+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

vpp

Dec 2, 2020
@Thor Odinson they are closed...
I was thinking the same that they are currently closed, otherwise with all these PPRs going out from Syd VO, we should have got ours. That really sucks. I don't think they call it GU lol, just tell them that you saw an update but these past few weeks, they had many system glitches so it can also be a "fake" GU cause me too, I had a GU a few weeks back but I guess it's true that they are not working as they haven't updated my address since July. Anyway, good luck to us, it's really sad and frustrating.
Haha , I did explain her that I got an updated status on my account , but nothing had really changed...anyway ...in another forum I saw that an inland applicant received a ppr from Niagara VO, so not sure now it’s closed

Reactions: Jraci

HarshaSN87

Jan 16, 2020
Got a ghost update just now! Anyone else ??
hi, our timeline is same as yours. we got response for webform in June 2020 that security, medical etc are valid. But no further changes in IRCC application. In your case there is extension of medical, but we did not get any message either. So, is it common.

m_jags06

Oct 25, 2018
hi, our timeline is same as yours. we got response for webform in June 2020 that security, medical etc are valid. But no further changes in IRCC application. In your case there is extension of medical, but we did not get any message either. So, is it common.
Usually I have seen cases where the medicals are extended on a date closer to 1 year of medicals date (which happened in my case through an update). But as you mentioned that you have the same timeline, probably the extension in your case will happen at a later date. Also, it seems IRCC has some criteria based on factors like age, country etc. whether to extend medicals or ask for re-medicals.

Also, in my case all the stages are valid, the only update is medicals extended. I have ordered GCMS notes a couple of weeks back, will get to know more soon.

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
I don’t even know what to do anymore.
Come January, I’ll be out of job (had the opportunity to extend but I didn’t want to commit and later withdraw so took up a contractual plan to end by December) because I thought all things would’ve been sorted. Now I don’t know wether to start looking for a new job (I already recruited a new person for my role and have handed over). I never saw this coming. Other visa offices are responding. Via gcms my application has been approved since March.
Lol sorry guys just needed to rant.
FSW - Outland
Aor - Nov 22

surap

Sep 16, 2020
Come January, I’ll be out of job (had the opportunity to extend but I didn’t want to commit and later withdraw so took up a contractual plan to end by December) because I thought all things would’ve been sorted. Now I don’t know wether to start looking for a new job (I already recruited a new person for my role and have handed over). I never saw this coming. Other visa offices are responding. Via gcms my application has been approved since March.
FSW - Outland
Aor - Nov 22
really bad..I think most of your batch already got PRs

anki_t90

Oct 13, 2019
FSW - Outland
Aor - Nov 22
I am in somewhat similar situation, Nov AOR (outland). It sucks, lets just hope things get better soon

MalithDisala

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi,

A quick question everyone, I have my passport expiring in Aug 2021, means I just have until mid of feb 2021 to travel (as we need min 6 months validity to travel). If, I apply for a new passport now, how will it impact my COPR? I am worried that just in case if I get the COPR closer to the date, I will have to apply for a new one and then again intimate IRCC and the application might get delayed further! Any thoughts please....
no impact, depends how soon you can get your passport, get a passport and infrom IRCC about passport renewal, they will update it, i have done the same, AOR-JAN awaiting

fatalkernel

Feb 22, 2020
Yes - return envelope is important. CIC send your Passports and COPR using the returned envelope.

Also, if you have not sent already, I would not change Address Line 1 - may not be an issue but sometimes these systems are heavily dependent on Address Line 1 and Zipcode.
Can we fold the return fedex envelope and send? Or they have a bigger reusable envelope, for return.

which one should be use to send...? Also what phone number should we provide? Since they asked us not give IRCC phone number. But, its a mandatory field in the fedex shipment form

Last edited:

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Can we fold the return fedex envelope and send? Or they have a bigger reusable envelope, for return.

which one should be use to send...? Also what phone number should we provide? Since they asked us not give IRCC phone number. But, its a mandatory field in the fedex shipment form

So, here are the answers based on my experience:

1. Can we fold the return fedex envelope and send? Or they have a bigger reusable envelope, for return. which one should be use to send...?

I asked Fedex employee to do that. They are experts on this. They used a bigger envelope to enclose a standard size return envelope, passports, photos and other document.

2. Also what phone number should we provide? Since they asked us not give IRCC phone number. But, its a mandatory field in the fedex shipment form

I asked Fedex employee and they said put 0000000000. We used what Fedex employee suggested and I received my passports and COPR fine in 10 days.

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
FSW - Outland
Aor - Nov 22
I’m in the same situation as you. Mine was also approved in March 2020 based on GCMS. I took a leap of faith hoping that I will get the PPR by November 2020, that’s why i quit my job.Still no update.