+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hello experts ,

I got additional document request for following :

Birth certificate

Old school certificate- 5th, and secondary school certificate

Voter id

Although birth certificate was submitted when I sent the file . I know someone from this group got the same request .

Can you please advise if I should send email ( what would be the subject : file number ? ) or CSE ?

Thankyou

waitover

Apr 3, 2019
Hi. There is a change in message on top of progress bar in GCKEY. Anyone knows reason to why has this changed?

Earlier:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

Now:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Shazia0405

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
App. Filed.......
1st November 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
File Transfer...
2nd April 2019
Med's Request
7th March 2019
Med's Done....
13th March 2019
Hi. There is a change in message on top of progress bar in GCKEY. Anyone knows reason to why has this changed?

Earlier:
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

Now:
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.
Hi, I see the same update on my Gckey account.

On researching about this change I read its actually a good sign. When your application touches the 6 months mark that's when you see this change on the gckey.

This is what I learnt about this from some threads on this forms.
Good luck!

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019

Earlier:

Now:
I have 6 months left but it doesn’t say that

tastebuds

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hello experts ,

I got additional document request for following :

Birth certificate

Old school certificate- 5th, and secondary school certificate

Voter id

Although birth certificate was submitted when I sent the file . I know someone from this group got the same request .

Can you please advise if I should send email ( what would be the subject : file number ? ) or CSE ?

Thankyou
Yes File Number

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
I have 6 months left but it doesn’t say that
I
So FYI for people still waiting for file transfer..... I just called them and my file is still in Sydney pending BGC and if it does get transferred it will be to London VO. No redflags or additional info needed which I already knew.
So does that mean background is being done in Sydney? As my husband is at the 6 month mark and still no word.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
So FYI for people still waiting for file transfer..... I just called them and my file is still in Sydney pending BGC and if it does get transferred it will be to London VO. No redflags or additional info needed which I already knew.
What do u mean by ‘if’ it gets transferred there’s a chance it may not? Is it like in queue to be transferred?

This is all just so messed up!! No use then relying on what gckey says about BGC!!!

Reactions: pasqguz

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
What do u mean by ‘if’ it gets transferred there’s a chance it may not? Is it like in queue to be transferred?

This is all just so messed up!! No use then relying on what gckey says about BGC!!!
Depends on the workload.
They called LVO as the secondary visa office. The person I spoke to first time a few weeks back said its possible it may be processed in Canada. Not sure who to believe lol.
I would rather it gets processed in Canada somewhere.

Reactions: pasqguz and Nidajk