Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Finaly got the golden e-mail.

AOR - 11/2019 (AINP)
Medical expires on Dec 3rd 2020
PPR - 15/10/2020
OUTLANDER
Not from visa exempt countries

Dec 3rd is very soon especially that we have applied for a passport for our new born child. The passport hasn't arrived yet and it needs more than a month. So that's November (minimum).
Yet its clear that if i miss the medical expiry deadline i have to reapply.

@legalfalcon any recommendations? Have you encountered something similar? Do you mind sharing some words/phrases?

Ill reply to have the medical extended and update them with the passport details once it arrives
Hey congrats!! Which country are you from?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So the Visa expiration date is tied to the medicals expiration? For example, if I get CoPR today and my medical expire in January 2021, I get visa which expires in January 2021?
Not necessary. The visa will be issued for a max of no longer than 6 months, but can be shorter, but cannot be beyond the expiry of the medicals or the passport which ever comes before.

In some cases IRCC can issue visa beyond the medicals date by a few months, which depends on a case by case basis, and in some cases the medicals are extended.

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon, I changed my country of residence a few months ago, obviously changed my phone number and job status with it too as I moved back to my home country. I raised a webform with dot points of these details and received the generic response resand nothing else till today.
Is that normal that they don't respond or confirm anything in the case of change of country of residence and other details? Should I raise another webform just to confirm? Thanks

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon,

I got my PPR yesterday and as per the latest GCMS notes the validity of the COPR is till 22/12/2020 which is exactly two months from now. If I send my passoport this week, it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks for VISA stamping. Since the international borders are still closed in Canada, can you please suggest what I should do in this case. Do I need to request them to extend the validity of COPR?

Thanks

Reactions: Okpure

KC_infi

Dec 5, 2019
Received following Email. Is this legit and has anyone else received this?
Appication Status: FSWO, AOR 17th nov '19, applied from US, currently inside Canada on TRV, application approved in March2020, waiting for PPR/COPR.

Please join this new thread for discussing more. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-permanent-residence-confirmation-portal-pilot-program.706624/

Sender: Client Portal / Portail Client (IRCC) <IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear XYZ,
We are reaching out to see if you would be interested in participating as a tester, to give us your feedback on the new Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal that is in development and will be launched soon for use by all our clients at the same stage as you currently.
To give you a brief overview, we are creating a Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal for approved permanent residence applicants to complete the last step of their application. This is the part of the process where applicants confirm their Canadian address and provide a photo to allow for the printing of their first permanent resident card.
Please note that participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. We will not be capturing your name or any personal information in our notes and it will not impact negatively on your application or your family members’ applications!
The testing rounds will be done next week from Monday, October 19, 2020, to Wednesday, October 21, 2020. Deloitte is the third-party organization that is developing the portal and leading the testing. They will be capturing any feedback for improving the service, and all responses will be anonymized.
If you are interested in participating and completing the final step of your application through this pilot program, please let us know as soon as possible. A researcher from Deloitte (copied on this message) will get in touch with you to provide more details and guide you through the process. If you are not interested in participating, please let us know as well.
Thank you for your time,

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Seems legit. Makes sense as they’re now doing virtual landings. As long as they don’t ask for more personal info or payment I’d be inclined to think it’s real.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Appication Status: FSWO, AOR 17th nov '19, applied from US, currently inside Canada on TRV, application approved in March2020, waiting for PPR/COPR.

Please join this new thread for discussing more. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-permanent-residence-confirmation-portal-pilot-program.706624/

Sender: Client Portal / Portail Client (IRCC) <IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear XYZ,
We are reaching out to see if you would be interested in participating as a tester, to give us your feedback on the new Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal that is in development and will be launched soon for use by all our clients at the same stage as you currently.
To give you a brief overview, we are creating a Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal for approved permanent residence applicants to complete the last step of their application. This is the part of the process where applicants confirm their Canadian address and provide a photo to allow for the printing of their first permanent resident card.
Please note that participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. We will not be capturing your name or any personal information in our notes and it will not impact negatively on your application or your family members’ applications!
The testing rounds will be done next week from Monday, October 19, 2020, to Wednesday, October 21, 2020. Deloitte is the third-party organization that is developing the portal and leading the testing. They will be capturing any feedback for improving the service, and all responses will be anonymized.
If you are interested in participating and completing the final step of your application through this pilot program, please let us know as soon as possible. A researcher from Deloitte (copied on this message) will get in touch with you to provide more details and guide you through the process. If you are not interested in participating, please let us know as well.
Thank you for your time,
good move it will be,

David_goCA

Sep 15, 2020

Dear XYZ,
Thank you for your time,
Hi,is IRCC send the email randomly? Then, how to join the test trial?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,

I got my PPR yesterday and as per the latest GCMS notes the validity of the COPR is till 22/12/2020 which is exactly two months from now. If I send my passoport this week, it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks for VISA stamping. Since the international borders are still closed in Canada, can you please suggest what I should do in this case. Do I need to request them to extend the validity of COPR?

Thanks
Don't go by the COPR date in the GCMS notes. That can be revised if your medicals have bene extend. Instead send your PPs for visa, and then see the date on the PR visa and COPR.

If you still feel that you cannot land before the expiry, you can ask for an extension. Seeking an extensions due to COVID and lockdowns does not lead to any refusal.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I changed my country of residence a few months ago, obviously changed my phone number and job status with it too as I moved back to my home country. I raised a webform with dot points of these details and received the generic response resand nothing else till today.
Is that normal that they don't respond or confirm anything in the case of change of country of residence and other details? Should I raise another webform just to confirm? Thanks
As long as you have informed them of the change of address, that is all. No need to be concerned about.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Dear Friends,

Got the long awaited golden e-mail just a while ago thanks to almighty. My details are given below:

AOR - 11/01/2020 (Ontario - PNP)
Medicals - 25/01/2020
Biometrics - 28/01/2020
Eligibility (Passed) - 29/07/2020 (As per GCMS)
PPR - 15/10/2020
Country of residence - UAE
VO - Sydney, Nova Scotia

don’t lose hope guys, keep praying. You will get it soon.
Hi maam, are you DIY or your application processed by a consultancy? I am also in UAE but December 2019 AOR in which many of applicants have received the golden email..

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

Vee1990

May 13, 2019
Decision envelope for your application has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2020/10/16 via FEDEX. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Does anyone know how to get tracking number .I only have the one for tracking an application given by vfs.Thank you

Vak2422

Jun 5, 2020
@legalfalcon my application is been opened almost since year now. Every time I call IRCC help line I got same answers from agent. Is there any specific questions we can ask them to get our application status? I normally ask about my eligibility, security and background status. Which is all passed. I also get my GCMC notes did not see any specific information.
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: anirudh1996