+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
thats good too... unless you wont need to check everyday and get nothing updated ...and depressed...
I still check updates on ECAS and automated phone system but it's not the same as GC Key... you can't see any ghost updates to have an idea or hope that you'll hear anything...
You should relax... many people like you got ghost updates and had to wait so chill... it means they are looking at your file to determine if you are eligible or not... you'll definetly hear something soon
May I ask what's your country of origin?
Maybe they are looking more into your file for some reason? Are you out of status?

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
I still check updates on ECAS and automated phone system but it's not the same as GC Key... you can't see any ghost updates to have an idea or hope that you'll hear anything...
You should relax... many people like you got ghost updates and had to wait so chill... it means they are looking at your file to determine if you are eligible or not... you'll definetly hear something soon
May I ask what's your country of origin?
Maybe they are looking more into your file for some reason? Are you out of status?
Im from beijing,china i was international student here in canada since 2013 and a worker here since 2016 graduation holding a 3-year post graduate work permit.. thats all my information.. dont know why my case is slowing down ...

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Im from beijing,china i was international student here in canada since 2013 and a worker here since 2016 graduation holding a 3-year post graduate work permit.. thats all my information.. dont know why my case is slowing down ...
Oh okay that's good, then hopefully you'll be hearing the good news soon :)
You have been living in Canada for a long time now, you should have of noticed everything takes time here :rolleyes:

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Oh okay that's good, then hopefully you'll be hearing the good news soon :)
You have been living in Canada for a long time now, you should have of noticed everything takes time here :rolleyes:
lol Iam just in a hurry after landing and get my CoPR ill be going back to my hometown for a job at Canadian embassy lol

otherwise, i wouldnt be this impatient lol

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Did you receive your OWP yet? We still haven't heard anything back.
OWP apps received after the PR will be treated within the 3-4 month timeline as any other OWP app mailed in

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Thank you so much. Cuz from what I've seen on the official website it says the family are need to be examined too even if they are not coming or applying to Canada. So It makes me feel really confused.
Read the definition of family members in CIC's glossary.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Read the definition of family members in CIC's glossary.
Katt might get confused more...
Family members for CIC are considered: spouse or common law partner, children and their dependant children
@Katt In spousal sponsorship the sponsor doesn't need to be examined only the PA

Last edited:
Reactions: Katt

Simonesp

Mar 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

What do I do when request for additional information:
Review of additional documents We have received the additional documents you provided.
But then there is a note that: Your action is required
Replacement Needed -RCMP Criminal Record Check (required)

This is confusing, do I need to do something? How do I fix this?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Well it's been almost 3 months so not unreasonable to expect it to be approved...plus some people applied for owp later than us and already received it...
I understand. The thing is OWPs sent in with PR get processed faster. Ours are not in that pile.

Some apps received with PR are approved exactly at the 4 month mark.

There is no way to tell. An applicant sent his restoration + OWP weeks after the PR got OWP approved 3 months later.

We will see!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi Guys,

What do I do when request for additional information:
Review of additional documents We have received the additional documents you provided.
But then there is a note that: Your action is required
Replacement Needed -RCMP Criminal Record Check (required)

This is confusing, do I need to do something? How do I fix this?
Did you send the additional document by mail or online?