+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Hellocanada2525

Nov 28, 2020
The form is the same, however when you go in person you will provide all the documents and thee information will be entered at the counter upon verification and the SIn will be generated then and there itself.
@legalfalcon thanks very much! So would you advise to better fill the form and have it ready, just to save time! Except for the date and sign fields at the bottom. So we can fill those two fields right infront of them! Please let me know!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks very much! So would you advise to better fill the form and have it ready, just to save time! Except for the date and sign fields at the bottom. So we can fill those two fields right infront of them! Please let me know!

As I informed you, when you physically go to Service Canada, you will not need any form. You can carry a filed one with you if you want.

Usually when you go in person, the person at the counter will enter your details in the system, you will not be asked to fill in any forms. Also, your signatures if required will be done digitally.

idicvulcan

Mar 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi guys!
Two questions (finally have updates!):
1. This morning my background check changed from in progress to not applicable after 2 years of process (EE - FSW-O). What does this mean?
2. My US passport had my biometric sticker on the back from IRCC. I just had to send that passport to the DoS for renewal. Should I transfer the sticker to the back of my new passport, or does that not matter?

Thanks!
Ben
Hi @legalfalcon ! Happy New Year :) Wanted to see if you had any thoughts on these items?
Thank you so much in advance!

magicspell

Apr 5, 2021
Hi Folks,

I received a request for re medical with my medical report form today, however I didn't receive the same for my dependent, should my dependent get the remedical now or should I wait unit I get his medical report form?

AOR Nov 12, 2019

kkaur13

Mar 17, 2020
@legalfalcon hi sir, can you please help me with a simple question?
I received remedical request on 30th November,2021 and did medicals on 14th December,2021 , then i received medical request for my dependant spouse whom i just added in my application on 10th December,2021 and he completed his medicals on 25th December, 2021
Yesterday, my status of medicals changed from 'we requested a medical exam' to 'you passed the medical exam on 31st December,2021'
I just want to know, is this status update just for me or both of us?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi sir, can you please help me with a simple question?
I received remedical request on 30th November,2021 and did medicals on 14th December,2021 , then i received medical request for my dependant spouse whom i just added in my application on 10th December,2021 and he completed his medicals on 25th December, 2021
Yesterday, my status of medicals changed from 'we requested a medical exam' to 'you passed the medical exam on 31st December,2021'
I just want to know, is this status update just for me or both of us?
Most likely for both of you.

Reactions: kkaur13

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ! Happy New Year :) Wanted to see if you had any thoughts on these items?
Thank you so much in advance!

BGC refers to criminality, security and info sharing. BGC status will change twice during the processing. Usually, the first change will indicate criminality passed, which happens early in the processing and then it will go back to N/A. Then it changes to in-progress again later in the processing usually after eligibility is passed when the security screening starts. See https://bit.ly/3JA6bFR

2. It does not matter.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
BGC refers to criminality, security and info sharing. BGC status will change twice during the processing. Usually, the first change will indicate criminality passed, which happens early in the processing and then it will go back to N/A. Then it changes to in-progress again later in the processing usually after eligibility is passed when the security screening starts. See https://bit.ly/3JA6bFR

2. It does not matter.
@legalfalcon

1. I sent IRCC requested documents for adding spouse to application. They reviewed documents and changedapplication status (we got a ghost update). Does the security check start now for added spouse? Will this security check also take 110 days for my spouse? (Refering to the average time)

2. Does biometrics have any implication on security check?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

1. I sent IRCC requested documents for adding spouse to application. They reviewed documents and changedapplication status (we got a ghost update). Does the security check start now for added spouse? Will this security check also take 110 days for my spouse? (Refering to the average time)

2. Does biometrics have any implication on security check?

1. If your eligibility is passed, then the security check will happen from both the PA and spouse. If eligibility is not yet passed, then SS will only start after it is passed. The avg processing time for SS is 110 as per the manual available at https://bit.ly/3JA6bFR

2. Biometrics is used for criminality which is a part of BGC. All applicants have to provide biometrics, and the biometrics are used for RCMP criminality checks.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
1. If your eligibility is passed, then the security check will happen from both the PA and spouse. If eligibility is not yet passed, then SS will only start after it is passed. The avg processing time for SS is 110 as per the manual available at https://bit.ly/3JA6bFR

2. Biometrics is used for criminality which is a part of BGC. All applicants have to provide biometrics, and the biometrics are used for RCMP criminality checks.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html
1. We believe that the eligibility check was done in December 16th. With the backlogs and eveything has the 110days been reduced or increased in your opinion? With no criminal record and no res flags our security check should be straight forward.

2. Being honest it is disheartening to think we could be waiting another 4 months to get a passport request, especially when all that is left is security check and biometrics for my spouse.

3. Has the SS or SC process been automated since this manual was released?

4. When is the biometrics letter sent for a spouse addition? Is this done by an immigration officer or a case processing officer?

@legalfalcon

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
1. We believe that the eligibility check was done in December 16th. With the backlogs and eveything has the 110days been reduced or increased in your opinion? With no criminal record and no res flags our security check should be straight forward.

2. Being honest it is disheartening to think we could be waiting another 4 months to get a passport request, especially when all that is left is security check and biometrics for my spouse.

3. Has the SS or SC process been automated since this manual was released?

4. When is the biometrics letter sent for a spouse addition? Is this done by an immigration officer or a case processing officer?

@legalfalcon

IRCC does not release any details on how SS is done or how long it takes. It is based on the individual application, and some applications are processed fairly quickly, while others take more time.

Reactions: Johnjacobb

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
IRCC does not release any details on how SS is done or how long it takes. It is based on the individual application, and some applications are processed fairly quickly, while others take more time.
Thanks for your help! Fingers crossed we get good news soon :)

Happy New Year to you, your team and families

Reactions: allencc1989

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hello all,
I have received a document request from IRCC on 30th December after a year of total silence. This is in regards to the addition of my spouse to my application.

Some details about the request are unclear due to the way the document is phrased. I am attaching a screenshot of the requested documents for your reference.

I had a few questions about this.
1. About the passport, am I required to submit both (primary applicant and spouse) of our passports?
2. Is it necessary to submit all the pages of the passport or only those with stamps and visas on them?
3. About the travel history am I required to submit this for both of us?

This communication has been received in my IRCC account so I can assure you that it is official. One more thing that I would like to mention is that my (primary applicant) file has an approved status, having already been sent a PPR in November 2020 which I could not act on because my spouse was not added.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Hasrat123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Last month on 26 nov i recvd remedical req and today i recved new update that we need additional docyments and we wll send message for same .. bt no message is recved . What shud i do now