+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I'm going to apply online.. idgaf since they seem to have forgotten about my paper application. Their officers handling online applications are likely going through those applications quicker than the ones handling the paper apps. I don't think it's advisable for me to do so, but I hate this sense of being out of control, and I'm not paying twice. I'm uploading the same receipt from the previous payment. There should be ZERO reasons for persons applying after us to get through before us. and I'm a single applicant.
cool let me know if they accept the receipt. I was told on the phone not to put multiple applications also I have to pay again.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I'm going to apply online.. idgaf since they seem to have forgotten about my paper application. Their officers handling online applications are likely going through those applications quicker than the ones handling the paper apps. I don't think it's advisable for me to do so, but I hate this sense of being out of control, and I'm not paying twice. I'm uploading the same receipt from the previous payment. There should be ZERO reasons for persons applying after us to get through before us. and I'm a single applicant.
If your paper file already went to "In Progress", the fee that you paid would have already been applied to your paper application and your online application will be refused because of this reason.

Reactions: luvtrump

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
If your paper file already went to "In Progress", the fee that you paid would have already been applied to your paper application and your online application will be refused because of this reason.

What happens when there is a double application? What happens if by chance they get to the first turn before the second? ... Literature above, texts on the ircc site, testimonials?

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
As per the below link we shouldn't submit again via online:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

"A new online citizenship application (e-app) is now available for some randomly selected applicants.

We

If you’ve already applied on paper, do not apply online."

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What happens when there is a double application? What happens if by chance they get to the first turn before the second? ... Literature above, texts on the ircc site, testimonials?
There is no "by chance" if you already received AOR and In-Progress status on your first application. Its basically commonsense.

IRCC will have used the payment for the first application. When they try to apply the same payment for your second application, the processing officer would see an error message on their screen telling them that the fee has already been used. This makes the application incomplete so it'll be returned back to the applicant.

There is some information about how IRCC handles multiple applications in the page below but there is no explicit mention of using the same fee for both applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

However, commonsense would dictate that if a fee receipt has already been used, it can't be used again. Think of it like a one-time use gift voucher or a gift card. You went to a store and you purchased something and used the one-time use gift card for payment. Now, you go in the store again a few days later and then you try to use the same gift card - what happens? The cashier is going to tell you that the gift card has already been redeemed / used and it can't be used again. Same thing.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
There is no "by chance" if you already received AOR and In-Progress status on your first application. Its basically commonsense.

IRCC will have used the payment for the first application. When they try to apply the same payment for your second application, the processing officer would see an error message on their screen telling them that the fee has already been used. This makes the application incomplete so it'll be returned back to the applicant.

There is some information about how IRCC handles multiple applications in the page below but there is no explicit mention of using the same fee for both applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

However, commonsense would dictate that if a fee receipt has already been used, it can't be used again. Think of it like a one-time use gift voucher or a gift card. You went to a store and you purchased something and used the one-time use gift card for payment. Now, you go in the store again a few days later and then you try to use the same gift card - what happens? The cashier is going to tell you that the gift card has already been redeemed / used and it can't be used again. Same thing.

Thank you for your answer ... But you misunderstood me ... The payment side is secondary for me, I would pay the costs a second time. My question focuses on doubling the candidatures. How will ircc handle the request? , and what will happen if by some miracle the initial paper request is reactivated at the same time or a little before? ...

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
I am waiting for my oath from Scarborough office. What day of week they give you for oath? Is it possible to get it for Saturday or Sunday ? My application tracker shows everything complete expect ceremony which shows “not started”. On old webpage shows decision made but nothing else. Is it positive decision?Last update was July 5 since then have not received any email? Lastly how long is oath ceremony duration and start time?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Thank you for your answer ... But you misunderstood me ... The payment side is secondary for me, I would pay the costs a second time. My question focuses on doubling the candidatures. How will ircc handle the request? , and what will happen if by some miracle the initial paper request is reactivated at the same time or a little before? ...
My guess is that either paper or online, the applicant information must be entered into GCMS system so that an agent can work on it. The primary key could be your UCI number. If they detect two applications under same UCI, then it will generate new application number, and show both applications under the UCI#.

