+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019

Hi Everyone! I just got approved in my TRV. My trip to Canada will be on April and My boyfriend and I plan to get married in Canada this May. I've seen this requirements in the checklist. We've been in a relationship for 3 years already but Unfortunately, we haven't been together for more than 6 months or a year cause of Long distance relationship. We just get together for a month in a year on his vacation. We don't have anything to show since we don't have any joined accounts. Anyone has the same experience with me? What did you all guys do? Will soon apply for a Spousal Sponsorship Inland soon. best wishes everyone!

Reactions: Geno.uss

RakithaW

Feb 25, 2019
If you guys aren't married already then wait until she gets her permanent residence, you don't want to mess her permanent residence, because if you do get married then she will lose her permanent residence and then you both have to apply again together which isn't easy
If you don't want to separate, you can go ahead and apply for visitor visa and if you got accepted you can come (you don't need to declare that you are coming to get married in Canada you can just say you are coming for a visit as many people advice to do so) and when you arrive to Canada you can get married (after she would have of landed and became pr) and you apply inland
Or you can stay where you are and after she lands and becomes pr she can go back and get married to you and you can apply outland
Both ways work but surely do not marry before she becomes a pr and don't get married and hide it from authorities(her landing as single if she was married) because they will know eventually and she won't be able to sponsor you and she puts her pr at risk too so be careful
Thank you so so much, that's what I wanted to know.. So I just dont want to leave alone there and be back in my country, if we could get married there and me apply for Inland sponsorship which allows me to stay with her would be fine if possible

Rianaldinho

Jun 9, 2017
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
I am seeking some clarification. Are documents date stamp when submitted. I submitted my application with my medical done upfront. In november and the medical expired in december. My profile stated that i passed my medical. Today i received a medical request.

Rianaldinho

Jun 9, 2017
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
My timeline
App rec nov 8 2018
AOR NOV 30 2018
MED PASSED NOV 30 2018
New medical request march 6 2019
BGC started march 6 2019

Rianaldinho

Jun 9, 2017
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 8, 2018.
  2. Medical results have been received.
My ecas profile still shows that my medical results have been received and my gckey was only change this afternoon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Suze7982

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Alberta
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 8, 2018.
  2. Medical results have been received.
My ecas profile still shows that my medical results have been received and my gckey was only change this afternoon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
You can't send in upfront medical results for PR spousal sponsorship, they request them after AOR, that's why you have another request

Rianaldinho

Jun 9, 2017
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
If i cant why would they accept it and state that the i had passed ?

Suze7982

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Alberta
If i cant why would they accept it and state that the i had passed ?
No idea? but it does state on the application not to send in medical results upfront as they won't be accepted and to wait for the request and form...only going by what they state. I know some people send in upfront with the OWP application though, but that's processed separately. Perhaps give them a call to clarify what's going on?

Rianaldinho

Jun 9, 2017
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
Thank you will do so tomorrow

Reactions: Suze7982

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018

Hi Everyone! I just got approved in my TRV. My trip to Canada will be on April and My boyfriend and I plan to get married in Canada this May. I've seen this requirements in the checklist. We've been in a relationship for 3 years already but Unfortunately, we haven't been together for more than 6 months or a year cause of Long distance relationship. We just get together for a month in a year on his vacation. We don't have anything to show since we don't have any joined accounts. Anyone has the same experience with me? What did you all guys do? Will soon apply for a Spousal Sponsorship Inland soon. best wishes everyone!
Congrats on your TRV, your situation is like many others due to long distance, however when you get here you should get joint accounts, you can try to open a joint bank account with your partner (TD bank for instance), if your partner rents a place he can add you to the lease or if he owns the place he can also add you as an owner too if possible, he can add your name to home bills too, you can get drivers license too which will show same address as his, you can buy insurance (life insurance for example and have both of your names) and if he works and he gets benefits he should add your name as a beneficial
You guys can do many things when you get here, and you should, do not just get married fast and apply right away, thats not a good thing, take your time and get as many joint things as much as possible and prepare everything needed on the list, good luck to you guys!

Reactions: Vivinguyen

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thank you so so much, that's what I wanted to know.. So I just dont want to leave alone there and be back in my country, if we could get married there and me apply for Inland sponsorship which allows me to stay with her would be fine if possible
If you got a visitor visa and you got married you can apply inland and you can stay here until a decision is made on your application
For a visitor visa you need to show that you have good ties to your home country and that you have enough money to come to Canada as a visitor, if you have any relatives in Canada: a relative can send you an invitation and that would be the best thing to do

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I am seeking some clarification. Are documents date stamp when submitted. I submitted my application with my medical done upfront. In november and the medical expired in december. My profile stated that i passed my medical. Today i received a medical request.
You received a new request because your medicals expired (they are only good for one year) not because you sent it upfront, that doesn't matter
What matters most is expiry date, if they expired during the process and especially before or during background check then they'll request new one

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Congrats on your TRV, your situation is like many others due to long distance, however when you get here you should get joint accounts, you can try to open a joint bank account with your partner (TD bank for instance), if your partner rents a place he can add you to the lease or if he owns the place he can also add you as an owner too if possible, he can add your name to home bills too, you can get drivers license too which will show same address as his, you can buy insurance (life insurance for example and have both of your names) and if he works and he gets benefits he should add your name as a beneficial
You guys can do many things when you get here, and you should, do not just get married fast and apply right away, thats not a good thing, take your time and get as many joint things as much as possible and prepare everything needed on the list, good luck to you guys!
Ohh wow thank you so much! But we can't be considered as common-law right? Since we haven't been together for straight 1 year. The thing is that the only way I could get a work permit is through the Spousal Sponsorship.

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
We probably have a month to get some joint accounts. Will be arriving by April 16 and plans to get married by May. I think that would be enough I guess. Long distance sucks lol

Reactions: Lime06 and Geno.uss