+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I know but it's nice to get updates what's happening. Rather then sitting wondering. Esp after 7 months.
No updates means there isn't much happening. They are working on BGC or another part of the process (BGC in particular is where things often go dark for quite a while), or the file isn't currently being looked at. Tough I know, but patience is a must.

Reactions: schweisy

Sam1359

Apr 1, 2019
Thanks

Outland Applicant - ( PA from Iran)
Nov 20 - Application sent to Sydney
Jan 26 - AOR1
Feb 13 - Sponsor Approval
Feb 19 - Medical Request
Feb 21- Biometric Fee Request
March 2 - Medicals Done
March 4 - Medicals Passed
March 11 - File Transfer to Vienna VO
March 20 - AOR2
April 11- Biometric request
April 12- Pre-Arrival service
April 17- Biometric done
April 18- RFV letter
April 22- Decision made on PA
congratulations
Mine ( PA ) is from Iran too. it was such a good feeling to see someone from Iran got DM in 5 months. so happy for you. My application was received in December and no news after Medical and Bio fee, hope it doesn’t take that long for us.
Enjoy it

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
congratulations
Mine ( PA ) is from Iran too. it was such a good feeling to see someone from Iran got DM in 5 months. so happy for you. My application was received in December and no news after Medical and Bio fee, hope it doesn’t take that long for us.
Enjoy it
Oh great, Thanks.
I hope you get PPR soon, don’t worry

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
Is this the same as a PassPort Request? Congratulations by the way :)
Thanks,
Since I’m from a country that require a canada visa, I have to send my passport to get visa, but they also mentioned that ‘if you need visa you have to send the following documents with your passport to vac:’

- the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
- the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the
visa office);
- your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
- the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site).’

My question is that :
I didn’t receive passport request letter,
Should I send this RFV letter instead of that? Is it same really?

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
So, worst case scenario, if file does get transferred lets say....7 or 8 months after they receive the app.
Do you guys think chances are it will be completed within 12 month period? or are we looking at another 6 or 7 months after the transfer? My main concern is the 12 month timeline. I really do not want to wait any longer than that.

Reactions: Nidajk

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
So, worst case scenario, if file does get transferred lets say....7 or 8 months after they receive the app.
Do you guys think chances are it will be completed within 12 month period? or are we looking at another 6 or 7 months after the transfer? My main concern is the 12 month timeline. I really do not want to wait any longer than that.
Did you contact them?

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
That’s exactly why I’m hesitating contacting. A webform inquiry might work or may be an email?
You can always try your luck.
I am not sure about the webform. I believe it says on IRCC website that they won't respond if your app is still within 12 months timeline.

Anyone else tried that in here?

ar123

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
That’s exactly why I’m hesitating contacting. A webform inquiry might work or may be an email?
i sent a webform inquiry...n again generic reply that everything's normal with my app... all is in place...they'll let me know in a normal procedure whenever there's a progress

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
i sent a webform inquiry...n again generic reply that everything's normal with my app... all is in place...they'll let me know in a normal procedure whenever there's a progress
So no use sending a webform inquiry!

I have read somewhere on this forum people send emails as well...which id is that?

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
How can you have background done March 7 and decision made March 8? Thst alone tskes 3 months to complete. Weird how it works
I am not sure why our background check was not 3 months. My only guess is that our application met certain criteria (unknown what it is) to be approved instantly or fairly quickly rather than months. We were a "simple" application (similar age, live together physically for entire duration of relationship, etc)

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
I forgot to mention our landing experience!
It was very simple. Wife landed in Vancouver Airport and I was with her.
The first immigration officer took a look at her passport and COPR and directed us to go towards the "New Immigrants" area after we grab our checked luggage.
Once at the new immigrants area, we left our suitcases outside and went to the new immigrant line inside. There was only 2 people ahead of us.
The immigration officer took our papers and asked us what address she was going to live and what was her email. He gave her a welcome to canada booklet and a pamphlet with information about different services she should enroll in (healthcare, etc). We were then sent to a second line without about 5 people ahead of us.
Once we reached the last immigration officer, she asked a few more questions. I believe they were
- Is this your first marriage?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- Is the address correct?

Very simple. After another 1 minute wait she called us back and said the PR card will come in 2-3 months and congrats you are a permanent resident.
We left and that is all.
The whole thing took about 45min but I can see how it could take hours considering it was pretty much empty when we were there (4pm on a Sunday).

I noticed that when we got the COPR it has instructions to list all belongings being brought into Canada but they never asked us at any point during the landing. You should still bring it just in case.

Good luck again to all.

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
My question is that :
I didn’t receive passport request letter,
Should I send this RFV letter instead of that? Is it same really?
My question is: how do you know that this is not a PassPort Request (PPR) letter and how do you know that this letter is called a Ready For Visa (RFV) letter?