+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hey guys,
Question: If BGC already started processing under GCKey but PA's ECAS doesn't have a line showing they started processing the application on XX date...any idea if it means they have started processing PA application or not?
It's complicated... for a bunch of us recent applicants, BGC has shown as processing from the very beginning (i.e. when we first linked the application), so it seems like maybe the Canadian side does start ~something~ on their end now? But on the other hand, if you don't have the line 2 on ECAS it's a pretty good indicator that they haven't really started work on your application, as you only get that once it's been sent to your VO and they've received it, and your VO is the one who does the work of checking the relationship eligibility, verifying the background checks, etc. The one exception to this seems to be when it gets fully processed in Mississauga -- I believe they don't always update ECAS with line 2. :confused:

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
My hubby has successfully got the CoPR from the post today! He got 2 copies of the CoPR which had one of the photos that was requested attached to it, the second one without. So I guess that's why they wanted the photos for that part, again he is Visa Exempt so he didn't require a passport to be sent. He also got a copy of the letter that was in the GCKEY advising we've been approved for PR to bring with him. So the PR journey ends here for me (not for hubby cuz he still has to work on landing stuff)! I'll still lurk the forums in case there is a question I can answer, best of luck to all Nov 2018 applicants! :D

Last edited:

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
My hubby has successfully got the CoPR from the post today! He got 2 copies of the CoPR which had one of the photos that was requested attached to it, the second one without. So I guess that's why they wanted the photos for that part, again he is Visa Exempt so he didn't require a passport to be sent. He also got a copy of the letter that was in the GCKEY advising we've been approved for PR to bring with him. So the PR journey ends here for me (not for hubby cuz he still has to work on landing stuff)! I'll still lurk the forums in case there is a question I can answer, best of luck to all Nov 2018 applicants! :D
CONGRATS!!

Reactions: amry and chikki282

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Any update today on the progress folks ?

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
It's complicated... for a bunch of us recent applicants, BGC has shown as processing from the very beginning (i.e. when we first linked the application), so it seems like maybe the Canadian side does start ~something~ on their end now? But on the other hand, if you don't have the line 2 on ECAS it's a pretty good indicator that they haven't really started work on your application, as you only get that once it's been sent to your VO and they've received it, and your VO is the one who does the work of checking the relationship eligibility, verifying the background checks, etc. The one exception to this seems to be when it gets fully processed in Mississauga -- I believe they don't always update ECAS with line 2. :confused:
So sydney by no means will complete the process, a transfer is mandatory for the processing of the file either to Mississauga or the local VO? And in that case any idea why you think files are lying in Sydney for quite some time for a few of us after medicals passed and not moving anywhere?

Last edited:

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Congrats! We were received date twins and I wish I was celebrating as well.
Good luck with the landing! Any info on the interview once in Canada would be appreciated I think for lots of us. Congrats again and best wishes you you both for a long and happy life together!

Reactions: chikki282

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Do sydney by no means will complete the process, a transfer is mandatory for the processing of the file either to Mississauga or the local VO? And in that case any idea why you think files are lying in Sydney for quite some time for a few of us after medicals passed and not moving anywhere?
If Sydney were to process them completely, that would be a brand new thing -- up to now they have always transferred them to Mississauga or to a local VO. Not saying it's impossible, but it definitely has not been an option in the past so it would have to be a very new change.

I can only speculate on why files are still lying in Sydney -- for some people, it's clearly because their VO is so backlogged it takes forever to forward it (all the people going through Mexico VO are in this situation). More recently we've seen it with some Indian applicants, and I have no clue why this is -- in that case it could be something as simple as, say, one out of every five applications is held to send to New Delhi or it could be something as complicated as there being some delay with getting a response on a background check. Mississauga has also been sent so many applications in recent months I wouldn't be surprised if they're starting to get more backed up too.

Whatever it is, I can only imagine how frustrating being in that position would be. At least the Mexico VO applicants know WHY, but for everyone else it seems to be a mystery for now. :(

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Not sure if it's that interesting, but we got a ghost update today. We're not going through CPC-M though, so I'm not sure I put much stock in it having any big significance.

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
So sydney by no means will complete the process, a transfer is mandatory for the processing of the file either to Mississauga or the local VO? And in that case any idea why you think files are lying in Sydney for quite some time for a few of us after medicals passed and not moving anywhere?
I am in the same boat. Just , is your spouse/PA have multiple PCCs submitted or have a travel history ?

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
If Sydney were to process them completely, that would be a brand new thing -- up to now they have always transferred them to Mississauga or to a local VO. Not saying it's impossible, but it definitely has not been an option in the past so it would have to be a very new change.

I can only speculate on why files are still lying in Sydney -- for some people, it's clearly because their VO is so backlogged it takes forever to forward it (all the people going through Mexico VO are in this situation). More recently we've seen it with some Indian applicants, and I have no clue why this is -- in that case it could be something as simple as, say, one out of every five applications is held to send to New Delhi or it could be something as complicated as there being some delay with getting a response on a background check. Mississauga has also been sent so many applications in recent months I wouldn't be surprised if they're starting to get more backed up too.

Whatever it is, I can only imagine how frustrating being in that position would be. At least the Mexico VO applicants know WHY, but for everyone else it seems to be a mystery for now. :(
@schweisy Regarding the backlogged VO , I was thinking the same until now . But I am seeing a lot of apps getting transferred from Mississauga to New Delhi VO after the FT in Feb . and the apps (including mine) still stays in Sydney . I dont think the backlog is the issue here ! :/

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
@schweisy Regarding the backlogged VO , I was thinking the same until now . But I am seeing a lot of apps getting transferred from Mississauga to New Delhi VO after the FT in Feb . and the apps (including mine) still stays in Sydney . I dont think the backlog is the issue here ! :/
Yeah, it really is mysterious (and frustrating). It's hard to tell if there's something all your applications have in common or if it's a completely separate/random phenomenon (e.g. what if they have started some pilot project where they are testing doing more of the processing in Sydney and we just don't know it?). It's definitely still possible it's not a bad thing/won't slow you down as much as you might fear, so I would try to hold out hope!

ryanfmartin

Dec 4, 2018
My undertaking appplication in Quebec for family sponsorship was sent back to me because my credit card was declined for security reasons—which is infuriating but not anyone’s fault but mine I guess. I’ve already communicated with CIC and was granted an extension for my application there. My question is if it’s okay to simply send back my original application with updated payment information and assurances from my bank that the transaction won’t be declined. Any informed opinion is helpful.

Thanks!

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Yeah, it really is mysterious (and frustrating). It's hard to tell if there's something all your applications have in common or if it's a completely separate/random phenomenon (e.g. what if they have started some pilot project where they are testing doing more of the processing in Sydney and we just don't know it?). It's definitely still possible it's not a bad thing/won't slow you down as much as you might fear, so I would try to hold out hope!
I seen somewhere in the forum that the call center agent told the same. Like ' the app an be completely processed in Sydney' !!

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I seen somewhere in the forum that the call center agent told the same. Like ' the app an be completely processed in Sydney' !!
Yeah, I've seen that too, but I take it with a grain of salt. It's hard to really know if people are misunderstanding the call centre agent (who is maybe just being kind of vague or not understanding the question), if the call centre agents themselves are misinformed, or if they really are stating definitively they could be processed completely in Sydney from now on. I guess the only way to really find out is to see what happens with you all as a group. You're the trailblazers for everyone else, unfortunately!