Centralized Intake Office,NS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2020
Congrats!!! What was the latest update before PPR? Was it approved or final decision pending?
The last GCMS ordered was on Sep 29, in which I saw our medicals extended to Nov 2021. From June 6, only the final decision was pending.

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
The last GCMS ordered was on Sep 29, in which I saw our medicals extended to Nov 2021. From June 6, only the final decision was pending.
Hi @swathy1213, you ordered gcms on 29th sept or received it on 29th? Also what date was your medicals extended as per gcmsnotes. And was your file in covid pace group?

swathy1213

Jan 25, 2019
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Centralized Intake Office,NS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2020
Hi @swathy1213, you ordered gcms on 29th sept or received it on 29th? Also what date was your medicals extended as per gcmsnotes. And was your file in covid pace group?
My apologies for the confusion caused. Let me explain in detail.

1. Around June 6, I raised a webform and received GCMS. I came to know that only the final decision is pending.
2. Around Oct 5 I received GCMS, which shows that medicals have been extended to Nov 2021. I haven't raised a request with regard to medicals. They extended it in August itself.
3. The GCMS also mentions covid pace.

So, even though it is mentioned as "covid pace", I received it today. To conclude, the wait is almost over. Stay positive :)

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
I received a reply from Minister's office of an email sent on 1st September just today. There is not much in it except the following line,

Although the impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications, please be assured that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to explore options to facilitate processing in these extraordinary times, including finalizing applications virtually.

Reactions: Engineer43

HelloCanada910

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
I got PPR just few minutes back after a loooong waiting. My passport is expiring by March and Indian consulate is not accepting passport renewals now due to vendor change from CKGS to VFS until Nov 2nd. Not sure what my options are!!! Any suggestions?
Hi @legalfalcon Could you please help on my PPR situation.

Got PPR today but my passport is expiring by March 2021 which is less than 6 months. Indian consulate had suspended passport renewal until Nov 2nd as they are switching the vendors. So, I am already losing 3 weeks and wondering the possible solution for this.
Also once I get the new passport, how do I proceed with that as my application doesn't have new passport info?
Could you please review and advise?

I am equally excited and worried about this PPR timing.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Could you please help on my PPR situation.

Got PPR today but my passport is expiring by March 2020 which is less than 6 months. Indian consulate had suspended passport renewal until Nov 2nd as they are switching the vendors. So, I am already losing 3 weeks and wondering the possible solution for this.
Also once I get the new passport, how do I proceed with that as my application doesn't have new passport info?
Could you please review and advise?

I am equally excited and worried about this PPR timing.
If there a date before which you have to submit your passport to IRCC. If not, then you can get your passport renewed when the Indian consulate opens.

Once you have the new passport, you can send the scan of the biographical pages to IRCC via webform.

HelloCanada910

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
If there a date before which you have to submit your passport to IRCC. If not, then you can get your passport renewed when the Indian consulate opens.

Once you have the new passport, you can send the scan of the biographical pages to IRCC via webform.
Email says "You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence "
That will be Nov 18th from today and I am not sure if I can get my passport renewed by that time.

ahiney

Oct 30, 2019
Foreign worker with LIMA, expires July 2021.
I am granted with 2-month vacation. (longer considering the 2 weeks of isolation and stuff..)
Can I leave Canada and come back?
My daughter is in my country and iI haven't seen her for more than a year.. dying to see her if I can..

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Foreign worker with LIMA, expires July 2021.
I am granted with 2-month vacation. (longer considering the 2 weeks of isolation and stuff..)
Can I leave Canada and come back?
My daughter is in my country and iI haven't seen her for more than a year.. dying to see her if I can..
IMHO, you can. It clearly states on official website of Canada government here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html#essential. However, I would also suggest that you should contact IRCC via webform or phone call to check for more precise details. Good lucks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Email says "You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence "
That will be Nov 18th from today and I am not sure if I can get my passport renewed by that time.
If you cannot get get your passport back by then, then you will have to send a webform and inform IRCC and seek an extension to submit your passport.

Reactions: HelloCanada910

MFA2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hello All,

With the blessing of god...we just received our PPR email now. Thank you everyone for your support during this journey...I appreciate all the inputs received from the members here....

AOR: 23 NOV 2019
PNP: Outland
Country of Residence: UAE
PPR Date: 19-Oct-2020

Wishing good luck to everyone...patience is virtue....
Congratulations and all the best :) Please do update us about how long it took in UAE for Visa Stamping.

YayCanada

Aug 6, 2020
Hi,

Finally, we received the ready for visa email today :)

AOR: 16-Nov-2019
PNP outland
Nominated by Ontario
Residing in USA
VO: CIO (Sydney Nova Scotia)
Email received: Oct 19 2020
So you are supposed to send your passport and a self addressed envelope to Ottawa from USA within 30 days?

YayCanada

Aug 6, 2020
Hello All,

I just received "Ready for Visa/ Prét pour Visa" email from IRCC. Does It mean my application was approved? Please let me know. I'm an outland PNP (OINP) applicant from US.

Thanks
So you are supposed to send your passport and a self addressed envelope to Ottawa from USA within 30 days?

YayCanada

Aug 6, 2020
Finaly got the golden e-mail.

AOR - 11/2019 (AINP)
Medical expires on Dec 3rd 2020
PPR - 15/10/2020
OUTLANDER
Not from visa exempt countries

Dec 3rd is very soon especially that we have applied for a passport for our new born child. The passport hasn't arrived yet and it needs more than a month. So that's November (minimum).
Yet its clear that if i miss the medical expiry deadline i have to reapply.

@legalfalcon any recommendations? Have you encountered something similar? Do you mind sharing some words/phrases?

Ill reply to have the medical extended and update them with the passport details once it arrives