Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
How can I do and submit re med upfront? Can someone help me here?
Dont do upfront medical .. because I did the same. My first medical was expired on 12 September 2020..I did upfront medical and sent to cic via web form . But they didn't consider the same. On January 18 I got re medical request . When I booked my medical from sps ludhiana ,they informed me that I was not eligible to re do medical as the previous one was not 6 months old. So they contacted RMO and linked my upfront medical to my file. Hence I passed my remedical in 22 January. But still waiting for PPR .. eagerly waiting ..

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I checked my profile today, and it said my profile has been updated. Logged into check and saw the following changes :

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
As far as I can remember all these have changed. Especially my Medicals said last " You passed the medicals, Dec 2019". Am not totally sure about the rest, but I guess they too said something different earlier. Anyways my application summary has changed to " we are processing your application and will let me know if they need anything" from the detailed one earlier.

Just an FYI, if anyone got the same, and anyone has any clue what this update might mean?

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I checked my profile today, and it said my profile has been updated. Logged into check and saw the following changes :

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
As far as I can remember all these have changed. Especially my Medicals said last " You passed the medicals, Dec 2019". Am not totally sure about the rest, but I guess they too said something different earlier. Anyways my application summary has changed to " we are processing your application and will let me know if they need anything" from the detailed one earlier.

Just an FYI, if anyone got the same, and anyone has any clue what this update might mean?
Review of Medical changes when a file is sent to a Regional medical officer for his assessment. It is at the discretion of the regional medical officer to decide if you need a re medical or grant you a medical extension.

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Review of Medical changes when a file is sent to a Regional medical officer for his assessment. It is at the discretion of the regional medical officer to decide if you need a re medical or grant you a medical extension.
I had already done an upfront medical on Feb 2021, as my medicals expired in Dec 2020. They confirmed that they received it in March. Maybe that's why it now changed to " You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes".

Shafaq_

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
If the final is blank, then a decision on your application has not been made. If you are an outland applicant, then many applications for outlander applicants have been put on hold since they are not exempt from the travel restrictions. IF a decision on your application is made, and a PPR / COPR issued, then the status of the application is closed.

However, if you are unable to travel before the cOPR expires, then an application has to be opened and a final review has to be done again, including extension medicals and in some cases security / criminality.

This is why many applications even if all stages are passed, a decision has not been made and they are open.
i am outlander and i got decision made in december 2020 on my ECAS but no update on gckey.and still waiting for ppr email . got 4 ghost update on gckey but nothing change its been 4 month still no reply from ircc still waiting for pr.Now i am worried .

Shafaq_

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Reading the thread from a few days, I felt really sad about a recent rejection. However, just wanted to share with you guys that I just received my second GCMS notes. My file status is open but my application was approved on 11/02/2020. The validity of COPR is till 05/30/2021, a day before my medical extension is due to expired. Just wanted to share this news. Though I am aware that due to border closure, I am not going to get PPR anytime soon but to be honest, they never told me on call that my file was approved and always said that it was in progress.
what about your ECAS status?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
i am outlander and i got decision made in december 2020 on my ECAS but no update on gckey.and still waiting for ppr email . got 4 ghost update on gckey but nothing change its been 4 month still no reply from ircc still waiting for pr.Now i am worried .
There is nothing to be concerned or worried about. Many applicants have all stages passed and the GCMS notes says approved, yet they are wait for a PPR. It is simply that the application has been put on hold. But lately IRCC has been sending PPRs to many outland applicants.

Reactions: Shafaq_

Shafaq_

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
There is nothing to be concerned or worried about. Many applicants have all stages passed and the GCMS notes says approved, yet they are wait for a PPR. It is simply that the application has been put on hold. But lately IRCC has been sending PPRs to many outland applicants.
Thanks

Reactions: legalfalcon

Pooja Yadav

Apr 10, 2020
Hello All,
I had requested GCMS notes in Dec 2020 and with a 90 days extension I received the notes today I am Nov 2019 AOR:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed.
Final:

I had been asked for re medical in Jan 2021 and that is also updated as Passed in Account.
So what is the security and when does that happen? How long would be the wait in the current circumstances do we have any hope?

Last edited:

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hello All,
I had requested GCMS notes in Dec 2020 and with a 90 days extension I received the notes today I am Nov 2016 AOR:
Security:
Final:

I had been asked for re medical in Jan 2021 and that is also updated as Passed in Account.
So what is the security and when does that happen? How long would be the wait in the current circumstances do we have any hope?
Nov 2016 AOR?
THAT'S FOUR YEARS PLUS.

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello All,
I had requested GCMS notes in Dec 2020 and with a 90 days extension I received the notes today I am Nov 2019 AOR:
Security:
Final:

If you have requested the GCMS notes from IRCC, it is likely that the status of you Security check is redacted, so you cannot accurately tell the state of the security check. You can have a look at the notes (in the last few pages) to see if some details pertaining to the security have been added.

anupthrayee

Apr 9, 2021
Hello All,

My application after signing in through GC Key shows as follows:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Please note this status hasn't changed since March 2020.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 16, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • December 16, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • March 31, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • January 2, 2020 Completed.
Background check
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm sure this has been discussed before on some threads. But I would like to clarify my exact status and see if there are more people on the same boat. On March 26th, 2021, I received an email from Sue Day requesting for a survey. The email also mentioned that "Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application".

Since I did not see any updates on the application, I just ignored that email. I received a follow-up reminder email from Sue Day again on April 5th requesting me to fill out the survey with the same messaging. The subject line was "Reminder - How did we do? A Government of Canada survey".

I know I should have researched this earlier but only recently did I find out about GCMS notes which I just applied through my friend who already resides in Canada. I'm guessing it would take a few weeks before I get those notes. I just wanted to clarify there are other people who received these survey emails but their CIC account shows that the application is still in progress. If this is the case, does your GCMS notes say otherwise or has updates different from the CIC account? Please share some insights in to this.

Appreciate all the help and support.

Anup

@legalfalcon for visibility and advise

Edit: I have tried sending Web forms earlier this year requesting for a change of address. But never got a response back. I even tried to call the IRCC office yesterday and today but the call abruptly gets disconnected in the middle of waiting for a rep to answer.

Also, is it normal for the eligibility to still be review for so long? Does that mean my application is "complex"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shafaq_

anupthrayee

Apr 9, 2021
Anyone here with a MyCIC account where it says passed eligibility? I'm seeing so many recent updates with everyone's eligibility showing as Passed for Nov 2019 AOR. Am I the only one for whom the eligibility is showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" since last year on MyCIC account? This is so stressful. I just applied for GCMS notes today. Anyone know how long that might take?

pIVOTAL

Feb 12, 2021
Anyone here with a MyCIC account where it says passed eligibility? I'm seeing so many recent updates with everyone's eligibility showing as Passed for Nov 2019 AOR. Am I the only one for whom the eligibility is showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" since last year on MyCIC account? This is so stressful. I just applied for GCMS notes today. Anyone know how long that might take?
Same here..
Recommend Pass for more than a year according to my GCMS NOTES..

Reactions: Twee