+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I too want to know on these.

For me:
Employment: It would be tedious for submitting payslips. Yes i cant get it for previous employer. So i am thinking that they should be ok if we get past employer's experience letter and one letter from current employer.
Rental: I have rental agreement but its kind of old and only for one year till 2017. Not sure how this will be enough to prove rest of the years in the same place since my apartment office doesnt renew the lease but allow me to stay. I lost the yearly receipts/letters somewhere hence thinking i am left with getting one letter to cover all duration along with agreement copy.
Are they asking for additional documents for all online-test people? is it a new process change?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Are they asking for additional documents for all online-test people? is it a new process change?
Seems like it for the last few test finished candidates. We are still watching the upcoming test invited candidates.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
New update No.5

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 10, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 14, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on December 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
My status got updated this morning No. 5 New update and i have not received any email .

What should expect CIC need more paper work ?

;) Looking forward for input ?
Was it finger print for #4?
Nowadays additional line is not appearing for test invited candidates(before receiving test invite). So possibly this would be fingerprint(rarely the additional document request). I expect the email to be there already as they are not mailing as far as i noticed.

ajay1979

May 28, 2019
Was it finger print for #4?
Nowadays additional line is not appearing for test invited candidates(before receiving test invite). So possibly this would be fingerprint(rarely the additional document request). I expect the email to be there already as they are not mailing as far as i noticed.
No 4 . I had my finger print done on 27 februruy 2020 .

NO. 5 not sure will wait for email .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No 4 . I had my finger print done on 27 februruy 2020 .

NO. 5 not sure will wait for email .
5. Yes i believe that fingerprint(records) wont expire till 1 year hence its not yet 1 year over. So possibly something else. Correct.

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
Congratulations Leoraf. Quick question, do you eat any dietary food? Just trying to understand IRCC's basis of selection.
I think it's one of the multiple ways they're trying to have you prove you were here physically. If you went to the doctors here, then you were here for some period of time.

Reactions: Sam7707

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
I too want to know on these.

For me:
Employment: It would be tedious for submitting payslips. Yes i cant get it for previous employer. So i am thinking that they should be ok if we get past employer's experience letter and one letter from current employer.
Rental: I have rental agreement but its kind of old and only for one year till 2017. Not sure how this will be enough to prove rest of the years in the same place since my apartment office doesnt renew the lease but allow me to stay. I lost the yearly receipts/letters somewhere hence thinking i am left with getting one letter to cover all duration along with agreement copy.
For employment I provided employment verification letters and 1 payslip for one I didn't have a letter. For rental I provided my on-going contract from 4 years ago. They were all accepted by the CIC officer.

One catch with the documents is that they have to be all PDFs, sent as a reply to their email, and the whole thing has to be under 5mb. So I had to spend a lot of time downsizing images (specially the passport photos that they ask of each and every page, and I've had 2 passports recently, so a lot of pictures).

If you want to speed up your process for when you get your test, you can start gathering the docs I mentioned above, plus the health spending summary available from your provincial health system.

Btw, I never had to do fingerprints for the citizenship process, so it seems everyone may go through things a little differently.

Good luck, folks. Stay positive!

leoraf

Sep 20, 2016
oh ok. Thanks. Its such a waste of time to ask for all documents again. Seems like a tactic to buy more time to lengthen the process.
I don't think they're doing that. My CIC officer has been super fast and helpful in our communications, more than with any of my other previous processes. I can only hope you all get someone as efficient.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
For employment I provided employment verification letters and 1 payslip for one I didn't have a letter. For rental I provided my on-going contract from 4 years ago. They were all accepted by the CIC officer.

One catch with the documents is that they have to be all PDFs, sent as a reply to their email, and the whole thing has to be under 5mb. So I had to spend a lot of time downsizing images (specially the passport photos that they ask of each and every page, and I've had 2 passports recently, so a lot of pictures).

If you want to speed up your process for when you get your test, you can start gathering the docs I mentioned above, plus the health spending summary available from your provincial health system.

Btw, I never had to do fingerprints for the citizenship process, so it seems everyone may go through things a little differently.

Thanks. Yes it seems that they are asking these documents for all test invitees.

Health summary has been requested which will come in Jan/Feb.

5MB:
Thanks for the small but important note. Seems now the challenge is to bring down the file size to 5MB. Any tool you used?
I have around 16+4+36+36+3+32+55+claims pages. The ones i scanned are huge. I tried with some online tools but not reducing more than 60%. Seems that i need to rescan to see if i can get it reduced and then compress.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015

Do you think if I provide Rental Payment Confirmation Receipts will they be accepted ?

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
@harirajmohan @rafzy
I am also planning to apply for the provincial health summary but couldn't find any concrete info on how to get that in BC.
I would be grateful if someone can point me to the place where I can get that.

Further, It seems a tedious task to bring the size under 5MB for plenty of records. I will have 2 passports, passport stamp translations, health summary, current rental lease, and monthly rental receipts from my previous landlord, part-time employment slips, full-time self-employment records, boarding passes to prove my travel dates, etc.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@harirajmohan @rafzy
I am also planning to apply for the provincial health summary but couldn't find any concrete info on how to get that in BC.
I would be grateful if someone can point me to the place where I can get that.

Further, It seems a tedious task to bring the size under 5MB for plenty of records. I will have 2 passports, passport stamp translations, health summary, current rental lease, and monthly rental receipts from my previous landlord, part-time employment slips, full-time self-employment records, boarding passes to prove my travel dates, etc.
They are not asking "boarding passes to prove my travel dates". Dont send the ones they have not asked as the size is limited.
You should try for yearly rental receipts rather than monthly. May be the rental letter with agreement should be fine instead of monthly receipts.

To get 5MB size file:
Passport: Try to scan with low resolution(75 to 100 dpi) images. Then put all the images in word document. Then print that word document to a pdf which redcuces 40-50% further.
Other docs: Scan with low resolution(like 100 to 150 dpi) pdf. I am still researching on scanning documents as its not reducing like the above passport pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: keypad

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
They are not asking "boarding passes to prove my travel dates". Dont send the ones they have not asked as the size is limited.
You should try for yearly rental receipts rather than monthly. May be the rental letter with agreement should be fine instead of monthly receipts.

To get 5MB size file:
Passport: Try to scan with low resolution(75 to 100 dpi) images. Then put all the images in word document. Then print that word document to a pdf which redcuces 40-50% further.
Other docs: Scan with low resolution(like 100 to 150 dpi) pdf.
Thanks for the reply @harirajmohan
The thing is I don't have yearly rental receipts for my previous landlord. There was no agreement and only got monthly receipts signed at the time of payments. That was a private home, not like an apartment building. I can provide the lease copy for the current one though.

Also, can I take photos of the document from my mobile camera and then use them to create PDF? I can use camScanner app for the mobile if that is good for the IRCC. I am asking this because I don't have any scanner with me OR do I need to buy one?

Lastly, if someone can give info on how to get health summary in BC will be helpful.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply @harirajmohan
The thing is I don't have yearly rental receipts for my previous landlord. There was no agreement and only got monthly receipts signed at the time of payments. That was a private home, not like an apartment building. I can provide the lease copy for the current one though.

Also, can I take photos of the document from my mobile camera and then use them to create PDF? I can use camScanner app for the mobile if that is good for the IRCC. I am asking this because I don't have any scanner with me OR do I need to buy one?

Lastly, if someone can give info on how to get health summary in BC will be helpful.
Check this out
https://dialalaw.peopleslawschool.ca/getting-your-medical-records/

Under your medical records hold by your doctor.

Reactions: keypad