+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

caq

Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I didn't apply for an open work permit along with my PR application. Now I would like to submit an open work permit.
On the CIC website it is mentioned that:
''If you have already received approval in principle on your permanent residence application – meaning you received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada stating you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements but have not yet passed the medical, security and background checks for your family members or yourself – you may apply for an open work permit online.''

I have three questions:

1. "approval in principle" does not mean "approval of applicant" but simply the AOR. Right?

(I think it correspond to this question on work permit application "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?")

2. And to apply online, in the questioner there are two questions that I am not sure how to reply:

2.1 Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
I did check the definition for "accompanying", however, I would like to double check that since I already live in Canada and my partner is
a Canadian citez, I should answer No to this. right?

2.2 Do you also want to apply for a study permit?
Is it fine if I say No and apply for study permit separately from work permit? (I am currently student but would like to extend my study permit next month not now).

Thank yo very much in advance,

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
I understand. The thing is OWPs sent in with PR get processed faster. Ours are not in that pile.

Some apps received with PR are approved exactly at the 4 month mark.

There is no way to tell. An applicant sent his restoration + OWP weeks after the PR got OWP approved 3 months later.

We will see!
Yea that's true... Hopefully ours will be approved sooner rather than later!

Reactions: NHLNFL

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Hi Guys,

I just received an update and when I logged into GcKey, I saw a message that read "eligibility passed". Clicking on it downloaded a letter "AIP letter".

Guys..... what does this mean??
that means you met the requirements to apply for pr under family sponsorship class ...

what is your timeline?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Reactions: u_amy

u_amy

Jan 15, 2019
Congrats! Did you ever notice when you had your background check?
I checked daily for a few days after i passed medicals and it had not started so i didnt bother checking after that.
I randomly logged in on April 16th and it showed that BGC was in progress.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi guys,

I didn't apply for an open work permit along with my PR application. Now I would like to submit an open work permit.
On the CIC website it is mentioned that:
''If you have already received approval in principle on your permanent residence application – meaning you received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada stating you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements but have not yet passed the medical, security and background checks for your family members or yourself – you may apply for an open work permit online.''

I have three questions:

1. "approval in principle" does not mean "approval of applicant" but simply the AOR. Right?

(I think it correspond to this question on work permit application "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?")

2. And to apply online, in the questioner there are two questions that I am not sure how to reply:

2.1 Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
I did check the definition for "accompanying", however, I would like to double check that since I already live in Canada and my partner is
a Canadian citez, I should answer No to this. right?

2.2 Do you also want to apply for a study permit?
Is it fine if I say No and apply for study permit separately from work permit? (I am currently student but would like to extend my study permit next month not now).

Thank yo very much in advance,
1. Approval in principle means approval of applicant not AOR

2.1. accompanying family member would be spouse/ common law partner or children
If you don't have children that came with you to Canada and your partner is Canadian then you answer no

2.2. Yes it's fine to say no but make sure you apply to extend your study permit before it expires

Reactions: caq

caq

Apr 24, 2019
1. Approval in principle means approval of applicant not AOR

2.1. accompanying family member would be spouse/ common law partner or children
If you don't have children that came with you to Canada and your partner is Canadian then you answer no

2.2. Yes it's fine to say no but make sure you apply to extend your study permit before it expires
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Geno.uss