+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
How stressful, my GCKey did say "Your application has updated" and said they're reviewing my documents, however now it says "Your action is required" but there's no new message?
That is a ghost update. That means it's currently being worked on, it'll be updated once they've finished reviewing the docs!

notpudding

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
That is a ghost update. That means it's currently being worked on, it'll be updated once they've finished reviewing the docs!
Hope so. I had to send additional documentation and it seemed fine so I hope I don't need to send more cause that was a lot of content I sent in one big PDF.

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Sigh. No updates!!! I have yet to be transferred to Mexico VO - but apparently with Mexico it's par for the course. Almost 1 month since medicals passed and no sign of anything starting in ECAS....

For us PA has not lived anywhere else - ever. And we have one police check. Still no transfer. I feel like there is no pattern to any of this. o_O;):)

I am in the same boat still no word if file transferred to Mexico or any update since medical passed. Here's hoping we get something soon.

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Sigh. No updates!!! I have yet to be transferred to Mexico VO - but apparently with Mexico it's par for the course. Almost 1 month since medicals passed and no sign of anything starting in ECAS....

For us PA has not lived anywhere else - ever. And we have one police check. Still no transfer. I feel like there is no pattern to any of this. o_O;):)
Same here no travelling at all...

heavenssecret

Feb 16, 2019
Question, did anyone who got a PPR and is an American Applicant have issues finding a courier to send the pre-paid self addressed Envelope to Canada?

We had a hell of a time and the only solution we found was via Fed-Ex. I had to sign up for an account and basically I sent a reusable envelope with our account number for them to charge (International Shipping label) when they send it back. I hope this works. I really wasn't sure what else we could do other than buying stamps from Canada post and making our own self-address envelope.
I had it sent from my place in Canada. I figured it would be quicker. it only took 2-3 days to get it back from them.

heavenssecret

Feb 16, 2019
This sounds like PPR not CoPR. PPR is passport request in which you have to send off passport/passport photo's and a copy of the email they send you. CoPR is what you receive back from the VO after they receive these documents.
yes I know that and the question was about the form which I got emailed to me to send back to them so they could mail me my copr.

amaefiel

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I am in the same boat still no word if file transferred to Mexico or any update since medical passed. Here's hoping we get something soon.
The same goes withmy application. Had the medicals done on March 11 though I can see that they started processing my application but no emails, no other updates even just a notification that we passed the medical exam. :(

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
yes I know that and the question was about the form which I got emailed to me to send back to them so they could mail me my copr.
Actually it was this message below that I was responding to as the question was about CoPR, which is why I answered the way I did.

Congrats!

Was the CoPR emailed or mailed to you? If emailed, it's just a matter of printing it out?
it was emailed to me. I had to mail the form back with copy of passport and photos.

hs2014

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
16-sep-2016
Nomination.....
16-feb-2016
AOR Received.
25-April-2017
Reactions: tirath9792

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hope so. I had to send additional documentation and it seemed fine so I hope I don't need to send more cause that was a lot of content I sent in one big PDF.
My situation is similar to yours. Add docs under review since 1 day. Hope they do not ask for any other docs.

DouglasDylane

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Congratulations. Can you explain what a ghost update is? :)
Thanks and sorry for the late answer. A ghost update is when Gckey says "Your action is required" but when you click on it there is nothing new in your app. It usually means they are working on your app and something is about to change. For me it was AOR2 so the start of the process. Hope it helps :)

DouglasDylane

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
My hubby got this same instruction:

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x
30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier
envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a
Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking
number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able
to track receipt via the website of the courier company.

Does this mean he use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope for when they mail back the CoPR so we can track it? Also, Did you manage to sort out the problem for the mycic? My hubby is gonna try to upload his Appendix A and photocopy of passport tonight.

You got really clear instructions that's good, I didn't get anything about an envelope but I will add one like you, no stamps, just my name. That can't hurt the process.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
I had it sent from my place in Canada. I figured it would be quicker. it only took 2-3 days to get it back from them.
I guess I could've done that to my moms, but being we're both in the US, it made more sense to do it this way.

UPS was horrible, basically rude to us about it. Said no one could help us and that we would have to forward it to a Canadian address and have a person from Canada send it. It was horrible. FedEx was right on the ball and seem to know what they were talking about so heres hoping lol.

Reactions: schweisy and JoshC