+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

FedPort

Jan 14, 2020
Just got out of the phone with a CIC representative. Long story short, my criminality clearance (RCMP) has expired and needs to be updated as it has expired after 1 year. This is an internal process and my application would not get an exam date until this clearance is updated and reviewed. So far, I was told there was no action needed on my behalf, just to keep waiting.

I'll write a feedback in a couple of weeks if I don't hear anything from them. Thank you all, adopted brothers and sisters, who have posted on this thread. Makes this waiting time a little bit less lonely.

Take care!

Victor,

yasmin123456

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Just got out of the phone with a CIC representative. Long story short, my criminality clearance (RCMP) has expired and needs to be updated as it has expired after 1 year. This is an internal process and my application would not get an exam date until this clearance is updated and reviewed. So far, I was told there was no action needed on my behalf, just to keep waiting.

I'll write a feedback in a couple of weeks if I don't hear anything from them. Thank you all, adopted brothers and sisters, who have posted on this thread. Makes this waiting time a little bit less lonely.

Take care!

Victor,
thanks for sharing, hope we all get our test invites soon

okemi

Jul 19, 2017
Hello,

Just passed the TEST with a perfect 20/20 score!

I highly recommend the DISCOVER CANADA App! Just signed up for 1 week access for $2!

Well worth it- did ALL Practice tests- 21 sets of 20 questions each.

Read the book 2x!

Any idea how long it will take for the oath invite?!

Thanks for all the help everyone!!! Today is a good day!

Office: Vancouver
App Received: Nov, 2019
In Process: Feb 2020
Test Invite: Feb , 2021
Test Date and Passing: Feb, 2021
App store has got couple of app. Please can you specify the app you downloaded?

atazure

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Take care!

Victor,
Sorry do you mind clarifying something for me? Did you submit any RCMP clearance documents with your application and that is what expired? Or did the CIC representative mean that once an application is received, the agent performs an RCMP clearance of the applicant and THAT internal clearance is what expired and so they have to do it again?

The reason I'm asking is because I never submitted any RCMP clearance documents with my citizenship application and so I am worried/confused (a pretty normal states these days lol).

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Most likely he is talking about biometric from rcmp that he submitted to cic which is only valid for one year. In some cases you have to submit in some you don’t .i had to submit biometric but friend didn’t have to because he was sponsored by his parents and I was refugee so it depends on every case..

Reactions: atazure

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
I am from Montreal got have done my test in January and the file moved to decision made on Jan 28th. But i think, after they closed the office :) . Since there has been no news after that for me. Past one month has been complete silence in Montreal

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I am from Montreal got have done my test in January and the file moved to decision made on Jan 28th. But i think, after they closed the office :) . Since there has been no news after that for me. Past one month has been complete silence in Montreal
Bonjour.
J'ai une question si vous permettez : Aviez vous déjà eu un rendez vous pour un test physique en personne en 2020, qui a été annulé... Puis vous aviez eu le rdv pour le test online ? ... Merci

anxioussubs

Feb 28, 2021
Hello Group,
Let me start with appreciating this group for keeping it live and sharing uptodate information about the process. Grateful to all active contributors.

I logged into today to look at status of my application. Status has been updated to 'Decision Made'. I didn't receive any mail yet. Also, I didn't receive any invitation for the citizenship test or interview.

When I look at the status description here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=ecas

It says one gets an invitation for a citizenship test when the application is 'in process' state and once we complete the test then the application is marked as 'Decision Made'. But I didn't take any test or got an invite. Does it mean they will be calling me directly for oath ceremony or my application might have been rejected?

Reactions: carol90

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Bonjour.
J'ai une question si vous permettez : Aviez vous déjà eu un rendez vous pour un test physique en personne en 2020, qui a été annulé... Puis vous aviez eu le rdv pour le test online ? ... Merci
Juste un petit commentaire: J'ai vu des candidats de Montréal qui ont été invités pour des tests en ligne sans tests annulés avant COVID (sur le forum et le 2019 tracker). Mais c'est simplement une observation. Mon test a été annulé en mars 2020, et vient de recevoir un test en ligne. IRCC est toujours en train de traiter des fichiers, mais très lentement et au hasard.

Reactions: piotrqc

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Juste un petit commentaire: J'ai vu des candidats de Montréal qui ont été invités pour des tests en ligne sans tests annulés avant COVID (sur le forum et le 2019 tracker). Mais c'est simplement une observation. Mon test a été annulé en mars 2020, et vient de recevoir un test en ligne. IRCC est toujours en train de traiter des fichiers, mais très lentement et au hasard.
Merci.

J'ai en effet remarqué la même chose... Ceux qui n'ont jamais eu de test physique annulé en 2020 reçoivent les invitations plus vite... Mon test a été annulé vers avril... Espérons que ce cauchemar se termine rapidement ...

Last edited:

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Merci.

J'ai en effet remarqué la même chose... Ceux qui n'ont jamais eu de test physique annulé en 2020 reçoivent les invitations plus vite... Mon test a été annulé vers avril... Espérons que ce cauchemar se termine rapidement ...
Je pense que vous recevrez bientôt votre invitation au test en ligne. Parce que si votre test a été annulé à cause de COVID, cela signifie que votre fichier était déjà au stade "prêt pour le test". Il ne vous reste plus qu'à attendre leur invitation, elle viendra à tout moment potentielle.

Reactions: piotrqc

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Hi, would you please share what you asked your MP specifically? How long did it take for the MP's office to get back to you with an answer? Thanks!
Hello, sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I called my MP's office, explained that I have been waiting over a year since AOR, and would appreciate their assistance in checking the status of my application. The person I spoke to sent me a pdf via email to fill out giving the MP and their representative authorization to check the status of my application. I sent it back immediately. 48 hours later they told me my app was in Edmonton, background checks completed, just waiting for my turn for test invite.

Reactions: yasmin123456

Soleil2015

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Hello Group,
Let me start with appreciating this group for keeping it live and sharing uptodate information about the process. Grateful to all active contributors.

I logged into today to look at status of my application. Status has been updated to 'Decision Made'. I didn't receive any mail yet. Also, I didn't receive any invitation for the citizenship test or interview.

When I look at the status description here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=ecas

It says one gets an invitation for a citizenship test when the application is 'in process' state and once we complete the test then the application is marked as 'Decision Made'. But I didn't take any test or got an invite. Does it mean they will be calling me directly for oath ceremony or my application might have been rejected?
If you are above 54 you don’t need to do the citizenship test so they can decide and change your status then invite you to the oath ceremony