+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Hello everyone,
Is there any 2018 Inland Alberta applicant, still waiting on on there PR through the Calgary Immigration Office and what is the latest update?
Thank you

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yes I am. No update since last year may.
This makes me wonder if the office close or even if they are still processing 2018 spousal sponsorship application, because I also haven't gotten any update since last year June, and I also know of many other applicants as well, still waiting for an update.

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Applicants in July 2019 are here. As far as I know, 20% of the applications will take more time because they think this part of the application has "defects", such as lack of support or more verification, but in the end still will get a DM. My application is also in the 20%. They said that they have received all the necessary documents, but still waiting for their review. No one has opened the document since February. How long will someone handle it? Really No one knows, no one can ask them to deal with it as soon as possible.

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Applicants in July 2019 are here. As far as I know, 20% of the applications will take more time because they think this part of the application has "defects", such as lack of support or more verification, but in the end still will get a DM. My application is also in the 20%. They said that they have received all the necessary documents, but still waiting for their review. No one has opened the document since February. How long will someone handle it? Really No one knows, no one can ask them to deal with it as soon as possible.
but does your case has anything special or different from most simple cases?

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
but does your case has anything special or different from most simple cases?
The complete application is no different. OWP was approved in October just like other July applicants. The medical examination was completed in December 2020, and SA was completed in February 2020. No red flags were seen when ordering gcms.

In December, the 5669 form was resent, because the previous 5669 form had a gap, that's it. But after February, no one has seen my case, gcms shows that the status is exactly the same from February to July, and the criminal review is in progress.

Webfrom’s reply has been saying that the responsible office has received all the necessary documents and will notify once the results are available, which has been the case from March to now.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Congratulations, what province and city your application was processed in?
Thank you
Montreal's office. This office didn't require appointments for landing. Before the pandemic, they would email you the letter that authorized you to enter the building anytime you wanted to. Because of the pandemic, we were part of those that just received the CoPR without being interviewed (some get phone interviews).

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
But you still need to go to office to see a agent that can do landing. I did same for my mom.
During COVID-19, they waved that. They simply emailed us our CoPRs. Sometimes, depending on the situation, they call to interview the person by phone. For us, it was simply an email. We never went to Montreal's office for landing. But again, this was in May, in the middle of the pandemic panic.