17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon @Engineer43

You mentioned, you can visit local MP and request them for seeking additional details on the application. Does it only work for Inland applicants?

In case of an Outland applicant, how does one decide which MP to contact? Is it random?
Only inland applicants can visit. However, if you have a destination where your sit to live after coming to Canada, you can contact your local MP and see if they are willing to help. Some do.

Reactions: a_1188

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi,

I think only inland applicants can contact the MP of their catchment area.

I think we Nov applican should sign a petition to discuss this in parliament. Some one from us who knows how to create the petition link and we can sign & share. This will help all inlander and outlanders,

suggestions and advice are welcome...
Sure...why not. Whatever helps

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Only inland applicants can visit. However, if you have a destination where your sit to live after coming to Canada, you can contact your local MP and see if they are willing to help. Some do.
Thank you for the response @legalfalcon
I'm just a little skeptical about contacting an MP, in case it ends up having a negative impact.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the response @legalfalcon
I'm just a little skeptical about contacting an MP, in case it ends up having a negative impact.
There is no negative or positive impact. All a MP can do is refuse to seek info from IRCC. Contacting or not is entirely your decision.

khurram009

May 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I sent a webform to IRCC to inquire about the status of my application 8 days ago, but i have not received any reply until now. I just wanted to ask that is it normal or some issue with specific cases? Usually they reply on the 5th day of sendig them the webform...

My AOR date is the 28th of January 2020.

Your responses would be highly appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Everyone,

I sent a webform to IRCC to inquire about the status of my application 8 days ago, but i have not received any reply until now. I just wanted to ask that is it normal or some issue with specific cases? Usually they reply on the 5th day of sendig them the webform...

It can take 7-15 days in some cases. Also this Monday was a statutory holiday.

If you do not hear back by the end of this week, send another webform.

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Thanks, I have sent an email to our MP, initially they insisted that they can’t do any thing before a year is passed which is the case now, also they wanted to know what exactly is the affect of delay, so I have sent a comprehensive email, I will keep all posted !
Which MP you sent email to?

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Hi,

Does contacting MP helped you? i am thinking to contact MP for updates, will they give any additional updates? or do IRCC speed up your application?
Hi @Engineer43 ,
I am getting regular updates from them since the 6-month processing mark has elapsed.
I would say the updates are as accurate as GCMS notes (every MP-IRCC request for information is actually recorded and you can then see it in your GCMS notes). And the MP assistant usually replies to my emails within 2 days.
I would say it is a good way of getting updates.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Hi @Engineer43 ,
I am getting regular updates from them since the 6-month processing mark has elapsed.
I would say the updates are as accurate as GCMS notes (every MP-IRCC request for information is actually recorded and you can then see it in your GCMS notes). And the MP assistant usually replies to my emails within 2 days.
How do you get updates? how do you contact MP?

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hello Everyone,

They used to respond in 3 business day but its been 10 days they haven't responded back, hence I have contacted MP for the very first time!

Last edited:

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi @Engineer43 ,
that's great, I am looking forward to receiving a reply, MP secretary did say that it will take 10 business days to get a reply from IRCC as opposed to 48 hours ...

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi @Engineer43 ,
Dear @Bilybongosky what specific help did you ask for from the MP? Does contacting the MP helping in only providing the status updates similar to what GCMS notes provide or is the MP taking up your case with IRCC? I plan to contact the local MP, hoping she will respond, but wondering how far can the MP go in helping us. While I am inland application, I am badly looking for positive decision on my PR asap.

Reactions: anki_t90