Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Kingston
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-05-2022
Really and truly I think very poor communication from CIC/IRCC. With the pandemic why IRCC does not allow outsiders to apply for their GCMS notes without going through 3rd parties. I am past the 6 months and can hardly get a decent answer. While I have not applied for GCMS but I have raised webforms to find out where my files at.

First, it was in Trinidad - when I raised webform with them their answer was unpleasant (like why are you bothering us). The stated that they have our Medical results but since then due to COVID all processing has seized. Like seriously, medical passed from Dec 17 and biometrics done from Dec 23.

We raised another webform for changes and was told the file moved to Kingston, Jamaica (I would assume that is considered local visa office). Raised another webforn with them and was told information noted but they have hundreds of application dealing with so no processing time can be given.

I am not too concern on how long it will I take before a decision is made...but nobody asked (certainly not me) for the pandemic nor was expecting it but gosh some open communication. A lot has been invested and POFs are sitting there with everyone on the edge....will they review my file today.

Come on man the handling is very poor. All I am really interested in is the eligibility (met, passed, RR).

AOR - Nov 28
PNP Outland.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Really and truly I think very poor communication from CIC/IRCC. With the pandemic why IRCC does not allow outsiders to apply for their GCMS notes without going through 3rd parties. I am past the 6 months and can hardly get a decent answer. While I have not applied for GCMS but I have raised webforms to find out where my files at.

First, it was in Trinidad - when I raised webform with them their answer was unpleasant (like why are you bothering us). The stated that they have our Medical results but since then due to COVID all processing has seized. Like seriously, medical passed from Dec 17 and biometrics done from Dec 23.

We raised another webform for changes and was told the file moved to Kingston, Jamaica (I would assume that is considered local visa office). Raised another webforn with them and was told information noted but they have hundreds of application dealing with so no processing time can be given.

I am not too concern on how long it will I take before a decision is made...but nobody asked (certainly not me) for the pandemic nor was expecting it but gosh some open communication. A lot has been invested and POFs are sitting there with everyone on the edge....will they review my file today.

Come on man the handling is very poor. All I am really interested in is the eligibility (met, passed, RR).

AOR - Nov 28
PNP Outland.
A lot of frustration, a lot of people are fed up, I'm with you but really the only thing to do now is to pay 20 bucks and order GCMS notes. That's the only source of detailed information right now. After receiving my notes last week I found out that everything in my application was passed in April and I didn't know anything about it until I ordered GCMS notes. So yeah I'd say it's worth it and the only way to find out what's up.

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
If you are in Canada, you will just get a COPR, and if your application has been approved, congratulations, you are now a PR.

Just wait for the COPR to arrive.

You DO Not have to send your passport for PP visa, as you are only already in Canada.
Thank you @legalfalcon
Quick followup question. I have been interacting with other members and many of them got the COPR through email. I didn’t get anything. Wondering if there are 2 different forms of receiving the document (email and mail) or I need to contact IRCC to send my document.
PS: I checked my junk mail and there is nothing there.

cmar

Apr 18, 2019
Kingston
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Kingston
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-05-2022
A lot of frustration, a lot of people are fed up, I'm with you but really the only thing to do now is to pay 20 bucks and order GCMS notes. That's the only source of detailed information right now. After receiving my notes last week I found out that everything in my application was passed in April and I didn't know anything about it until I ordered GCMS notes. So yeah I'd say it's worth it and the only way to find out what's up.
Don't get me wrong if GCMS notes is the way then OK...but with the unexpected delays why don't they allow persons outside of Canada to order their notes direct for CAD5? Why outsiders have to order through 3rd parties?