So when the agent logs into GCMS using their credentials, then it might show all UCI# numbers that are assigned to them. Under each UCI, it will show the application number/actual application. if anyone applies two times, then it will show two applications under same UCI# (Just a guess)

Based on that the agent could see both applications and might put both on hold and ask you why you submitted two applications (or) they might choose old one to continue. (or) they might ask you which one you want them to work on and ignore the other one.

These all are my guess work based on IT and take with a grain of salt. :) Who knows they might pick up 2019 very soon. In any case, it makes sense to just wait. I know it is pain, but it is what it is. Good luck!

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
My guess is that either paper or online, the applicant information must be entered into GCMS system so that an agent can work on it. The primary key could be your UCI number. If they detect two applications under same UCI, then it will generate new application number, and show both applications under the UCI#.

So when the agent logs into GCMS using their credentials, then it might show all UCI# numbers that are assigned to them. Under each UCI, it will show the application number/actual application. if anyone applies two times, then it will show two applications under same UCI# (Just a guess)

Based on that the agent could see both applications and might put both on hold and ask you why you submitted two applications (or) they might choose old one to continue. (or) they might ask you which one you want them to work on and ignore the other one.

These all are my guess work based on IT and take with a grain of salt. :) Who knows they might pick up 2019 very soon. In any case, it makes sense to just wait. I know it is pain, but it is what it is. Good luck!
I am starting to take Pain killers and im requesting the pharmacy to send the bill at IRCC Montreal address.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How will the 'confusion' be handled?

The procedures for dealing with multiple applications (with different fee receipts) is here.

Looks like the applicant might be given a chance to confirm which applicant he or she wishes to move forward.

Reactions: piotrqc

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have a question: my PR card expires next month. I did the citizenship test around 10 weeks ago and updated to "completed", and nothing has happened since then. I was hoping to get my citizenship by Nov this year or even before when I did the test as I thought maybe things were started to pick speed, so I didn't send an application to renew my PR card. But now I am thinking to apply for PR renewal, because I am pessimistic regarding my citizenship application with this extremely slow pace, and I may have to travel later this year with a proof for the reason to travel. Normal processing to renew PR cards takes more than 3 months from what I see in these forums although IRCC claims it take 92 days based on previous statistics, but I am not sure how long it takes for urgent processing. My questions are

• Is it better to apply now for renewing my PR card now, or wait until I have a proof and apply for urgent processing?
  • How long does it take to renew my PR card in case of urgent processing? They are vague (as usual) regarding this. They say you must be traveling within the next three months with a proof. Does it mean it may take up to three months even for urgent processing?

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question: my PR card expires next month. I did the citizenship test around 10 weeks ago and updated to "completed", and nothing has happened since then. I was hoping to get my citizenship by Nov this year or even before when I did the test as I thought maybe things were started to pick speed, so I didn't send an application to renew my PR card. But now I am thinking to apply for PR renewal, because I am pessimistic regarding my citizenship application with this extremely slow pace, and I may have to travel later this year with a proof for the reason to travel. Normal processing to renew PR cards takes more than 3 months from what I see in these forums although IRCC claims it take 92 days based on previous statistics, but I am not sure how long it takes for urgent processing. My questions are

• Is it better to apply now for renewing my PR card now, or wait until I have a proof and apply for urgent processing?
  • How long does it take to renew my PR card in case of urgent processing? They are vague (as usual) regarding this. They say you must be traveling within the next three months with a proof. Does it mean it may take up to three months even for urgent processing?
Apply for PR card now and then once you have evidence, send it via webform and request urgent processing.

Reactions: CaBeaver