+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
Hey Buddy after you submitted additional requested photos, did you see any updates in ECAS before DM was done on your application?
No ecas does not show any change upon additional docs submission. You will see the 'submitted' on GCKey.

tdsw26

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Toronto, ON
hey @JoshC quick question.. I got document request and a deadline till may 2nd.. does this make my bfd 2nd may now?? seend few applications sent to NDVO from Mississauga after document request.. this is so disappointing...
Someone may have already answered this, but our application was transferred to NDVO from Mississauga on April 3rd and we never received any document request, just the letter that said it was transferred for NDVO for further processing. I dont think the doc request has anything to do with whether they decide to transfer or not... it seems random :/

glj18

Oct 15, 2017
Hey all,

My American husband is applying outland but our case is slightly more complicated than most.

He has full documented custody of his child but cannot get his ex to agree to signing the appropriate form. We've already received the request for additional docs and submitted the custody order along with a letter of explanation. Today we received notice that his file was sent to the LA office for further review (was previously sent to CPC-M)

Any ideas on what may happen next? I'm trying to determine whether this is a good or bad thing (good that they didn't just outright deny, I suppose)

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
My hubby got notice of a missed delivery which we're sure is the CoPR but unfortunately, it's not at the post office yet. He's going to pick it up tomorrow though! So it takes about 4 days or so for the CoPR to be delivered one mailed out by the High Commission in London in case there is any other Visa Exempt folk expecting it soon!

Reactions: svilli

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hey all,

My American husband is applying outland but our case is slightly more complicated than most.

He has full documented custody of his child but cannot get his ex to agree to signing the appropriate form. We've already received the request for additional docs and submitted the custody order along with a letter of explanation. Today we received notice that his file was sent to the LA office for further review (was previously sent to CPC-M)

Any ideas on what may happen next? I'm trying to determine whether this is a good or bad thing (good that they didn't just outright deny, I suppose)
My impression from having read some of the thread on the LA office is that American files get sent there only when they need additional investigation or are more complex, as in cases like yours that involve complications with dependent children, or when there are doubts about the legitimacy of the relationship. Unfortunately, I do think the LA office is pretty slow, due to the fact that it's primarily dealing with more complicated cases, so in that sense it's too bad you won't be able to go through CPC-M. That said, I think you'll probably get a better idea of what to expect if you poke around on the Los Angeles VO thread yourself. The situation with the ex sounds really frustrating! Good luck to you!

Shazia0405

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
App. Filed.......
1st November 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
File Transfer...
2nd April 2019
Med's Request
7th March 2019
Med's Done....
13th March 2019
My file too transferred to NDVO on 2nd april. But luckily i hadnt received any documents request.
And also sponsorship app status is shown decision made but permanent residence app status is in process as seen on cic website. Urs is same??
That's a good question, we don't know how to link or check what the sponsor application says, I (PA) linked my application and I also use the online tool link to check status frequently.

IT will be a great help if you can share how to check sponsors application status

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
Hey guys,
Question: If BGC already started processing under GCKey but PA's ECAS doesn't have a line showing they started processing the application on XX date...any idea if it means they have started processing PA application or not?

Reactions: Nidajk

Shazia0405

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
App. Filed.......
1st November 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
File Transfer...
2nd April 2019
Med's Request
7th March 2019
Med's Done....
13th March 2019
My file too transferred to NDVO on 2nd april. But luckily i hadnt received any documents request.
And also sponsorship app status is shown decision made but permanent residence app status is in process as seen on cic website. Urs is same??
H

Hi Manu,

Thanks I wasn't aware that even my husband can check status from his end, we Googled it just now and found how he can check the sponsorship status.

Yes, it is same we are sailing in the same boat. IT says decision made on his (sponsor's) online tool and on mine it still reads in process.

Keep us updated if you see any progress. Hope we all will get good news very soon.

Best of luck too all