+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I don't think it's a matter of them not believing you, I think it's more likely that in our situation that LVO may have too many applications to handle and our application is straightforward enough for them to think Mississauga can handle it? Maybe the Rabat VO are still accepting applications because they are not too busy....this is just what I think but I'm not sure tbh. But at least it's on the way and who knows, maybe it will take less than 12 months!
I really want to have an insight on what constitutes a straight forward case and I mean not the process of them dealing with the application but the actual scenario between the spouses

maxprostomax

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Annnnd there goes my good luck. We’ve been sent to Rabat instead of Mississauga. Ugh. I haven’t been able to find any info in any of the formus for their timeline. But it won’t be Mississauga fast I’m sure. Congrats to all of you who got chosen.
I 've seen in excel stats, Rabat is pretty fast, you can double check it. And UK is pretty slow, probably loaded with apps.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Yup...mass exodus. I wish we were going to Miss too lol. Does anyone have any idea on the timeframes for apps going through Rabat. I’ve tried searching the forums and only could see posts from like 2015, not really relevant. I feel like I’m in for a full term 12 month wait now :(
Also, I’m guessing we didn’t get sent to Mississauga cause our case wasn’t “easy”. So should I expect to have to provide more proof soon? Should my husband have his own proof ready for an interview?
Thanks all
The amount of people transferred there today makes me think we’ll probably end up bottlenecked there anyway :p

Reactions: tastebuds

chikki282

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
28-03-2019
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-06-2019
I really want to have an insight on what constitutes a straight forward case and I mean not the process of them dealing with the application but the actual scenario between the spouses
I'm honestly not sure but I imagine for our particular situation it may have to do with our past application we did for conjugal sponsorship (long story) in 2016. In that case, my hubby and I weren't married at that time but the LVO officer said while they believed our relationship was genuine (we supplied a lot of proof from our travels) and that we were engaged to be married, they were sure our application would be refused due to the fact there was nothing legally barring us from being together. They still gave us opportunity to submit more documents for our application but withdrew it in the end and decided to reapply after we got married.

We got married, had the ceremony and got marriage certificate, collected lots of proof that we're financially dependent on each other, he lived with me for 6 months last year and collected lots of proof of that, received lots of testament letters from family and friends on both sides, etc. I even included a ticket stub from Tokyo Disneyland I still have from when my hubby and I had our first ever date lol After that we submitted this current application with all the proof.

I can't say this is what they consider straight forward but this was our scenario! I'm sure it didn't hurt that the last officer who looked at our application believed our relationship to be genuine.

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
I 've seen in excel stats, Rabat is pretty fast, you can double check it. And UK is pretty slow, probably loaded with apps.
I FINALLY found a thread for Rabat apps. Seems most are waiting minimum a year from when Rabat received it. All of them have been requested a boat load of additional proof. All had to have an interview where more proof was asked for.
And then quite a few were denied.

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Hi Folks, Mine got transferred to Mississauga too and my time line is as outlined below

App Received (Sydney): Nov 23, 2018
AOR1: Feb 4, 2019 2019
SA letter: Feb 18, 2019
Med request:
Feb 20, 2019
Med passed: Feb 22, 2019
Moved to VO: Feb 27 ,2019 (CPC Mississauga )

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
HI All, new to forum just replied don't know how to post new threads... sorry. Hope someone can help me .
Application received November 13, 2018
I'm the sponsor my spouse is outside Canada
Applicant ( my spouse ) received letter of acknowledgement on Jan 18/2019 along in the letter they requested police certificate from another country she has lived into other than her country of origin. We did send police certificate for country of origin with the application. This request came for additional information.
I received this letter on Jan 22nd on Jan 22nd
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)"
Would that be what you call the SA? if it isn't how long does it take to get my SA?
Police Certificate from other country was sent Monday and received yesterday Feb 27th. I linked the application on myCIC today and it says : We are processing your application.,..... My question is, how long does it take to get the SA? I checked on the November 2018 outland I saw that most people have received their SA and a lot have also received their medical... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

snorth

Aug 25, 2018
Spouse sponsorship Outland - USA

Application Received: November 23rd
AOR: February 6th
SA: February 18th
MR: February 19th
MR completed : February 22d (no word on if it's been received yet, we were told 5 business days)
VO Transfer: February 27th (Mississauga)

Reactions: Lveb

maxprostomax

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I FINALLY found a thread for Rabat apps. Seems most are waiting minimum a year from when Rabat received it. All of them have been requested a boat load of additional proof. All had to have an interview where more proof was asked for.
And then quite a few were denied.
Hmm I'm not sure, i just saw here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=1198672673

There is an applicant from Sept already got his decision made in 60 days after the application was received.

Reactions: schweisy

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Wow literally everyone but us. I actually wanna cry now. Does it mean they don’t believe us?
I hear ya -- as happy as I am for my "forummates," it was a bit of a bummer to log in today and see the sheer number of Mississauga transfers when we've received nothing! Maybe we'll hear something once PA's medical is done (in approximately 329 years), but I'm not holding my breath either.

Anyway, I strongly doubt it has anything to do with them believing in your relationship or not -- I'm sure it has something to do with the VO itself (my guess is that the background checks are too difficult to do from Canada so they need to be done locally). It's disappointing in terms of the processing time, but I wouldn't worry beyond that! And you're still making progress, as unsatisfying as it feels today!

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
I 've read here that once your file is in London, avg time is 250 days to process. Some cases can be done much faster.

How come your certificate expired so fast? Isn't it good for 6 or12 months?
I applied in August and got the certificate made before that so even counting from august it as been more than 6 months already.