+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
@legalfalcon I got my GCMS yesterday, do you think it’s normal as my VO (secondary office) has been transferred all over Canada? It was Ottawa, Edmonton, Sydney NS, Vancouver then now Niagara Falls. I updated webform with change of country of residence a few months ago but didn’t see it anywhere in GCMS. Should I contact Niagara Falls directly? Thank you!

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
@legalfalcon I got my GCMS yesterday, do you think it’s normal as my VO (secondary office) has been transferred all over Canada? It was Ottawa, Edmonton, Sydney NS, Vancouver then now Niagara Falls. I updated webform with change of country of residence a few months ago but didn’t see it anywhere in GCMS. Should I contact Niagara Falls directly? Thank you!
IMHO, I think you could give it a try, but I would suggest you to send another webform an wait for 1 or 2 weeks to see if they reply it before contact the VO directly.

Btw, may I ask when did you apply for your GCMS!?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
During the processing of an application the files are transferred to multiple offices due to work load distribution and also CIO and CPC has their works cut out.

If you did inform IRCC via webform, did you get a reply back. If you did, no need to worry.Also check page pg 4 and 5 of your GCMS notes under client information to see what the COR states. If it still reflects the old Cor, then you can send another webform.

When you send a webform, irrespective of where your application is at the information is transmitted. Only if your application is being processed outside Canada then you will have to directly contact the respective office for updates.

Reactions: MalithDisala

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: MalithDisala

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
IMHO, I think you could give it a try, but I would suggest you to send another webform an wait for 1 or 2 weeks to see if they reply it before contact the VO directly.

Btw, may I ask when did you apply for your GCMS!?
About a month ago from getgcms.com, last time in Feb, I ordered it from them and it took around 1 month too.

Reactions: haihttran

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
During the processing of an application the files are transferred to multiple offices due to work load distribution and also CIO and CPC has their works cut out.

If you did inform IRCC via webform, did you get a reply back. If you did, no need to worry.Also check page pg 4 and 5 of your GCMS notes under client information to see what the COR states. If it still reflects the old Cor, then you can send another webform.

When you send a webform, irrespective of where your application is at the information is transmitted. Only if your application is being processed outside Canada then you will have to directly contact the respective office for updates.
No, I didn't get a reply last time and yes the COR on the note is still the former one, will send them another webform now. Thank you.

Reactions: legalfalcon

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

Need your inputs on the below points regarding my application (AOR November 2019)

1. I was recently told by the IRCC agent that my medicals have been extended till April 2022 (more than 1.5 years) which is rather odd as most of the applicants have had there meds extended by either 6 months or 1 year. what could be the reason?

2. I had raised a request for gcms notes last month and recently received extension of 90 days. The first copy of gcms notes (raised in June) confirmed that the application has been approved since April. Not sure why this would happen.

Can you please share your inputs on this and advice what next steps could be taken in this regard. Thanks @legalfalcon

Last edited:

LouiseV36

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Hi there.

Just some info.

I received the golden e-mail on the 20 October 2020. My AOR is Nov 20 2019 with medicals due to expire on he 19 Nov 2020.

My application has now been approved and I have until the 29 April 2021 to get into the country before my documents expire. The only assumption I can make is that they extended my medicals.

I am not exempt and I am hoping that they will move the march 18th rule very soon.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

rv91

Apr 26, 2020
Hello guys,

I just received letters (IMM 1017E forms) to take medicals again in my express entry login.

My original medicals were supposed to expire on Aug 27th 2020, but on Aug 10th 2020 I got an update saying my medicals have been extended.

I have applied for GCMS notes and also confirmed that the medicals were extended till 31st Jan 2021. But, again they have asked me to get the medicals redone.

Do you know if this is a normal procedure?

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi amyung, could you please share the date you applied for GCMS? trying to figure out when I'll get mine.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hello guys,

I just received letters (IMM 1017E forms) to take medicals again in my express entry login.

My original medicals were supposed to expire on Aug 27th 2020, but on Aug 10th 2020 I got an update saying my medicals have been extended.

I have applied for GCMS notes and also confirmed that the medicals were extended till 31st Jan 2021. But, again they have asked me to get the medicals redone.

Do you know if this is a normal procedure?
Yes, it happens. I also had my remedicals done three months after the initial one got extended.

Reactions: rv91