With the pandemic persons have monies tied up in savings awaiting COPR, loss of a job, saving for a rainy day in case they lose their job....$5 vs $20 can be challenging given the factors listed earlier, not to mention exchange rates.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
For me, it’s more about knowing where my application is at. As long as it’s approved, they can take their sweet time. I just hate the absence of any sort of communication. I’m from Pakistan as well.
To be honest, I guess if my application was approved, I would have been dying to get the PPR request. :D

Reactions: Fantastica

mithlesh kumar

Apr 10, 2019
Hi there - I submitted my application (under PNP) on 23 rd Nov ,2019 . Passed the medical in Nov 2019 . The final processing date was 23 rd May . Still have not received any update . I am located in Delhi . I received update in my account that medical passed on 4th September ,2020 . I had given medical test in 2019 and passed in 2019 as well . What does it mean passed medical on 4 sep . Do I have to give medical test again or they have passed me . What does it mean . Do I have to for medical test again or they have passed my medical . What could be the status of file .

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
@legalfalcon please I need your expertise on this. What would you advice to be done in this scenario:
Someone who already has PR and has landed plans on travelling to go and meet her fiance who is in another country so they can get married. Now the thing is they are not sure whether to do spousal sponsorship going by how long it takes or for the non PR holder spouse to apply for his own PR separately after the wedding.
Which would you advice
Many thanks for all you do for us on this platform we dont not take it for granted.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi there - I submitted my application (under PNP) on 23 rd Nov ,2019 . Passed the medical in Nov 2019 . The final processing date was 23 rd May . Still have not received any update . I am located in Delhi . I received update in my account that medical passed on 4th September ,2020 . I had given medical test in 2019 and passed in 2019 as well . What does it mean passed medical on 4 sep . Do I have to give medical test again or they have passed me . What does it mean . Do I have to for medical test again or they have passed my medical . What could be the status of file .
It means they extended your medical exam

Reactions: Fantastica

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please I need your expertise on this. What would you advice to be done in this scenario:
Someone who already has PR and has landed plans on travelling to go and meet her fiance who is in another country so they can get married. Now the thing is they are not sure whether to do spousal sponsorship going by how long it takes or for the non PR holder spouse to apply for his own PR separately after the wedding.
Which would you advice
Many thanks for all you do for us on this platform we dont not take it for granted.
You have to consider two things:

1. If your application is already in progress: You can add your spouse to your current application if your application is already in progress. You will need to get married and have a marriage certificate. You can then inform IRCC via webform and submit the following documents:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee and right of permanent residence fee
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation (if applicable)
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs (or other proof of relationship)
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (if required)
Your spouse will be added to your application and after your spouse's medicals, criminality and security are completed, you will be issued a COPR together.

2. If your application has already been approved: Then the only alternative is to file a sponsorship application. During the pendency of the sponsorship application, your spouse can travel to Canada on a visitor's visa and is also eligible for a open work permit until the spousal sponsorship application is approved.

When you add your spouse to your existing application, the CRS score is not re-calculated.

See https://bit.ly/35ZFlpn

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Well you're wrong. It's not like some kind of mercy. They have to proceed with PPRs soon. I'm giving you facts (they lifted restrictions for US-based copr holders) while you give me your guesses.
Yes, and that gives all of us some hope...
But still... they MUST do nothing. You are going to sue them if they don't?
Threat them to withdraw hout application zo they will not get you as a skilled person?

I gave you my guesses, but let me give you a fact now:
There are 100k applications in EE pipeline... If you stop and withdraw your app, they will find another guy with your skills.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also hoping for some action from IRCC! And I'm also not happy with their lack of communication....
But there is nothing you can do to force them doing something they don't really like to do

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Yes, and that gives all of us some hope...
But still... they MUST do nothing. You are going to sue them if they don't?
Threat them to withdraw hout application zo they will not get you as a skilled person?

I gave you my guesses, but let me give you a fact now:
There are 100k applications in EE pipeline... If you stop and withdraw your app, they will find another guy with your skills.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also hoping for some action from IRCC! And I'm also not happy with their lack of communication....
But there is nothing you can do to force them doing something they don't really like to do
You said they didn't have to do anything. Then they do stuff like invite more candidates to apply (69950 till now in 2020 - more than 2019) causing themself a huge backlog. Explain to me this logic. Probably to meet their 2020 goal they come up with at the end of 2019, I don't know...
I can't do much but at least I can be a little more positive and optimistic about the whole thing which I also recommend to you.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal