+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

gcarraro

Sep 3, 2020
Hey All! Just received this email:

Hello,

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:
· You will confirm you currently live in Canada

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

Important notes:
  • Clients will have to access the portal themselves. If you’re a representative, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved.

• IRCC will keep improving on this tool, but for now the portal only allows one profile per person. Regardless of their age, each member of your family (i.e. including your dependants) must have their own profile.
  • You and every dependant included in your application will need their own unique email address (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) for us to create an account in the PR Confirmation Portal.

Let us know:

You must inform us right away via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
· marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
· death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
· birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
· you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence

What you need to do next:
Reply to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address and email addresses for every dependant included in your application. Please use this format, one client per line: Names, UCI, email, date of last time entered in Canada and the location (Port of Entry) - verify your passport for the date and location.
If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
If you currently live outside Canada, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

LL04654
Etobicoke
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
What does it mean? I'm currently an outland applicant in Brazil. CEC stream

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Since you had used FedEx , there should be a proof of delivery . Can you kindly confirm the delivery location from the proof of delivery. You can find that only if you log into your FedEx a/c through the website. It would be a great help to me. TIA
So I never had to check this proof earlier as my timeline was quick. But, you are right that delivery location in proof of delivery is different than the destination. I assume this is similar to my return shipment where I noticed it came through Quebec instead of Ottawa. I assume this may be due to usage of different/ partner courier systems internally. The delivery location in the proof of delivery says "2303 STEVENAGE DR" so I think you are good and your passports are delivered to the correct location. You will receive your passports soon. :)

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
The day we passed. Upfront Med was done around Nov 26.

From medical passed there was no update.

Do you have any idea what might be happening?
I guess u will be getting re-medical request or a medical extension. Most probably the later one as most of the applications whose medicals are about to get over or are over get the extensions. Whatever maybe the case you will get an update from IRCC. Just wait and watch

Reactions: Kishan2020

Thareva9

Dec 2, 2020
So I never had to check this proof earlier as my timeline was quick. But, you are right that delivery location in proof of delivery is different than the destination. I assume this is similar to my return shipment where I noticed it came through Quebec instead of Ottawa. I assume this may be due to usage of different/ partner courier systems internally. The delivery location in the proof of delivery says "2303 STEVENAGE DR" so I think you are good and your passports are delivered to the correct location. You will receive your passports soon. :)
Thanks so much for replying. It’s a great relief. But still worried why it’s taking so long when others are getting it pretty quickly.

ChoksBrissy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Just received information letter from IRCC
It says "Good day, Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Please note that nothing further is required from you at this time. Please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times. Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe, but rest assured we are doing what we can to process your application in a timely fashion".

Just curious, has anyone also received this message?

Last edited:

Pooja Yadav

Apr 10, 2020
Hello,

Am Nov 28 2019 AOR I had sent a webform 2 weeks back for enquiry but still haven't heard back. Shall I ask for GCMS notes or keep waiting. Any suggestions?

fatalkernel

Feb 22, 2020
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

this is the address I recieved to send my documents to. But, fedex is not allowing me to enter the entire `US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports`And neither the - in CPCO

Also I’m not sure what to enter from address in the return envelope
. Can anybody help me with this?

Reactions: Jem09

vpp

Dec 2, 2020
Yea, and they still can't release a simple ppr. Either they're too lazy or something is cooking up.
Hi Amyung and Thor , My Vo is also Niagara Falls , AOR - Oct 2019 , OINP PNP-Outland
I ordered GCMS notes 2 months back and same as with ull
The application status is approved and the Counterfoil number is printed since Feb 2020.
The medicals expired in Oct 2020.
I finally got through the IRCC call center today and the agent told me that Niagara Falls VO is currently closed due to covid and she doesn't know when it will open. But this doesn't make sense as I received a ghost update last week. I told her the same , but she wasn't aware of what a ghost update is.

If you guys receive any update please respond here :)

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

this is the address I recieved to send my documents to. But, fedex is not allowing me to enter the entire `US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports`And neither the - in CPCO

Also I’m not sure what to enter from address in the return envelope
. Can anybody help me with this?
I used short form - that works fine. This is what I used after suggestion from Fedex employees -

CPCO – PR VISA
US PERM/TEMP RESID. VISA/PASSPORTS
365 LAURIER AV. WEST
OTTAWA, ON, CA, K1A1L1

And I used the same in the From section in the return envelope.

Reactions: fatalkernel

fatalkernel

Feb 22, 2020
I used short form - that works fine. This is what I used after suggestion from Fedex employees -

CPCO – PR VISA
US PERM/TEMP RESID. VISA/PASSPORTS
365 LAURIER AV. WEST
OTTAWA, ON, CA, K1A1L1

And I used the same in the From section in the return envelope.
I was able to fit the entire address
Name : CPCO – PR VISA
Business : US Permanent /Temporary Residence
Address 1 : VISA/Passports
Address 2 : 365 LAURIER AV. WEST
OTTAWA, ON, CA, K1A1L1

I believe it wouldn’t matter if we use business field. Also, do we need to send return fedex envelope?

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi Amyung and Thor , My Vo is also Niagara Falls , AOR - Oct 2019 , OINP PNP-Outland
I ordered GCMS notes 2 months back and same as with ull
The application status is approved and the Counterfoil number is printed since Feb 2020.
The medicals expired in Oct 2020.
I finally got through the IRCC call center today and the agent told me that Niagara Falls VO is currently closed due to covid and she doesn't know when it will open. But this doesn't make sense as I received a ghost update last week. I told her the same , but she wasn't aware of what a ghost update is.

If you guys receive any update please respond here :)
@Thor Odinson they are closed...
I was thinking the same that they are currently closed, otherwise with all these PPRs going out from Syd VO, we should have got ours. That really sucks. I don't think they call it GU lol, just tell them that you saw an update but these past few weeks, they had many system glitches so it can also be a "fake" GU cause me too, I had a GU a few weeks back but I guess it's true that they are not working as they haven't updated my address since July. Anyway, good luck to us, it's really sad and frustrating.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I was able to fit the entire address
Name : CPCO – PR VISA
Business : US Permanent /Temporary Residence
Address 1 : VISA/Passports
Address 2 : 365 LAURIER AV. WEST
OTTAWA, ON, CA, K1A1L1

I believe it wouldn’t matter if we use business field. Also, do we need to send return fedex envelope?
Yes - return envelope is important. CIC send your Passports and COPR using the returned envelope.

Also, if you have not sent already, I would not change Address Line 1 - may not be an issue but sometimes these systems are heavily dependent on Address Line 1 and Zipcode.