+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon need your help/suggestion here.

I am an inland candidate (AOR - Nov 2019, OINP) and awaiting PR decision. I am living with my family in Canada. Due to some personal situation at home, my spouse needs some support over next 6 months for sure. Covid-19 has complicated the situation and we cant seek help. No one can travel from our home country to Canada which was the original plan, neither can we seek any help here in Canada.

My questions: If my Spouse (who is on my PR application) travels out of Canada, will that jeopardize/delay my PR application processing in any way? Is that too risky option to think?

My concerns are, will that delay PR processing? Hopefully if PR is issued say in next 3-6 month, can she travel back to Canada? Now she is on Open permit, but what will be her visa status? will she be issued PR while she is not physically present in Canada.

Sincerely appreciate all your help and inputs.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon need your help/suggestion here.

I am an inland candidate (AOR - Nov 2019, OINP) and awaiting PR decision. I am living with my family in Canada. Due to some personal situation at home, my spouse needs some support over next 6 months for sure. Covid-19 has complicated the situation and we cant seek help. No one can travel from our home country to Canada which was the original plan, neither can we seek any help here in Canada.

My questions: If my Spouse (who is on my PR application) travels out of Canada, will that jeopardize/delay my PR application processing in any way? Is that too risky option to think?

My concerns are, will that delay PR processing? Hopefully if PR is issued say in next 3-6 month, can she travel back to Canada? Now she is on Open permit, but what will be her visa status? will she be issued PR while she is not physically present in Canada.

Sincerely appreciate all your help and inputs.
Travelling after the application has been submitted has no impact on the processing of your application. It does not matter what your visa status is. You have to have a legal valid status when you are in Canada.

If you are no longer in Canada when the application is approved you can inform IRCC and they will send you instructions on how to send you passport at the office in your home country .

Reactions: yosupa

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Travelling after the application has been submitted has no impact on the processing of your application. It does not matter what your visa status is. You have to have a legal valid status when you are in Canada.

If you are no longer in Canada when the application is approved you can inform IRCC and they will send you instructions on how to send you passport at the office in your home country .
Thank you for your prompt response.

Reactions: legalfalcon

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW

I'm the same situation. I need to travel abroad. I'm not the principal applicant. However, I will stay 2 months and return to Canada. Should I inform IRCC about this or I can keep my address in Canada?

Thank you!

Reactions: PuneSINP

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Dear @Bilybongosky what specific help did you ask for from the MP? Does contacting the MP helping in only providing the status updates similar to what GCMS notes provide or is the MP taking up your case with IRCC? I plan to contact the local MP, hoping she will respond, but wondering how far can the MP go in helping us. While I am inland application, I am badly looking for positive decision on my PR asap.
Hi @yosupa,
the MP office provides me with updates on the status of my application from time to time.
I am not sure how far they can go in terms of helping us expedite the entire process. Legalfalcon has mentioned the MP can send a letter to IRCC, but as far as I know, it is entirely up to MP and my MP is not interested in sending any letters. They still update me on the status though, which I am grateful for.
Hope this helps, cheers!

Reactions: yosupa

David_goCA

Sep 15, 2020
Hi @yosupa,
the MP office provides me with updates on the status of my application from time to time.
I am not sure how far they can go in terms of helping us expedite the entire process. Legalfalcon has mentioned the MP can send a letter to IRCC, but as far as I know, it is entirely up to MP and my MP is not interested in sending any letters. They still update me on the status though, which I am grateful for.
Hope this helps, cheers!
My MP also looks useless, only can updates what IRCC response to him. Nothing.........

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi @yosupa,
Hope this helps, cheers!
thanks @Bilybongosky and @David_goCA for your responses. I sent an email to my MP. Not sure if she will even entertain.

Reactions: Bilybongosky

Ali_123

Jun 3, 2020
Hi @CCS0025,
that's fairly easy - you have to visit this website: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en and on the map at the bottom search for the MP in your district. Then you click on his/her photo and the contact details will show up. From my experience, email is the best form of contact. Send them an introduction email, explaining your situation and they will send you a couple of documents to fill out so they can start handling your file.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Take care.
Hi CCS0025
sorry for my late reply. I just noticed your message. Actually, I followed a similar way as @Bilybongosky mentioned to you. I hope you succeeded to reach your MP.
Cheers.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I'm the same situation. I need to travel abroad. I'm not the principal applicant. However, I will stay 2 months and return to Canada. Should I inform IRCC about this or I can keep my address in Canada?

Thank you!
If you intend to return back, you need not inform IRCC. Only if you change your country of residence, you have to inform IRCC. This is because IRCC will change you VO so that when the PPR is sent it is one with the instructions for the VO for your home country.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
If you intend to return back, you need not inform IRCC. Only if you change your country of residence, you have to inform IRCC. This is because IRCC will change you VO so that when the PPR is sent it is one with the instructions for the VO for your home country.
Thank you very much!

kasethi

Oct 15, 2020
I also had a question regarding my application I had started my application for PR on the 1st of November 2019 and I have since completed my medical and submitted my biometrics.

The GCKey shows my application should have been processed by the 1st of May 2020, however I am yet to hear from the government please inform what can be done to resolve the issue I have submitted my query to them via web form and have contacted my local embassy to no avail.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Karan

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Could you please add me to the group my number is +971556944722

I also had a question regarding my application I had started my application for PR on the 1st of November 2019 and I have since completed my medical and submitted my biometrics.

The GCKey shows my application should have been processed by the 1st of May 2020, however I am yet to hear from the government please inform what can be done to resolve the issue I have submitted my query to them via web form and have contacted my local embassy to no avail.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Karan
Order GCMS Notes to get an accurate status of your file.

https://www.getgcms.com

Bilybongosky

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Do not depend on GCMS notes. I saw someone saying their eligibility met in GCMS notes but later their PR was refused saying their eligibility was not met. Its crazy.
I hope they are 100% accurate actually.
As per @legalfalcon - you have to know how to read them. He explained this extensively in some other thread on this forum.
Cheers!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I hope they are 100% accurate actually.
As per @legalfalcon - you have to know how to read them. He explained this extensively in some other thread on this forum.
Cheers!
Do not depend on GCMS notes. I saw someone saying their eligibility met in GCMS notes but later their PR was refused saying their eligibility was not met. Its crazy.
The three simple steps to read your GCMS notes:

1. Verify that they are your notes by checking your application number, your name and date of birth on page 1.

2. See page 2 for the assessments. This is the overview of your application stages. To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/35xhKw6

3. Then flip to the last 3-5 pages, this is where the notes entered by the immigration officers are and will provide you with the details.

Once done, you will have a clear grip of your application and then you can read in details about the assessments and calculations and the incoming and outgoing documents which will be in the middle of your notes.

The GCMS notes are the only accurate way to access your application. Any claims that that is inaccurate s baseless, as even the federal courts rely on it is the car goes to litigation.

GCMS notes re ever evolving during the processing. You can refer to the following federal court cases:

Thedchanamoorthy v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) - http://canlii.ca/t/hszxh

Albrifcani v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) - http://canlii.ca/t/j91b5

And there are many more.