+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
I really hope this news about CoPR holders being able to travel to Canada will result in some movement for us. I am so mad for all the waiting.

My application was approved on March 20, 2020... Two days after the general lockdown and travel ban. I lived in Canada for all of 2020, and no CoPR for me. I moved back to Europe and still no CoPR.

Now everything is "green", travel ban between the EU and Canada has been lifted. Will I receive my damn document!?

Sorry guys, I am just venting.

I, WE, spent thousands of dollars for a country that has forgotten about us. They just don't care and yet keep issuing new invitations. I am not even sure it is still worth it. I found a job, restarted my life after Covid, and so on. If I received my PR today, I am not sure I would have the energy and the willingness to leave my job again and move to Canada with no perspectives.

Sorry for the rant.
I feel you. Mine was approved 3 days after lockdown as well. No update since. It’s so frustrating.

Reactions: Olu.wa.se.un

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I really hope this news about CoPR holders being able to travel to Canada will result in some movement for us. I am so mad for all the waiting.

My application was approved on March 20, 2020... Two days after the general lockdown and travel ban. I lived in Canada for all of 2020, and no CoPR for me. I moved back to Europe and still no CoPR.

Now everything is "green", travel ban between the EU and Canada has been lifted. Will I receive my damn document!?

Sorry guys, I am just venting.

I, WE, spent thousands of dollars for a country that has forgotten about us. They just don't care and yet keep issuing new invitations. I am not even sure it is still worth it. I found a job, restarted my life after Covid, and so on. If I received my PR today, I am not sure I would have the energy and the willingness to leave my job again and move to Canada with no perspectives.

Sorry for the rant.
Don't feel sorry because we have not done anything wrong.
But If I were you (or if I could move to Europe) I'd stay — better view better food :D

pIVOTAL

Feb 12, 2021
I am an FST-inland applicant with Nov 2019 AOR.
My file has not been touched since Jan 2020.
Now I consider as an option the withdrawal of the present file and plan to get another invitation under CEC.
I know that I cannot have two profiles at the same time.

My question is that whether it is okay to remain the present FST application as it is until I get another ITA.
Is the application in process considered a profile?

Thank you in advance.

kevinstu123

Jan 14, 2021
hi @legalfalcon,
I have an approved PR app as of Feb-18, 2021. Haven't landed yet; still in USA.
How to add my newborn to the app? I do want her to be PR as well; while we are at it.
Newborn is citizen of USA. The feds here are taking their time to issue Birth Certificate. And then passport; of course.
We intend to land, apply for SIN card, DL and then return to USA within a month or so. So will need the passport of newborn to be issued so we can return, once US Feds lift travel restrictions.
Any idea how to go about this? Appreciate advice in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon,
I have an approved PR app as of Feb-18, 2021. Haven't landed yet; still in USA.
How to add my newborn to the app? I do want her to be PR as well; while we are at it.
Newborn is citizen of USA. The feds here are taking their time to issue Birth Certificate. And then passport; of course.
We intend to land, apply for SIN card, DL and then return to USA within a month or so. So will need the passport of newborn to be issued so we can return, once US Feds lift travel restrictions.
Any idea how to go about this? Appreciate advice in advance.

You will have to inform IRCC via webform and submit the documents.

The birth certificate in the US are issued by the state and not the federal government.

If you ask your child to be added to your application, your COPR / PR visa will be invalidated, the application re-opened, and after your child is added and documents processed, you will be issued new COPRs.

SJ2019No

Oct 7, 2020
I am an FST-inland applicant with Nov 2019 AOR.
My file has not been touched since Jan 2020.
Now I consider as an option the withdrawal of the present file and plan to get another invitation under CEC.
I know that I cannot have two profiles at the same time.

My question is that whether it is okay to remain the present FST application as it is until I get another ITA.
Is the application in process considered a profile?

Thank you in advance.
I was thinking same things.
but when i think of submit all those documents again, I don't want to do that...

kevinstu123

Jan 14, 2021
You will have to inform IRCC via webform and submit the documents.

The birth certificate in the US are issued by the state and not the federal government.

If you ask your child to be added to your application, your COPR / PR visa will be invalidated, the application re-opened, and after your child is added and documents processed, you will be issued new COPRs.
Got you! Thanks @legalfalcon.
Just one clarification, if the existing CoPR is invalidated, will the whole app be re-evaluated? Asking as my age increased by 1 year since the app was submitted.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Got you! Thanks @legalfalcon.
Just one clarification, if the existing CoPR is invalidated, will the whole app be re-evaluated? Asking as my age increased by 1 year since the app was submitted.

The eligibility will not be re-evaluated, only the new new family members documents will be processed for medical admissibility.

As regards age, it is locked on the day you submit the application, see https://bit.ly/3jI75pt

totoro03

Dec 27, 2020
Has anyone been able to use the CIC web form? i cant find it anymore, I used to use it to write emails to CIC and they responded. Now I cant find the tool on their website. My AOR is Nov 2019... status is medical exam passed and nothing after that

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Reactions: totoro03
Jun 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I had received yet another GCMS notes which I requested a month back.

1. As per the Notes section, my file was Approved on 06th April 2020. However, I can see that a new Note entry has been added there on 04th May 2021 which is assigned to OSC - Operations Support Centre. The text part of that note is blank - not sure if its redacted or empty. What does that mean?

2. The Info Sharing section has been In-Progress from April 2020 until this latest GCMS notes. Is it something to be concerned about with respect to the delay in PPR mail?

Thank you so much in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I had received yet another GCMS notes which I requested a month back.

1. As per the Notes section, my file was Approved on 06th April 2020. However, I can see that a new Note entry has been added there on 04th May 2021 which is assigned to OSC - Operations Support Centre. The text part of that note is blank - not sure if its redacted or empty. What does that mean?

2. The Info Sharing section has been In-Progress from April 2020 until this latest GCMS notes. Is it something to be concerned about with respect to the delay in PPR mail?

Thank you so much in advance!

1. If any note is redacted, you will usually see a section number (s16 / s15) on the top right corner of the pages.

2. Info-sharing is done electronically and this is no requirement of any input from your end. In most cases, the delay is because even after the results are in it is not updated in the file.

Jun 21, 2020
1. If any note is redacted, you will usually see a section number (s16 / s15) on the top right corner of the pages.

2. Info-sharing is done electronically and this is no requirement of any input from your end. In most cases, the delay is because even after the results are in it is not updated in the file.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon. Looks like the latest Notes have been redacted as I can see s.16(1)(c) and s.15(1) on the top right corner which means it might be done so for “Law enforcement and investigations” and “International affairs and defense” respectively. The title of the sections itself looks scary.

I many not have any other option other than to wait for a communication from them.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much @legalfalcon. Looks like the latest Notes have been redacted as I can see s.16(1)(c) and s.15(1) on the top right corner which means it might be done so for “Law enforcement and investigations” and “International affairs and defense” respectively. The title of the sections itself looks scary.

I many not have any other option other than to wait for a communication from them.
Most GCMS notes have redactions under s15 / 16

See https://bit.ly/3qNTKgQ