Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
I think you all are lucky ... I haven't heard anything ...not even a Ghost update... Feeling super frustrated ....

Reactions: patiencewearingthin

Fisheye1

Jan 31, 2019
We received our COPR and passports today. We are living in the US and wanted to check whether we are exempt from travel to Canada.

As per the below site, it appears we are exempt since we have a valid COPR and
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

However, I would not assume and would like to confirm with the experts if we should plan our movement to Canada.

@legalfalcon @Fisheye1
Hi there,

Sorry for the late response, I hadn't checked the forum in sometime, been very busy at work lately.

Anyways, what they have on website says that,

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) - I think this is the catch, you have to have the intention to move there and not just go there temporarily.
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
Hello everyone,

I just read this morning about the "landing portal" that IRCC created to complete PR application.

The date on the news is Dec 5, but the last edit on the IRCC page say Nov 9. In any case, does anyone know anything more about this?

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Can't say for sure, it shows open on the google search and also, a phone representative told me they're working with limited staff. (I don't beleive the represenative, however). It's funny that even the smallest businesses such as gyms are open and yet they're keping VO closed. Guess COVID doesn't affect them taking 5k+pr applicants (#money) every month.
Yeah don't even know what to trust now. Expired COPRs or soon to be expired COPRs don't even get replies from them so their system is just really messed up. It's up to the point that I kinda don't care anymore and not even bother to log in to my profile lol. We will see what will happen in the new year

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi fellow applicants,
If your file is assigned to officer (not analyst or processing agent)-LC01329 (which can be confirmed from GCMS notes), it appears those files are incessantly delayed.

Let's connect and discuss on the following thread:

Go to the thread here