+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Jun 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

We just received our PPR . But I am in a major dilemma.

1. We would not be travelling at this point as we are expecting a baby in April 2022 and I would want that baby to be added to my profile as well. I am planning to raise a webform and inform IRCC about the same right away. Is there any other documents other than the ones mentioned below which will be required to add the baby to application ? I just want to make sure that I have all the documents and its procurement processes ready beforehand so that I can submit the same as soon as possible after he/she is born:

Alternatively, from a process perspective, is it easier to just get the visa done for me and my wife right now, both of us travel after the delivery of the baby (without the baby) and then once we get the PR card, we sponsor for the baby and bring him/her later ?

Fingers crossed and Thank you in advance !

Hasrat123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,

1. We would not be travelling at this point as we are expecting a baby in April 2022 and I would want that baby to be added to my profile as well. I am planning to raise a webform and inform IRCC about the same right away. Is there any other documents other than the ones mentioned below which will be required to add the baby to application ? I just want to make sure that I have all the documents and its procurement processes ready beforehand so that I can submit the same as soon as possible after he/she is born:

Alternatively, from a process perspective, is it easier to just get the visa done for me and my wife right now, both of us travel after the delivery of the baby (without the baby) and then once we get the PR card, we sponsor for the baby and bring him/her later ?

Ur wive can deliver the baby in canada ..

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
i am not sure if this timeline belong to someone here , but i am seeing number of 2019's getting ADR's about POF and medical extensions prior to PPR

from immitracker,
FSW Outland NOC- 0131 CRS- 485
PA + Dependents- 1
Nationality / COR- Spain
VO- Ottawa
AOR- 7 November 2019
Medical passed- 27 November 2019
ADR- Updated PCC
PPR- 4 February 2022

ircc is processing all aor's and it hurts that they aren't following the first come first serve basis, all they care about now is to reduce the processing time to claim the 6 months time period.
Many of y'll will get the ppr's within a couple of months.

Reactions: jerrinjose1991

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

You can only add a child to your application after t is born.

The document list you have is accurate. After your child is born, you can send the documents to IRCC and your current COPR will be cancelled, the file will be reopened and after the documents are processed, new COPRs will be issued to all family members.

Razekk29

Aug 1, 2020
Isnt there a way for us to petition CIC to process applications on a first come first served way (with the exception of those special cases...)? its been too long for 2019 applicants to be bluntly ignored while 2020 and 2021 get their PR...

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Isnt there a way for us to petition CIC to process applications on a first come first served way (with the exception of those special cases...)? its been too long for 2019 applicants to be bluntly ignored while 2020 and 2021 get their PR...
Thinking the same here… there should be something to remind them about applications that are stuck somewhere for ages

Reactions: Maple bonbon Sirop

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Thinking the same here… there should be something to remind them about applications that are stuck somewhere for ages
Unfortunately I really think that petitions are not going to work. They have systemic issues that require years to be addressed and fixed, they will not re-define the way they are working because of a petition. In the past two years a lot of petitions have been presented, but nothing changed and it will not change now, at least not through petitions.
Since the beginning of 2022 they stopped inviting more people and they are focusing on backlogs. As a matter o fact, they aim at reaching their 2022 immigration target with backlogs only (at least for FSW and CEC, while PNP is different). I know it is incredibly annoying and frustrating, but they will process 2019 applications, most likely in the first half of 2022.

Reactions: patiencewearingthin

Razekk29

Aug 1, 2020
Unfortunately I really think that petitions are not going to work. They have systemic issues that require years to be addressed and fixed, they will not re-define the way they are working because of a petition. In the past two years a lot of petitions have been presented, but nothing changed and it will not change now, at least not through petitions.
Since the beginning of 2022 they stopped inviting more people and they are focusing on backlogs. As a matter o fact, they aim at reaching their 2022 immigration target with backlogs only (at least for FSW and CEC, while PNP is different). I know it is incredibly annoying and frustrating, but they will process 2019 applications, most likely in the first half of 2022.
yeah, but from my experience with government issues in brazil, we only get what we want (have the right to) if we keep bothering people... government workers are lazy by nature and only work if they want to get rid of your complains, etc.

That why I am asking... like someone suggested - make some noise...

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
yeah, but from my experience with government issues in brazil, we only get what we want (have the right to) if we keep bothering people... government workers are lazy by nature and only work if they want to get rid of your complains, etc.

That why I am asking... like someone suggested - make some noise...
I understand, I just don't think that petitions are the way to go (and please note that it is a personal opinion): in most of the cases have very little legal base and therefore power to change anything.
I would recommend instead to reach out to Canadian journalists, which can be way more effective in "making noise".
Lastly, you can always file a mandamus and force them to make a decision on your case. Obviously, whether it is a viable option depends on you particular situation and it requires some money.

Jun 21, 2020
You can only add a child to your application after t is born.

The document list you have is accurate. After your child is born, you can send the documents to IRCC and your current COPR will be cancelled, the file will be reopened and after the documents are processed, new COPRs will be issued to all family members.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon on the response! This really helps me a lot in deciding.

So that means I still need to submit the passport and get the COPR stamped now ? (i.e. Can we raise a webform and ask them hold the application until the new baby is born ? so that we don't have to get copr stamped and cancelled first time and get another copr again after the baby is born. Rather, submit all three passports together at the same time after the baby is born and just get one copr stamped ? )

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much @legalfalcon on the response! This really helps me a lot in deciding.

So that means I still need to submit the passport and get the COPR stamped now ? (i.e. Can we raise a webform and ask them hold the application until the new baby is born ? so that we don't have to get copr stamped and cancelled first time and get another copr again after the baby is born. Rather, submit all three passports together at the same time after the baby is born and just get one copr stamped ? )

Surely you can send a webform and inform IRCC.

Khalil1991

Jun 20, 2020

Hello vikas I wonder what have you done with your situation, as I have just received ready for visa email and I am expecting a baby at the end of the month . I dont know what to do so I would appreciate your help.
thank you and congrats

maygirl1705

Jan 25, 2022
Aor nov 22 2019
Remedical request nov 20
Remeds done Dec 16
Remeds passed Dec 29
Nothing since then.
According to gcms, application approved March 2020 and assigned to officer AB14712 (any other person with that officer code?
Hey, any update for you?
or any movement from our officer, AB14712??