+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lime06

Jan 10, 2019
I was able to link my Open work Permit following this steps:

You can also link through your online account via Sign-in Partner or GCkey (whichever you already have)

TO LINK OPEN WORK PERMIT (This is what I did, hope this works for you too)

Category: Temporary Resident

Sub-category: Work Permit and Extension

➡︎ Use UCI and Family Name

➡︎ Do NOT enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country

Enter Passport Information:

↳ Passport Number

↳ Country of Issue

↳ Issue Date and Expiry Date

Details of intended work in Canada

Type of Work Permit: Open (Initial Application or Extension

Personal Information:

↳ Current Country of Residence: Canada

↳ Current Marital Status

↳ Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
is there anybody who had their app for pr returned and owp wasnt?
I don't think that has ever happened before in spousal sponsorship and I don't think it would because the pr application is what makes you eligible for OWP, if your pr application got returned, the OWP will get returned for sure, they aren't going to process the OWP without the pr application

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don't think that has ever happened before in spousal sponsorship and I don't think it would because the pr application is what makes you eligible for OWP, if your pr application got returned, the OWP will get returned for sure, they aren't going to process the OWP without the pr application
i see thanks. they returned our app jan 18. hope we get it today or tomorrow if regular mail by canada post.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
i see thanks. they returned our app jan 18. hope we get it today or tomorrow if regular mail by canada post.
Sorry to hear that,
it usually takes Canada post 3-5 business days to deliver it so hopefully you'll get it really soon

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
who haven't got their MR yet? -specific question to people with their files received in the beginning of November till November 14-15 ?
Me, Nov 15 applicant

I have not received medical yet, but I did mine almost three weeks ago so my OWP can be issued without restrictions (I am a teacher).

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Me, Nov 15 applicant

I have not received medical yet, but I did mine almost three weeks ago so my OWP can be issued without restrictions (I am a teacher).
Oh okay so you sent them your medicals before them asking for it ?
You work in Canada as a teacher? Or you stated that your intention is to be a teacher here?

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
You work in Canada as a teacher? Or you stated that your intention is to be a teacher here?

Did you transfer your teaching license here? Where are you from and what province will you work in? The reason I am asking is that my husband is also a teacher but we haven't done the paper work yet to get his Canadian teaching license.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Just got my OWP in the mail today... I forgot to sign last page (only added my name)... Oh well, I guess I have to re-send it and wait extra 2 months At least I'm happy that they didn't return whole application lol

Reactions: mili80 and dj0010

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Just got my OWP in the mail today... I forgot to sign last page (only added my name)... Oh well, I guess I have to re-send it and wait extra 2 months At least I'm happy that they didn't return whole application lol
so they continue to process your owp? and return the pr app? good for you. still waiting here for the docs they returned

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thats sad and good at the same time, luckily they didn't return your whole application