PR though can you. Since they make you tear it up in the ceremony.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Cannot enter Canada without a PR though can you. Since they make you tear it up in the ceremony.
Right, but I understand they want to leave now before the ceremony. After the ceremony they have to stay until they get the passport, or at least until they get the certificate, and then apply for passport outside Canada, which is not the fastest and easiest option.

That what happens when IRCC doesn't handle things efficiently. They have added sufferings above suffering for us immigrants. I haven't seen my elderly parents for 4 years, and I cannot leave Canada because my citizenship application is till in process, and I sent out my PR renewal application 6 weeks ago, and I don't expect to have it before December, which is month of holidays, which means I may have to wait until Jan, 2022 to get my renewed PR. That's if they mailed it to me, and not selecting me to pick it up from an office. That would take another whole period of waiting because most offices are still closed.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
OK, oaths for March 2022 started to pop up in the forums. This cannot be good for us. Things appear to become worse as the time passes, not better. IRCC needs to change its strategy immediately to clear the backlog. Their strategy is not working for the backlog they have created by sitting doing nothing most of 2020.

CherryKa

Aug 2, 2014
OK, oaths for March 2022 started to pop up in the forums. This cannot be good for us. Things appear to become worse as the time passes, not better. IRCC needs to change its strategy immediately to clear the backlog. Their strategy is not working for the backlog they have created by sitting doing nothing most of 2020.
WTF, why don't they just ask us to sign an affidavit instead of the oath? Why?
I'm going to message them on Twitter all Monday long asking this very question. Their handling of the situation is getting ridiculous

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
WTF, why don't they just ask us to sign an affidavit instead of the oath? Why?
I'm going to message them on Twitter all Monday long asking this very question. Their handling of the situation is getting ridiculous
Make sure to keep it public. With DM they want to hide people's frustration to the public. We need to put on them more public pressure. Otherwise these people aren't going to care. With bad publicity they will start to care, not about us, but about themselves. I sent them webform the other day, received a generic response that they are busy with other crises. For heaven's sake, dedicate another line for the Afghans instead of blocking all calls for the applicants. I cannot leave Canada to visit my parents because of their incompetency. The Montreal office takes 8 months after DM for the oath before I saw the March 2022 oath dates. This means the Montreal office now will probably take 12-18 months from DM to oath. Things are getting worse by the day.

Last edited:

CherryKa

Aug 2, 2014
Make sure to keep it public. With DM they want to hide people's frustration to the public. We need to put on them more public pressure. Otherwise these people aren't going to care. With bad publicity they will start to care, not about us, but about themselves. I sent them webform the other day, received a generic response that they are busy with other crises. For heaven's sake, dedicate another line for the Afghans instead of blocking all calls for the applicants. I cannot leave Canada to visit my parents because of their incompetency. The Montreal office takes 8 months after DM for the oath before I saw the March 2022 oath dates. This means the Montreal office now will probably take 12-18 months from DM to oath. Things are getting worse by the day.
Yes, I'll comment them to death on Twitter. I'm as desperate as you are.
I'm going to ask them why the hell they can't just cancel the ceremony and allow notarized oaths instead. I could understand processing delays before making a decision, but can't understand delays because of the oath ceremony.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I'm going to ask them why the hell they can't just cancel the ceremony and allow notarized oaths instead. I could understand processing delays before making a decision, but can't understand delays because of the oath ceremony.
They are above the law and would do as they please.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Oath is the one thing that could have been cleared this summer. I suggested they use open public spaces for in-person oath ceremony to clear 300-500 applicants each event. Now the summer is ending, and this no longer can be done. Slow adaptation to a stagnation point from IRCC. I am afraid their expectation for processing times up to 4 years becoming more and more a reality.

Reactions: Omegabyte