+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
Got my notes today basically shows file still sitting in Sydney nothing done not even background started...so discouraging after 6 months of waiting:(
Oh man! that sure is discouraging
Guess we have no choice but to wait. Hope we all hear something soon.

Do the notes show any other details? e.g officer notes/recommendation etc?

Reactions: Nidajk

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Oh man! that sure is discouraging
Guess we have no choice but to wait. Hope we all hear something soon.

Do the notes show any other details? e.g officer notes/recommendation etc?

It just indicates that nothing has been started, not eligibility, not background, and that it shows Mexico as the main office and Sydney and Mississauga are secondary and that was only updated 05/21/2010 lol so I don't know what that means as I applied November 2018. It is disheartening to think six months and nothing. But I am optimistic that my husband will join me soon.

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
It just indicates that nothing has been started, not eligibility, not background, and that it shows Mexico as the main office and Sydney and Mississauga are secondary and that was only updated 05/21/2010 lol so I don't know what that means as I applied November 2018. It is disheartening to think six months and nothing. But I am optimistic that my husband will join me soon.
Oh no that is so so discouraging and shatters all hopes!
I guess it’s safe to assume that updates on gckey regarding bgc and eligibility are just fake!!!:mad:

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Oh no that is so so discouraging and shatters all hopes!
I guess it’s safe to assume that updates on gckey regarding bgc and eligibility are just fake!!!:mad:
I think if they emailed you to say background has started you are safe to say it’s real. Was told they message when it starts.

Reactions: Nidajk

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Can someone please explain ???

So here is my time line

November 19 filed received
Feb 4 medical request
Feb 5 biometric fee request
Feb 7 sponsor approval
Since February everything is just dead silent.

When I login it says:

Medical passed
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility
We are processing you background check
You do not need an interview
You do not need finger print.

The file has not been transferred to any VO!

My question is how come they are not providing when background check has started??? And what is the next step.

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Pretty similar to me. File sent received in November. Medical done in February 22. My husband paid for biometrics somewhere in February too. And after that... No biometrics request and no transfer... we do not know why, but I guess it’s 12 month process so just need to wait.
Where is
Pretty similar to me. File sent received in November. Medical done in February 22. My husband paid for biometrics somewhere in February too. And after that... No biometrics request and no transfer... we do not know why, but I guess it’s 12 month process so just need to wait.
which country are you applying from? And is your file linked too ??

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi,

I'm a new member. Have been following this forum for a while now to know if I am the only one who still hasn't received a file transfer update having finished 6 months since application received by CIC. My timeline is below:

Principal Applicant - Resident in England
21 November 2018 - Application Received by Sydney centre
29 January 2019 - AOR 1
05 February 2019 - Medical Request
07 February 2019 - SA
18 Februaury 2019 - Medical Passed

There has been no update since. Nearing the 6 month mark last week, I enquired CIC regarding the application status via the webform. They replied after 5 days saying the application is in process, there is no further information required from the applicant and that they aim to make a decision as soon as possible. I'm just a bit nervous seeing people who applied around the same time as me (and a few cases where people applied even after me) already getting their PPR. Also, is it normal to not receive a file transfer email?

Opinions appreciated!

Reactions: sveta

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Just identical situation to some people here. And we do not know why for some it’s less time and for some more time before transfer... we were told by immigration call center just to wait.
Here is what I have on cic site:

1-We received your application for permanent residence on November 7, 2018. ( it’s Sydney)
2-We sent you medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3-Medical results have been received.

And medical were received at the end of February. Since then silence. But I am pretty sure they know what they are doing there. Maybe soon we also get transfer, it’s 6 more month left. Plenty of time to process.:)
Oh! That's same like me. I guess we really don't have an option but to wait, unfortunately. Fingers crossed for all of us :)

Reactions: sveta