+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

yasmin123456

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Wondering if anyone has any updates on applications from Kitchener, Ontario? I submitted my application Nov 15, 2019. I received the message that my application was in process Feb 28, 2020. Since then, I have received no further updates. Are most Nov applicants in the same boat or just Kitchener-Waterloo?
I'm in Kitchener (Nov applicant), my application is in process since 09-FEB-2020 and still no test invite, called CIC and they said it is still in process and I have to wait

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
@Anford this is for sure not fair. That being said, it's nice to know they are changing, and the pandemic has brought in that change. The big question, why couldn't they have gone online a long time ago. Waiting for 12 months in the pre pandemic time, itself seemed rather ridiculous.

Honestly, if this is not addressed in a larger scale, it won't get fixed. To take valuable and stretched resources to work on applications from 2020 while 2019 applications lie stacked somewhere, is not clearly not fair. It's high time, they get working on the backlog.

It was the same when the express entry immigration was introduced. A lot of folks who waited for over 2 years and more in some cases, were outsmarted by those who used the express entry system .

Citizenship applications shouldn't ideally take 12 months. Our friendly neighbour takes only 2 to 3 months and less. Wonder why we are working with snail mail. And having relied on paper applications is absurd.

I just called CIC for 49 minutes and heard nothing else than "covid"...."sorry"..."be patient"..."they last touched your application in July 2020"..."wait"...

The agent then sent me a feedback form which I just submitted with the following:

"Hi

I fully understand there is COVID however it can no longer be used as an excuse for your processing speed at Vancouver office. You've had my citizenship application for more than a year and Vancouver office hasn't done any work on it since 07/2020 while people who submitted online citizenship applications in 12/2020 are now receiving their online citizenship test and this whole situation is very, very unfair of CIC, especially Vancouver office which is one of the slowest in Canada in comparison to other CIC offices.

Please reconsider how you deal with online applications vs older paper applications.

You received my application on 12/2019, Acknowledge of Receipt was sent in 02/2020 and you started processing it in 03/2020 however I still haven't heard back. I have submitted multiple web forms and called multiple times however nothing has changed.

I'm sorry for this feedback form but this whole situation is seriously affecting my life and I need to resolve it soon.

Thank you"

The feedback form is here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx in case anybody else wants to fill it out.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I finished my interview today, and officer just asks me some personal information, and also mentioned that after interview, usually takes up to 6 weeks to get an oath. if not, need to call call center.
Did they check the translated stamps on your passport?

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
I called them today, and they told me that my application is with Scarborough office. I have been told that it is the slowest office with huge backlog.
Is there anyone with applications in Scarborough? Any experience?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I called them today, and they told me that my application is with Scarborough office. I have been told that it is the slowest office with huge backlog.
Is there anyone with applications in Scarborough? Any experience?
A lot of us are with Scarborough. They are quite slow in a sense compared to many other offices. It is very backlogged at the moment just like every other office.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
A lot of us are with Scarborough. They are quite slow in a sense compared to many other offices. It is very backlogged at the moment just like every other office.
when did you request urgent processing? want to understand how long it took to get the ack on urgent processing request.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
ok, thanks much. did you try to call them after submitting the webform to check if they successfully got the request? or just waited until got the ack?
I just waited. I did call after I received the email and the call centre agent was already able to see the urgent processing request being attached to my file.

Reactions: varlam

cAmAiR12

Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys, l got a question. My application is in process since july 2019 and l haven't received test invite yet. Are we allow to stay outside the country for more 4 months while our application is in process???