+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
I hear ya -- as happy as I am for my "forummates," it was a bit of a bummer to log in today and see the sheer number of Mississauga transfers when we've received nothing! Maybe we'll hear something once PA's medical is done (in approximately 329 years), but I'm not holding my breath either.

Anyway, I strongly doubt it has anything to do with them believing in your relationship or not -- I'm sure it has something to do with the VO itself (my guess is that the background checks are too difficult to do from Canada so they need to be done locally). It's disappointing in terms of the processing time, but I wouldn't worry beyond that! And you're still making progress, as unsatisfying as it feels today!
Unfort I wish that was the case. I’ve been reading through the Moroccan thread on here and it seems it has a lot to do with them questioning the validity of mixed marriages and marriage fraud. Almost everyone has to go through the interview process and has an obsene amount of additional docs requested. One couple even had the visa officer go through the spouse’s phone at the interview to read msgs between them! A great number of applicants from there are denied. For any number of reasons...from there wasn’t pictures of food at ur celebration to you don’t talk enough hours in the day. It’s actually insane. I almost wish I hadn’t gotten the email...if there would be a possibility of it going to Mississauga. Sadly I’ll probably still be waiting here looong after all of your spouses are safely landed in Canada.
I hope you’ll get sent to Mississauga like everyone else and not have to go through what we’re about to. :(

maxprostomax

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Unfort I wish that was the case. I’ve been reading through the Moroccan thread on here and it seems it has a lot to do with them questioning the validity of mixed marriages and marriage fraud.
I hope you’ll get sent to Mississauga like everyone else and not have to go through what we’re about to. :(
You should be more positive. People only from certain countries can be processed in Mississauga. Only a small portion of all applicants. I've seen people from India, Uk, USA today.
If your marriage is real don't stress out.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Unfort I wish that was the case. I’ve been reading through the Moroccan thread on here and it seems it has a lot to do with them questioning the validity of mixed marriages and marriage fraud. Almost everyone has to go through the interview process and has an obsene amount of additional docs requested. One couple even had the visa officer go through the spouse’s phone at the interview to read msgs between them! A great number of applicants from there are denied. For any number of reasons...from there wasn’t pictures of food at ur celebration to you don’t talk enough hours in the day. It’s actually insane. I almost wish I hadn’t gotten the email...if there would be a possibility of it going to Mississauga. Sadly I’ll probably still be waiting here looong after all of your spouses are safely landed in Canada.
Ugh, I'm really sorry to hear that :(. I was going to say that my alternative theory was that perhaps there's a lot of (suspected) marriage fraud from your VO, so they are hyper diligent about PAs from there, but didn't mention it because I was hoping that wasn't the case. It's probably the coldest of comfort, but based on what you describe it sounds like there was never much chance it would go to Mississauga either way.

The one and only positive I would take from your situation is that you know now what to expect and can start gathering your documents and proof ahead of time just in case (but hopefully you don't even need it!). It really sucks when your relationship is true but you just happen to be from a country that they are uniformly more suspicious of.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Other posters have said there are cases that get through Rabat faster -- I will keep up the hope that you end up among those lucky few!

DouglasDylane

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Guys our file was transferred to Mississauga too today. Any idea what is the average time after transfer to get ppr? Our biometrics are done and completed but medical will be done this Friday.
Background and eligibility already started few weeks back.

Big hug to Laura for your file sent to Rabbat, I hope it gets finalized really quick!

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Ugh, I'm really sorry to hear that :(. I was going to say that my alternative theory was that perhaps there's a lot of (suspected) marriage fraud from your VO, so they are hyper diligent about PAs from there, but didn't mention it because I was hoping that wasn't the case. It's probably the coldest of comfort, but based on what you describe it sounds like there was never much chance it would go to Mississauga either way.

The one and only positive I would take from your situation is that you know now what to expect and can start gathering your documents and proof ahead of time just in case (but hopefully you don't even need it!). It really sucks when your relationship is true but you just happen to be from a country that they are uniformly more suspicious of.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Other posters have said there are cases that get through Rabat faster -- I will keep up the hope that you end up among those lucky few!
Thank you so very much for your, and everyone in this forums support! I very much appreciate it!
My husband and I ofc will prepare everything we have and hope for the best always....and yes, keep our fingers crossed.
xoxo

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hi guys is there anyone here who's PA is from Philippines and got an email that file was moved in Manila visa office from Sydney?? I wonder how long it takes when it's processed there

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Someone decided to pretty much wreck the November tracker last night, removing the conditional formatting and for some reason made @nmk details size 18 font:

Can I stress please don't try to change anything unless you know what you're doing, it's not time-consuming to fix but it makes it harder for others to follow timelines.

Also, for those changing their timelines to AOR2, you're still technically waiting for the VO to receive your file, once they've confirmed receipt, that is AOR2.

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
Hi guys is there anyone here who's PA is from Philippines and got an email that file was moved in Manila visa office from Sydney?? I wonder how long it takes when it's processed there
It actually depends. Some October apps who got transferred to MVO got their PPR this month.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@JoshC any insight on this if u can?
I'd be very disappointed if they returned your application for that. You've provided an email for your father and have followed the correct process by putting N/A in a slot that would otherwise be left blank. I've searched through the forums last night looking for any other instances of this and can't see anything so I'd side with that poor person having a particularly fussy agent working on their case. :(

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Someone decided to pretty much wreck the November tracker last night, removing the conditional formatting and for some reason made @nmk details size 18 font:

Can I stress please don't try to change anything unless you know what you're doing, it's not time-consuming to fix but it makes it harder for others to follow timelines.

Also, for those changing their timelines to AOR2, you're still technically waiting for the VO to receive your file, once they've confirmed receipt, that is AOR2.
Removed :)

Reactions: JoshC