+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Daljeet1

Aug 2, 2019
Not necessary. Meds have to be valid when your application is under process as well as when you land. If your meds had expired or about to expire, IRCC will send the for reassessment and the regional medical officer makes a determination on whether to extend them or ask for remeds.

If you have "recommended interview," unless that has been waived, your eligibility will be pending.

Check your GCMS notes for other stages if they are passed.
I heard they ask for remed only when all the stages have been cleared as I know many people whose eligibility was RI since a year and their meds expired and year ago too but they dis not got remed yet

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Did anyone notice the update on IRCC website which says that thry started processing experience class applications of August 2020 and no timeline for express entry yet? At least they started to process applications.

I am positive that something good is coming for all of us. Stay positive guys. We all have fought this till now. This year is going to bring all the happiness we had missed last year. Stay strong!!

aun_syed

Aug 15, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Really tired now, AOR Nov 2, 2019. I understand my case could have been delayed due to birth of a child (which we completed and added in August 2020), but my application is stuck on Eligibility as "Review Required" on work experience as per GCMS notes. I have been working for the same company for 6 years, and the officer only accepted my US experience. Same experience abroad was not considered (or rather overlooked, it seemed).

In June of 2020, when I saw this in the notes, I pro-actively sent them additional information without them requesting it, and sent separate letters from my employer for each of my previous tenures in different countries abroad.

The status has been the same ever since, with the only change being addition of my child to the application in August and my medical expiring end of October 2020. I have not been asked for any re-medicals yet.

Can you help or have any guidance to offer on this situation @legalfalcon sincerely appreciate your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Really tired now, AOR Nov 2, 2019. I understand my case could have been delayed due to birth of a child (which we completed and added in August 2020), but my application is stuck on Eligibility as "Review Required" on work experience as per GCMS notes. I have been working for the same company for 6 years, and the officer only accepted my US experience. Same experience abroad was not considered (or rather overlooked, it seemed).

In June of 2020, when I saw this in the notes, I pro-actively sent them additional information without them requesting it, and sent separate letters from my employer for each of my previous tenures in different countries abroad.

The status has been the same ever since, with the only change being addition of my child to the application in August and my medical expiring end of October 2020. I have not been asked for any re-medicals yet.

Can you help or have any guidance to offer on this situation @legalfalcon sincerely appreciate your help!
A review required by itself is not a matter of concern. It nearly mens that some aspects of your application has been flagged for an officer to review before a final decision on the eligibility is made. I am re-posting my old post on this below.

As regards adding a family member or a new born baby, that is a fairly quick process, as babies are not subject to criminality and security. They are only subject to medical admissibility, which does not take much time.

Currently there are delays across all lines of business for IRCC and there is nothing much you can do. Especially if your are outland. As per the most recent update from IRCC, they are only process CEC application will full capacity and everything else is delayed.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals - https://bit.ly/3o8ecGq
A11.2 – eligibility
Security - https://bit.ly/3iE3syj

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: aun_syed

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I heard they ask for remed only when all the stages have been cleared as I know many people whose eligibility was RI since a year and their meds expired and year ago too but they dis not got remed yet
Not necessary, medicals have to be valid as when your application is being processed as well as when you land in Canada. There is no such rule that meds will be re-evaluated only when your application is passed all stages. Though, after all stages are passed, IRCC will conduct a final review where in it will be ensured that all documents on file are valid and not expired.

Reactions: Daljeet1

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
@legalfalcon
AOR Nov.20.2019.

Got my GCMS notes pulled from the system on Jan 04, 2021, compared with notes pulled on July 10, 2019 (all passed under Assessments w security left blank):
1) medical extended to April 30, 2021;
2) security section has a "s.15(1)" on top right corner and have two pages with "Page xx to xx are not relevant" i read it here: https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/ and also some other posts.

Usually the s.15(1) happens during security check, have you ever seen security left blank with "Final: Approved" under Assessments section then another s.15(1) check?
Do you think it will delay the already not-knowing-when-ppr-will-be-issued process?

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
@legalfalcon
AOR Nov.20.2019.

Got my GCMS notes pulled from the system on Jan 04, 2021, compared with notes pulled on July 10, 2019 (all passed under Assessments w security left blank):
2) security section has a "s.15(1)" on top right corner and have two pages with "Page xx to xx are not relevant" i read it here: https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/ and also some other posts.

Usually the s.15(1) happens during security check, have you ever seen security left blank with "Final: Approved" under Assessments section then another s.15(1) check?
Do you think it will delay the already not-knowing-when-ppr-will-be-issued process?
Did you get updates on gckey for your extended medical or did you send them webforms regarding medical expired?

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
Did you get updates on gckey for your extended medical or did you send them webforms regarding medical expired?
no to both nothing updated on website just found out through GCMS notes im more concerned with 2)

• Sad
Reactions: amyung

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
AOR Nov.20.2019.

Security is always redacted and you will se it as blank even after it is passed, and on the top right of the page you will see the section under which it has been redacted, i.e. s15(1) See https://bit.ly/2Yep4YE

Even when the application is approved, your security will still be blank:

For the bank pages, see #4,223

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon
AOR Nov.20.2019.

Here is the correct information. Depending on where you obtained the GCMS from, i.e. IRCC or CBSA there can be differences in how security is disclosed. Security is always redacted by both IRCC and CBSA when it's completed. However CBSA will disclose it even when it's in progress. See this example from CBSA

You can also check CBSA's online version of the security screening manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

Vak2422

Jun 5, 2020
Anyone has any idea how much time is required for web form reply? Normally it takes only 3 business days, please correct me if wrong. I have raised webform a week back with updated documents. But didn’t received any updates on the same. Totally confused and stuck since more than a year now

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Anyone has any idea how much time is required for web form reply? Normally it takes only 3 business days, please correct me if wrong. I have raised webform a week back with updated documents. But didn’t received any updates on the same. Totally confused and stuck since more than a year now
Normally yes, mine took about a month this time (sent in Dec) and it was a generic reply, didn't answer my question. If you sent a webform to update your address/phone no./jobs as I did, they don't reply at all, have sent 3 webforms regarding this.