+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
When do they transfer after assessing a eligibility of sponser.
Because they are doubting PA's eligibility, there is red flags or security issues
Did the PA ever overstay in Canada or has a history of applying to immigrate to Canada before sponsorship?
How long have you been dating/know each other for before getting married/living common law?
May I ask what's the PA's country of origin?
Anything can be the reason and you gotta tell us so we can guide you

VanCity604

May 10, 2019
I'm November 2018 Inland applicant under common law sponsorship.
I received an E-Mail today stating that our sponsorship application has been approved!

When I check my status online it says 'decision made'
In the e mail it also says 'The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly'

What does this exactly mean? I know it's good news, but does it mean this is all over now? Or just that I'm approved in principal and there is more waiting to do?
Also what does SA stand for?

What are the next steps from here on out?

Thanks you!

Reactions: Suze7982

Slamdunk

Mar 2, 2015
November 15 applicant here. We have been waiting for OWP but no response. We contacted IRCC but they told us to wait for AIP because the applications were received on different dates. Apparently, someone could not do the simple job of clicking the correct date (date on OWP application is Nov 8). Sent mail to IRCC last week, they got back to us 2 days ago saying they have noticed the error and have forwarded it to the appropriate office. Today sponsor received AIP, so we checked ecas and both sponsor and PA says decision made. Called the phone service (as we were unable to link the application online) and it says background check in progress (same for 2 months now). What does the double DM mean? Thanks

Leking1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
November 15 applicant here. We have been waiting for OWP but no response. We contacted IRCC but they told us to wait for AIP because the applications were received on different dates. Apparently, someone could not do the simple job of clicking the correct date (date on OWP application is Nov 8). Sent mail to IRCC last week, they got back to us 2 days ago saying they have noticed the error and have forwarded it to the appropriate office. Today sponsor received AIP, so we checked ecas and both sponsor and PA says decision made. Called the phone service (as we were unable to link the application online) and it says background check in progress (same for 2 months now). What does the double DM mean? Thanks
Your app is pretty much done. You will receive SA AIP and landing in few days to few weeks.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
We got a request for a police clearance from Hong Kong (you can't do it without a request letter from CIC, so couldn't do it upfront) so it'll be about a month until we can have DM on the applicant side.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
I'm November 2018 Inland applicant under common law sponsorship.
I received an E-Mail today stating that our sponsorship application has been approved!

When I check my status online it says 'decision made'
In the e mail it also says 'The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly'

What does this exactly mean? I know it's good news, but does it mean this is all over now? Or just that I'm approved in principal and there is more waiting to do?
Also what does SA stand for?

What are the next steps from here on out?

Thanks you!
Congrats!

SA is sponsor next is AIP or approval in principle

Last edited:

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
November 15 applicant here. We have been waiting for OWP but no response. We contacted IRCC but they told us to wait for AIP because the applications were received on different dates. Apparently, someone could not do the simple job of clicking the correct date (date on OWP application is Nov 8). Sent mail to IRCC last week, they got back to us 2 days ago saying they have noticed the error and have forwarded it to the appropriate office. Today sponsor received AIP, so we checked ecas and both sponsor and PA says decision made. Called the phone service (as we were unable to link the application online) and it says background check in progress (same for 2 months now). What does the double DM mean? Thanks[/QUOTE

Do you mean on ecas DM or decision made on both sides sponsor and applicant congrats!

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.