+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

FedPort

Jan 14, 2020
Sorry do you mind clarifying something for me? Did you submit any RCMP clearance documents with your application and that is what expired? Or did the CIC representative mean that once an application is received, the agent performs an RCMP clearance of the applicant and THAT internal clearance is what expired and so they have to do it again?

The reason I'm asking is because I never submitted any RCMP clearance documents with my citizenship application and so I am worried/confused (a pretty normal states these days lol).
Jas4rmny is correct. I remember submitting some biometricals (fingerprint) authorizing RCMP clearance. That's expired and need to be updated internally, between government agencies. There is no required involvement on my behalf for this problem (according to the officer at the phone).

Reactions: atazure

renee0219

Jan 15, 2020
My PR card will expire around June this year, and how would you guys think, would I need to renew a new one?

I finished my test Feb 15th, but I haven't received any new info so far.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
My PR card will expire around June this year, and how would you guys think, would I need to renew a new one?

I finished my test Feb 15th, but I haven't received any new info so far.
Unless you are planning to travel outside the country, there is no need to renew. PR status does not link to the validity of your PR card.

renee0219

Jan 15, 2020
Unless you are planning to travel outside the country, there is no need to renew. PR status does not link to the validity of your PR card.
Thank you for your opinion : ) I checked web and they mentioned that PR card still can renew expire in less than 9 months.

I hope I can get my citizenship in this year..

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you for your opinion : ) I checked web and they mentioned that PR card still can renew expire in less than 9 months.

I hope I can get my citizenship in this year..
You can renew at any time. Even if it's expired for like 2 years or even 20 years. As long as you are meeting the Residence Obligations (730 days in Canada in the past, rolling 5 years time), it doesn't really matter when you apply for a new one. PR card is only used for travelling outside of Canada and is not needed when you are here in Canada.

Again, your PR card expiry does not mean your PR status is expiring. They are not related. In my opinion, unless you need to travel, no need to renew. And you have passed your test! Which means oath invitation can come at any time.

-------------------
Advices from me are from my own experience and observations based on this forum.
You should never take them as legal advice for your immigration / application problems.
Every situation is unique, please contact IRCC if you encounter specific problems.

renee0219

Jan 15, 2020
You can renew at any time. Even if it's expired for like 2 years or even 20 years. As long as you are meeting the Residence Obligations (730 days in Canada in the past, rolling 5 years time), it doesn't really matter when you apply for a new one. PR card is only used for travelling outside of Canada and is not needed when you are here in Canada.

Again, your PR card expiry does not mean your PR status is expiring. They are not related. In my opinion, unless you need to travel, no need to renew. And you have passed your test! Which means oath invitation can come at any time.

-------------------
Advices from me are from my own experience and observations based on this forum.
You should never take them as legal advice for your immigration / application problems.
Every situation is unique, please contact IRCC if you encounter specific problems.
Your explanation is very clear and detailed, Thank you again~~~.

• Love
Reactions: BadGamer6

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

-------------------
I am in the same situation as renee0219, except I haven't done the exam yet, and this answer was helpful. But out of curiosity, how long does it take to renew my PR these days? It used to be 40 days before, I believe, but with this slow down in processing, I wonder how much longer it may take

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I am in the same situation as renee0219, except I haven't done the exam yet, and this answer was helpful. But out of curiosity, how long does it take to renew my PR these days? It used to be 40 days before, I believe, but with this slow down in processing, I wonder how much longer it may take
According to IRCC’s website, renewing right now is 87 days. The fastest I’ve seen before COVID was only less than 20 days. So really, no rush unless you need to travel. Or you can always apply as a safeguard.

Reactions: CaBeaver

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Got my citizenship test invite today at 11.39 AM

I am not in Canada at the moment and would like to postpone this for a date in June. Any suggestions?

Reactions: carol90