+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

amaefiel

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I forgot to mention our landing experience!
It was very simple. Wife landed in Vancouver Airport and I was with her.
The first immigration officer took a look at her passport and COPR and directed us to go towards the "New Immigrants" area after we grab our checked luggage.
Once at the new immigrants area, we left our suitcases outside and went to the new immigrant line inside. There was only 2 people ahead of us.
The immigration officer took our papers and asked us what address she was going to live and what was her email. He gave her a welcome to canada booklet and a pamphlet with information about different services she should enroll in (healthcare, etc). We were then sent to a second line without about 5 people ahead of us.
Once we reached the last immigration officer, she asked a few more questions. I believe they were
- Is this your first marriage?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- Is the address correct?

Very simple. After another 1 minute wait she called us back and said the PR card will come in 2-3 months and congrats you are a permanent resident.
We left and that is all.
The whole thing took about 45min but I can see how it could take hours considering it was pretty much empty when we were there (4pm on a Sunday).

I noticed that when we got the COPR it has instructions to list all belongings being brought into Canada but they never asked us at any point during the landing. You should still bring it just in case.

Good luck again to all.

Wow. thanks for sharing your experience. Do you think they would mind if we have to look at our notes either on paper or on the phone for their questions? LOL like the complete address in Canada which I don't think I will be able to memorize ugh! Anyway, may I ask if you have dpendent?

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
The first immigration officer took a look at her passport and COPR and directed us to go towards the "New Immigrants" area after we grab our checked luggage.
Once at the new immigrants area, we left our suitcases outside and went to the new immigrant line inside. There was only 2 people ahead of us.
The immigration officer took our papers and asked us what address she was going to live and what was her email. He gave her a welcome to canada booklet and a pamphlet with information about different services she should enroll in (healthcare, etc). We were then sent to a second line without about 5 people ahead of us.
Once we reached the last immigration officer, she asked a few more questions. I believe they were

Very simple. After another 1 minute wait she called us back and said the PR card will come in 2-3 months and congrats you are a permanent resident.
We left and that is all.
The whole thing took about 45min but I can see how it could take hours considering it was pretty much empty when we were there (4pm on a Sunday).

I noticed that when we got the COPR it has instructions to list all belongings being brought into Canada but they never asked us at any point during the landing. You should still bring it just in case.

Good luck again to all.
It sounds like YVR is much less complicated than when landing in YYZ! Congrats, very happy to see someone land in such a short amount of time! :)

amry

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015

We left and that is all.

Good luck again to all.
Congrats

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Wow. thanks for sharing your experience. Do you think they would mind if we have to look at our notes either on paper or on the phone for their questions? LOL like the complete address in Canada which I don't think I will be able to memorize ugh! Anyway, may I ask if you have dpendent?
They wouldn't mind.
And yes 1 dependent.

Reactions: amaefiel

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
hey guys, I just received Invitation to Pre-arrival services
does it mean that we will not have an interview?
And how long it usually takes to receive PPR
It means PA passed eligibility however they may still ask for interview as they are doing background checks. Until you receive DM for PA on ECAS, still assume your application is being processed and they may contact you if they need further information, interview, etc....this being said, it does look like a good sign! :)

Reactions: salhen

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
I am not sure why our background check was not 3 months. My only guess is that our application met certain criteria (unknown what it is) to be approved instantly or fairly quickly rather than months. We were a "simple" application (similar age, live together physically for entire duration of relationship, etc)
Yes same here. We lived together 4 yrs in Manila. Married 9 yrs. Together 13 yrs and are not far apart in age. They told me by phone ours is simple and will be done in Mississauga. But I was so surprised by the speed of your timeline

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

john45111

Dec 19, 2012
@JoshC or anyone, i need some inputs from you, if you are aware of this kind of situation.

i'm planning to apply Visitor Visa (just want to try luck). i know medicals is not required for visitor visa less than 6months, but while answering questions when i choose yes for a question which says "have you submitted any medicals since 12 months from a IRCC approved panel of physicians", then its asking me again to give upfront medicals.

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
My question is: how do you know that this is not a PassPort Request (PPR) letter and how do you know that this letter is called a Ready For Visa (RFV) letter?
The name of file is RFV and in the letter they mentioned you have to give passport request letter to vac for gettting visa.

But now I found that there are same.