+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Greetings. Below is my time line can any one tell me how long it will take from this stage till getting request for passport submission.

1. We received application for permanent residence on September 7, 2018.
  2. We sent correspondence on December 20, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent a letter on February 5, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent correspondence acknowledging receipt application(s) on March 8, 2019.
  7. We started processing application on March 8, 2019.
On march 8 i got an email from london office that they are started working on my application but its been more than 2 months no updates. Over the cic web site its shows in process. Can any one tell me how long it will take from this point untill get PR.
The short answer is....up to 12 months. No one really knows the exact processing times for each visa office. They all vary. Have a look at a thread for the London office to get a better idea of current processing times. But still, every case is different and there is nothing reliable solution or inquiry that can be done to speed it up within the 12 months. Patience is key I’m afraid.
All the best and good luck.

Reactions: aby1098

EandN

Mar 6, 2019
Hey guys, do you need to use mycic or can we just post our documents? We've been asked to submit the last few documents, but mycic doesnt seem to be that easy, so we are thinking of just posting the required documents. Do you think thats best?

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I got PPR for my wife yesterday. ECAS shows Decision Made under Permanent Residence Application Status. However, it does not show any new message when I click on it.

Also, GCKey still says we are processing your background check, we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and your application is in progress.

I received the pre-arrival email on 15th May, background check started the same day. Also, the file is being processed in NDVO. I'm in India right now with my wife and will be submitting her passport today.

There couldn't be any better timing for this update, we had an amazing trip and got the good news while we were on the trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinothku

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Finally Completed Landing on May 17. Thanks to all for sharing timelines and giving suggestions. Spl tks to @JoshC . Thanks for everything
Did you cross the border or book an appointment? Congrats! I’m assuming your wife was already in Canada with you as you sent the PPR to Ottawa?

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
Any updates all those whose files are waiting for transfer?
@ns85 what about you? Have you received your notes yet?
No updates. Still waiting for notes....it hasn't been 30 days yet. I will update here.

What about you? You are over the 6 months mark already no?

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
No updates. Still waiting for notes....it hasn't been 30 days yet. I will update here.

Yes I am. No updates here either. Haven’t yet ordered the notes thinking of doing so...

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Yes I am. No updates here either. Haven’t yet ordered the notes thinking of doing so...
You can order notes as well try calling the agent and if you have crossed the 6 months mark, ask him. to drop an email for the immigration officer to look into your application.

Reactions: Nidajk

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
You can order notes as well try calling the agent and if you have crossed the 6 months mark, ask him. to drop an email for the immigration officer to look into your application.
Actually I’m outside Canada and it’s a bit difficult for me to make the call and they don’t give information to sponsor so my spouse can’t make the call.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Actually I’m outside Canada and it’s a bit difficult for me to make the call and they don’t give information to sponsor so my spouse can’t make the call.
Ask your spouse to call and get on the conference, So basically you will be talking to them. In the mean time do order your notés

Reactions: Nidajk

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019

Got my notes today basically shows file still sitting in Sydney nothing done not even background started...so discouraging after 6 months of waiting:(