+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

mukmuk

Mar 7, 2019
Hi everyone,
I just got PPR and checked the ecas, it says DM!
this is my first post but i always check this forum and this group saved me a lot!
so for those who are disappointed with the stupid status bar (mine also said “will take 8 months), don’t worry!
let me share my timeline...

PA: Japan
Nov 13 App sent
Nov 16 App received
Jan 21 Police Certificate RQ
Feb 5 Medical RQ
Feb 7 SA
Feb 19 Police Certificates received
Feb 25 Medical passed
Mar 7 PPR and ecas says DM

I didn’t get any AOR, VO transfer, and struggled to link online account...but after all, my process was fast enough than I expected!

Hope everyone’s luck as well!

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hi everyone,
this is my first post but i always check this forum and this group saved me a lot!
so for those who are disappointed with the stupid status bar (mine also said “will take 8 months), don’t worry!

Nov 13 App sent
Nov 16 App received
Feb 5 Medical RQ
Feb 7 SA
Feb 25 Medical passed

I didn’t get any AOR, VO transfer, and struggled to link online account...but after all, my process was fast enough than I expected!

Out of interest. When you go to ECAS, what does the detail under the sponsor say? It should say what date they sent correspondence for your AOR, and the same under the PA’s section. Would be good to better understand your timelines.

Congrats too!

mukmuk

Mar 7, 2019
Out of interest. When you go to ECAS, what does the detail under the sponsor say? It should say what date they sent correspondence for your AOR, and the same under the PA’s section. Would be good to better understand your timelines.

Congrats too!
Hi JoshC,
I am sorry i’m not sure what you mean and how to check to answer your question...
I am PA, and I didn’t get AOR at all. First correspondence from CIC was Police certificate RQ which has APP #.
I haven’t recieved Pre-arrival letter nor file transfer notice. (But PPR is from Missisauga, WAS Sydney )
so I guess mine doesn’t follow the regular? timeline.
hope this helps

PS Thanks a lot!! ;)

Reactions: karthik_kv

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hi JoshC,
I am sorry i’m not sure what you mean and how to check to answer your question...
I am PA, and I didn’t get AOR at all. First correspondence from CIC was Police certificate RQ which has APP #.
I haven’t recieved Pre-arrival letter nor file transfer notice. (But PPR is from Missisauga, WAS Sydney )
so I guess mine doesn’t follow the regular? timeline.
hope this helps

PS Thanks a lot!! ;)
When you log in to ECAS with the sponsor's details you can see your name (Principal applicant) and then two bits that will in your case say decision made. When you click into them, they'll show more detail about your application.

In the sponsor section, you'll have a date that they sent your acknowledgment of receipt, that's when they should have sent your AOR (that would go to the sponsor). In the PA bit, you'll see the same message, this is your AOR2 but will have a date closer to February I'd guess. If you can share them, then you'll have a full timeline. :D

Reactions: svilli and schweisy

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

Nov 13 App sent
Nov 16 App received
Feb 5 Medical RQ
Feb 7 SA
Feb 25 Medical passed

Congrats.
This is encouraging to see....but seems like an anomaly.

Reactions: mukmuk

mukmuk

Mar 7, 2019
When you log in to ECAS with the sponsor's details you can see your name (Principal applicant) and then two bits that will in your case say decision made. When you click into them, they'll show more detail about your application.

In the sponsor section, you'll have a date that they sent your acknowledgment of receipt, that's when they should have sent your AOR (that would go to the sponsor). In the PA bit, you'll see the same message, this is your AOR2 but will have a date closer to February I'd guess. If you can share them, then you'll have a full timeline. :D
hi again,
wow thanks all the details!
but then maybe what i thought “ecas” wasn’t the “ecas” i guess...cuz i don’t see any details from that.
ecas isn’t the same “online status check”?!

i linked my account using bank account(should be GCKEY”, right?) and the online status check...those are only two websites which i was using for check my application.
all correspondence came to my email address except SA (to my sponsor, he didn’t get anything except this)

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
hi again,
wow thanks all the details!
but then maybe what i thought “ecas” wasn’t the “ecas” i guess...cuz i don’t see any details from that.
ecas isn’t the same “online status check”?!

i linked my account using bank account(should be GCKEY”, right?) and the online status check...those are only two websites which i was using for check my application.
all correspondence came to my email address except SA (to my sponsor, he didn’t get anything except this)
ECAS is the online status checker:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

When you log in, you should see:

If you click the decision made bit on either side it should take you to a page that looks like this:

Disregard the red box there as it's just an old image. On both sections there should be a part that says:

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2019."

The one under Sponsorship will be AOR1, the one under PA will be AOR2.

Reactions: schweisy

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
Reactions: JoshC

nina0304

Jan 27, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Med's Request
31-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Congrats & timeline please!
Thanks! :)

Here's My timeline
App received - Nov 7
Aor - Dec 20
SA - Dec 21
File Transfer to Miss - Dec 28
Medical Request - Dec 31
Medical Done - Jan 11
Medical passed - Jan 21
Additional Docs - Feb 28
Submitted docs - March 2
BGC/review of additional docs - (March 6)
DM under PR application - March 7

Reactions: chikki282 and JoshC

mukmuk

Mar 7, 2019
ECAS is the online status checker:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

When you log in, you should see:

If you click the decision made bit on either side it should take you to a page that looks like this:

Disregard the red box there as it's just an old image. On both sections there should be a part that says:

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2019."

The one under Sponsorship will be AOR1, the one under PA will be AOR2.
okay thanks again with screenshots as well.
so this was ecas, but i really don’t have aor mentions at all tho.

my above timeline is all and this screenshots from ecas saying DM on the first page but not inside the link...
how confusing