Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
B
AOR Received.
Nov 18
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Guys, please advise if we all need to apply for GCMS notes? My eligibility and background is in processing since the medical is passed that was December 10. I’m going to complete my 6 months on May 19th. The percentage bar is increasing as May 19 is coming closer. I’m kind confused why they are taking this much long just for the eligibility and background. I hope everything is alright.

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Guys, please advise if we all need to apply for GCMS notes? My eligibility and background is in processing since the medical is passed that was December 10. I’m going to complete my 6 months on May 19th. The percentage bar is increasing as May 19 is coming closer. I’m kind confused why they are taking this much long just for the eligibility and background. I hope everything is alright.

I’m actually in the same situation with you. Tho my 6months timeline completes on May 29th. Meanwhile, I got RPRF request letter on April 1st. I paid the next day and uploaded the receipt. Since then, I haven’t heard from them.

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
I’m actually in the same situation with you. Tho my 6months timeline completes on May 29th. Meanwhile, I got RPRF request letter on April 1st. I paid the next day and uploaded the receipt. Since then, I haven’t heard from them.
I am also in the similar situation. What response you got through Webform..

ckm_01

Mar 13, 2020
Hello Guys,

I got my GCMS notes and need a suggestion about my Foreign work experience points. In notes, everything is ok with Canadian work experience. However, they marked my application as Review Required because of my foreign work experience.
My Situation:
Basically, I have 4 years 2 months of Foreign work experience with two firms.
1. Company_1 (2013-2015)= 1 Year 10 Months, submitted letter of employment with all the required fields except salary, however, I added my paystub and initial offer letter to corroborate my salary info. (As per GCMS notes, everything is fine with this)
2. Company_2 (2011-2013)= 2 years 4 months, Letter of employment missing roles and responsibility. So added a letter from the colleague to write a letter for me with all the required info. Added paystub, service certificate, and initial offer letter as well. (As per GCMS notes, this is marked Review Required because of missing roles and responsibility on the official letter of employment)

Analyst notes - The analyst has put a comments Review Required - Didn't award points for foreign work experience as no description of duties listed on LOE, PLEASE review. and that's making my points below cut-off and making me nervous. Ideally, I should be getting points for at least company_1 (1 year 10 months).

Any suggestions/input? Any red flag?
cc: @legalfalcon

Ric21

Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I had raised a webform. AOR is 9th Nov, Med Passed 9th December. Last time I used a webfrom they said eligibility is valid and security not started. This time everything says currently valid/valid but the agent did not comment on eligibility. VISA office is Ottawa. Can someone comment on the possible status of application @legalfalcon any thoughts? See the reply from IRCC webform below

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

Thanks

NK
Hey,. Just wonder if you got any updated clarification on this. Can anyone help? Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Guys,

I got my GCMS notes and need a suggestion about my Foreign work experience points. In notes, everything is ok with Canadian work experience. However, they marked my application as Review Required because of my foreign work experience.
My Situation:
1. Company_1 (2013-2015)= 1 Year 10 Months, submitted letter of employment with all the required fields except salary, however, I added my paystub and initial offer letter to corroborate my salary info. (As per GCMS notes, everything is fine with this)
2. Company_2 (2011-2013)= 2 years 4 months, Letter of employment missing roles and responsibility. So added a letter from the colleague to write a letter for me with all the required info. Added paystub, service certificate, and initial offer letter as well. (As per GCMS notes, this is marked Review Required because of missing roles and responsibility on the official letter of employment)

Analyst notes - The analyst has put a comments Review Required - Didn't award points for foreign work experience as no description of duties listed on LOE, PLEASE review. and that's making my points below cut-off and making me nervous. Ideally, I should be getting points for at least company_1 (1 year 10 months).

First of a RR by itself is not an issue in itself. It can be for any reason, or simple the analyst or the assistant asking the officer to review the work reference letters before marking the eligibility as passed.

When claiming points for foreign work experience, you have to submit a work reference as per IRCC requirements, which includes job duties. If your job duties are missing, you will not be awarded points for it, which mat affect your CRS score. You have to have a CRS score over the cut-off.

See the cRS grid to see if you may be losing any points: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Reactions: ckm_01

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
First of a RR by itself is not an issue in itself. It can be for any reason, or simple the analyst or the assistant asking the officer to review the work reference letters before marking the eligibility as passed.

When claiming points for foreign work experience, you have to submit a work reference as per IRCC requirements, which includes job duties. If your job duties are missing, you will not be awarded points for it, which mat affect your CRS score. You have to have a CRS score over the cut-off.

See the cRS grid to see if you may be losing any points: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
Hi @legalfalcon
I have a question after reading your comment, if you dont mind. What if that person was nominated by a province (PNP) and for some reason, the officer decided to deduct few points off because the foreign experience employment letter was not sufficient enough. The officer deducts points at the PR stage. Lets assume that. So instead of having approximately 1000 score, that person might have 50 points less. That person still makes it, right?
I am just assuming a worse scenario. What are your thoughts?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I have a question after reading your comment, if you dont mind. What if that person was nominated by a province (PNP) and for some reason, the officer decided to deduct few points off because the foreign experience employment letter was not sufficient enough. The officer deducts points at the PR stage. Lets assume that. So instead of having approximately 1000 score, that person might have 50 points less. That person still makes it, right?
I am just assuming a worse scenario. What are your thoughts?
There are two concepts that you need to understand. The CRS and MEC. You need to meet both, I order to meet the eligibility for PNP.

Also, when you get nominated, you have to meet PNP selection criteria set by the province and also the IRCC criteria. If you CRS score goes down because of you not meeting work experience, you may see a deduction in CRS as well as MEC. As long as you are above the CRS as well as the MEC, you are good.

For MEC see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Metuwidy

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
I have exactly the same timeline as you I’m Nov 19 AOR. If your application is in Sydney CIO the best thing to do is just wait, unlike other visa offices I haven’t seen any updates from applications in Sydney. Best thing to do is apply for a GCMS note.

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
I have exactly the same timeline as you I’m Nov 19 AOR. If your application is in Sydney CIO the best thing to do is just wait, unlike other visa offices I haven’t seen any updates from applications in Sydney. Best thing to do is apply for a GCMS note.
Same for me but my visa office is Edmonton

Reactions: Metuwidy

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Oh really. Actually, mine turned to not applicable the next day after I paid. But since then, there hasn’t been any update. What stream are you on please?
It means your RPRF was accepted. Mine was similar to yours and later when I received the GCMS I saw the day it was changed to Not Applicable is the day it was accepted by the agent.

Reactions: Pandora18

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hello Guys,

My Situation:

when did u apply for the notes? and when did you receive them?

Kkaur07

Mar 16, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
B
AOR Received.
Nov 18
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Yes my application is at Sydney office since medical is passed. Are you ordering GCMS notes? I’m thinking to wait as well on the other side before ordering notes.

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
It means your RPRF was accepted. Mine was similar to yours and later when I received the GCMS I saw the day it was changed to Not Applicable is the day it was accepted by the agent.

Oh really. Please what’s your timeline like? Which stream? And have you heard any update from them since then?