+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I dont know. My lawyer did that. I submited OWP with visitor extension on Oct 25. The visitor extension was approved yesterday. But the OWP have not thing. I submited the PR application on 30 Oct at Missauge, had a AOR and passed the MR.
You had valid visitor status when you applied for OWP right?

Iloveqinqin

Mar 20, 2018
I don’t believe so. I am under the impression where if you submit the spousal sponsorship with OWP together, you are automatically in implied status.

However, I submitted my wife’s visa extension application and it was approved by Janauray. She received her OWP yesterday.

Ngongocminhduc

Dec 31, 2018
When I submited the PR application, i was in visitor status. I came in canada on June 17 2018 . I dont know why my lawyer didnt submit PR and OWP together. He submited OWP and visitor record together.
The expired of visitor record is 2020/10/08
So What should i do now?

Reactions: Geno.uss

Ngongocminhduc

Dec 31, 2018
Application: October 30th.
AOR: November 17th.
Medical Request: January 3
Medical Exam Passed: January 11th.
OWP submitted with Visitor record at Edmonton Center on Oct 25.
OWP: no link, no e-mail, no return
Visitor record Linked: Jan 30
Visitor record Approved: Feb 19

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
When I submited the PR application, i was in visitor status. I came in canada on June 17 2018 . I dont know why my lawyer didnt submit PR and OWP together. He submited OWP and visitor record together.
The expired of visitor record is 2020/10/08
So What should i do now?
If you submitted OWP when you were still in status then you should receive OWP soon
I am sure you were still in status when you submitted your visitor extension and OWP since they approved your visitor extension, they won't approve it if you were out of status
Actually what your lawyer did was smart in my opinion because when you submit OWP alone it takes less time than when you submit it with PR
You should hear something about your OWP very soon
Lots of people don't have luck linking their OWP or don't even hear anything about it until they reach 3-4 months so don't worry

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
If you submitted OWP when you were still in status then you should receive OWP soon
I am sure you were still in status when you submitted your visitor extension and OWP since they approved your visitor extension, they won't approve it if you were out of status
Actually what your lawyer did was smart in my opinion because when you submit OWP alone it takes less time than when you submit it with PR
Lots of people don't have luck linking their OWP or don't even hear anything about it until they reach 3-4 months so don't worry
What if OWP was submitted without a status. I have been out of status for a couple of years

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ho

How long does AIP take?
AIP stage is at the end of the process
Happens usually after 10-11 months from the date you submitted your application
But you might be lucky and get AIP earlier like some june, july applicants who already got their AIP
Good luck! :)

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
From the timeline provided, it seems like the OWP (Oct. 25) was sent 5 days before the PR application (Oct. 30). I've seen situations where people have sent the OWP separately after the PR app was sent. But since the inland PR app is a prerequisite to be eligible for the OWP, I wonder if they would process it the same way if it was received the other way around?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
From the timeline provided, it seems like the OWP (Oct. 25) was sent 5 days before the PR application (Oct. 30). I've seen situations where people have sent the OWP separately after the PR app was sent. But since the inland PR app is a prerequisite to be eligible for the OWP, I wonder if they would process it the same way if it was received the other way around?
Not sure what you mean by if they would process it the same way if it was the other way around? You can apply for OWP at the same time as inland app submission or after inland app submission, those are the only options. OWP takes 3-5m to process.