+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

PAUL MSD

Jan 11, 2017
I have a question friends ... If we passed the exam and then we can travel outside Canada before we take the oath? or we can take the oath outside canada?

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I have a question friends ... If we passed the exam and then we can travel outside Canada before we take the oath? or we can take the oath outside canada?
You have to be in Canada for Oath as well

Reactions: PAUL MSD

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, you can travel but you CANNOT take the oath outside Canada. You have to be inside Canada for both the test and oath.

PS : You'll have to cut your PR card on video after taking the oath.

Reactions: PAUL MSD

PAUL MSD

Jan 11, 2017
Yes, you can travel but you CANNOT take the oath outside Canada. You have to be inside Canada for both the test and oath.

PS : You'll have to cut your PR card on video after taking the oath.
so once i finished the exam i can travel and come back and take the oath right ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
so once i finished the exam i can travel and come back and take the oath right ?
Yes but keep in mind this might become extremely expensive.

If you get your oath invite within a couple of weeks or so, you'll NOT be able come back if there are quarantine restrictions in the place you are visiting. If you have to come back to Canada, you'll be COVID tested and there is a mandatory hotel stay for about 3 days that will cost you $2000.

I would NOT recommend traveling outside until you are done with your oath unless it is absolutely necessary (like an emergency).

PAUL MSD

Jan 11, 2017
Yes but keep in mind this might become extremely expensive.

If you get your oath invite within a couple of weeks or so, you'll NOT be able come back if there are quarantine restrictions in the place you are visiting. If you have to come back to Canada, you'll be COVID tested and there is a mandatory hotel stay for about 3 days that will cost you $2000.

I would NOT recommend traveling outside until you are done with your oath unless it is absolutely necessary (like an emergency).
so i am planning to go on march 2 week and come back on april 3rd. yes its an emergency kind of surgery for my wife in India and then when i am doing the quarantine i can do the oath. but the oath ceremony date we can change? or extend?

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
We got an update today :) Both me and my mom's ECAS are showing Decision Made . I have a question. She applied for PR Card Renewal thinking the citizenship approval will take longer and she might need to go to the Philippines for emergency . she just got Decision Made on that too. What will happen if her new PR card arrived after our oath taking? Thank you

Reactions: his*marty

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
We got an update today :) Both me and my mom's ECAS are showing Decision Made . I have a question. She applied for PR Card Renewal thinking the citizenship approval will take longer and she might need to go to the Philippines for emergency . she just got Decision Made on that too. What will happen if her new PR card arrived after our oath taking? Thank you
She wouldn't be able to use it if it arrives after the ceremony. She would just need to destroy it and wait for her new passport. Although if it arrives earlier than the ceremony I see no trouble traveling with the new card

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
She wouldn't be able to use it if it arrives after the ceremony. She would just need to destroy it and wait for her new passport. Although if it arrives earlier than the ceremony I see no trouble traveling with the new card
She will not travel and she will just wait after we get the canadian passport. I heard that during oath taking the Officer will ask us to destroy the PR cards. Do we just inform them that she did a PR Card renewal and it might arrive after our virtual oath? Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
But I heard the citizenship certificate after the oath may take weeks. What if one wanted to go outside Canada for an emergency during the time between the oath and getting the passport?
Emergency or not, you can't take the test outside of Canada per the instructions from IRCC. If you have to go out and you can't be in the country when you are called for oath, the only option is to reschedule the oath AFAIK.

The time taken for oath invite differs - some people get it in a few days, for others it takes weeks. If you get the request soon after passing the test and you aren't in the country, you have to reschedule.

Yes, the citizenship certificate is mailed to the address on the application AFAIK. You would need the citizenship certificate in order to apply for a Canadian passport. There are delays now in passport application as well. Some people have received it in like 2 weeks from oath.

If someone gets stuck outside before or after oath, it is going to be problematic because of having to cut the PR card. You can't apply for PRTD after oath because you are not a Permanent Resident anymore. The only way to get back to Canada is to wait for the citizenship certificate, apply for a Canadian passport and then come back to Canada.

On the contrary, if you had the citizenship certificate in hand, you could potentially apply for passport urgently and then travel using that.

Reactions: CaBeaver

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
A questions. What happens to kids application because mine moved to DM, but my kids application status still shows In Process. Does it move? Or it will not?