+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
Thanks for sharing.

Just wondering which city are you from? Did you request your processing to be tagged as urgent? This is good news!
I didn't request urgency, nor got any of those paid updates to see where the process was at. I was taken by surprise by the email on Thursday, completely out of the blue. Also very thankful for the swift follow up from the CIC agent on Monday morning after the exam with the request, didn't expect them to validate the test results and move on so fast (when you complete the exam online they give you the result but say it's not official until they review it and you speak with the interviewer who will confirm it, but they say there it can take months).

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
I didn't request urgency, nor got any of those paid updates to see where the process was at. I was taken by surprise by the email on Thursday, completely out of the blue. Also very thankful for the swift follow up from the CIC agent on Monday morning after the exam with the request, didn't expect them to validate the test results and move on so fast (when you complete the exam online they give you the result but say it's not official until they review it and you speak with the interviewer who will confirm it, but they say there it can take months).
Wow! Good on you buddy!! Happy you got this done. Hope everyone gets their test notices soon!

Reactions: leoraf

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi folks,

Thought I'd share my updates, as this group has always been a great source of relief for my mental anxiety on immigration processes.

I got my online test invitation last Thursday Dec 10, took the exam on Saturday and passed it with 100% score. Today I got an email from them asking for a ton of documents to prove physical presence in Canada, and a form consenting to use MS Teams for the virtual ceremony.

I'm currently working on getting all those documents, one of which is a personal health claim summary that takes 30 days, so will be replying to the email with everything but that one as they only give you 30 days to respond, and will include the confirmation email that I requested that claim summary.

My rough process timeline was:

Application sent on Nov 28 2019
AOR Feb 17 2020
Processing on Feb 24 2020
Test invitation: Dec 10 2020
Test taken and passed: Dec 12 2020
Request for additional documents: Dec 14 2020

Hope this helps, and that you all get your process moving again soon.

Best wishes and good luck
Where you in Canada for straight 3 years or you were travelling a lot? Or are you self employed? Just thinking why they gave you tons of documents to prove your physical presence. Thanks for sharing your timeline :)

Reactions: JHT

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi, There wasn't any form, other than the one about MS Teams. The full request for physical presence documentation was in the body of the email. I don't know if that is good or bad, I wasn't aware there was that step in the process, thought the follow up to the exam was the interview. One thing in the email that gave me some hope that it was a good sign was the MS Teams forms where they say it's to book the virtual ceremony. I don't think they'd send that at this point if there were any red flags, but fingers crossed.
I'm thinking this RFI could be in lieu of an interview to speed up the process. But who knows...

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Hi, There wasn't any form, other than the one about MS Teams. The full request for physical presence documentation was in the body of the email. I don't know if that is good or bad, I wasn't aware there was that step in the process, thought the follow up to the exam was the interview. One thing in the email that gave me some hope that it was a good sign was the MS Teams forms where they say it's to book the virtual ceremony. I don't think they'd send that at this point if there were any red flags, but fingers crossed.
Hello - looks like you are getting through the process - can you share which documents they requested ?

Last edited:

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
Where you in Canada for straight 3 years or you were travelling a lot? Or are you self employed? Just thinking why they gave you tons of documents to prove your physical presence. Thanks for sharing your timeline :)
I'm assuming it's their standard request to prove what you declared when you applied. The CIC agent already responded booking the interview. I think I was lucky I got such an efficient agent.

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
I'm thinking this RFI could be in lieu of an interview to speed up the process. But who knows...
I don't know, maybe it's a new standard they implemented with COVID, no idea. The interview still seems mandatory as they emailed me to book it.

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
Hello - looks like you are getting through the process - can you share which documents they requested ?
I think it's relative to what you declared in your physical presence calculator, you have to provide official documents proving it.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I don't know, maybe it's a new standard they implemented with COVID, no idea. The interview still seems mandatory as they emailed me to book it.
I think interview is not mandatory. Few other folks gave the oath without interview after the test.

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
Hi folks,

Thought I'd share my updates, as this group has always been a great source of relief for my mental anxiety on immigration processes.

I got my online test invitation last Thursday Dec 10, took the exam on Saturday and passed it with 100% score. Today I got an email from them asking for a ton of documents to prove physical presence in Canada, and a form consenting to use MS Teams for the virtual ceremony.

I'm currently working on getting all those documents, one of which is a personal health claim summary that takes 30 days, so will be replying to the email with everything but that one as they only give you 30 days to respond, and will include the confirmation email that I requested that claim summary.

AOR Feb 17 2020

Congratulations Leoraf. Quick question, do you eat any dietary food? Just trying to understand IRCC's basis of selection.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi folks,

AOR Feb 17 2020

Guys, can you tell what other document to provide since I have lost few payslips from my old job that I did more than 3.5 years ago in Canada ?

Also, what can I provide in place of rental agreement as my land lady didn't do any rental agreement with me ?
However, she was providing me with every month rent payment confirmation receipt. Do you think this will be enough to prove my rental contract ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Guys, can you tell what other document to provide since I have lost few payslips from my old job that I did more than 3.5 years ago in Canada ?

Also, what can I provide in place of rental agreement as my land lady didn't do any rental agreement with me ?
However, she was providing me with every month rent payment confirmation receipt. Do you think this will be enough to prove my rental contract ?
I too want to know on these.

For me:
Employment: It would be tedious for submitting payslips. Yes i cant get it for previous employer. So i am thinking that they should be ok if we get past employer's experience letter and one letter from current employer.
Rental: I have rental agreement but its kind of old and only for one year till 2017. Not sure how this will be enough to prove rest of the years in the same place since my apartment office doesnt renew the lease but allow me to stay. I lost the yearly receipts/letters somewhere hence thinking i am left with getting one letter to cover all duration along with agreement copy.

ajay1979

May 28, 2019
New update No.5

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 10, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 14, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on December 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
My status got updated this morning No. 5 New update and i have not received any email .

What should expect CIC need more paper work ?

;) Looking forward for input ?